Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

2-2 Palace, A Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

IMG_1386.thumb.jpeg.ca504ff58d8194b33b190b5ae5ccc8b3.jpeg

IMG_1387.thumb.jpeg.6ce5ed524d70bfc41845a97d7c3e7254.jpeg

The attacking momentum chart makes for interesting reading, literally nothing from us after Cooper made his first sub. Wonderful game management 

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

There is a massive difference between seeing a game out defensively and doing what Cooper did today

Ricardo, El Khannous, Buonanotte and even Bobby Reid were all on the bench and would be able to help you defend but can also give you something going forward and be able to relieve the pressure you are going to be under

Bringing on Coady and Choudhury just meant Palace knew they could ramp up the pressure even more without having to worry about having to do any defending at all, meaning they can commit everyone forward

100% it's the tactics of a football league manager in the cup away at a Premier league team and that's 4 in a row he's made fundamental errors.....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

Cooper tactically looks inept. 

Couldn't keep the ball all second half so decided to sit back and not try and retain the ball, was like having Southgate in charge. 

Was crying out for Buonanotte or El K to come on and keep it and pick up cheap fouls. All we did was sit back and allow them to recycle the ball and invite more pressure 

Cooper cost us the game

I'm confused. Retaining the ball yet doing nothing with it is all Southgate was bothered about, point being the problem. I don't see the comparison.

Just now, pazzerfox said:

Is it not just the case that if Coady hadn't have been so stupid, we would have got all 3 points?

Nah if you don’t bring him on then that doesn’t happen. We had no outlet at all. Bringing on coady and hamza as if it’s an fa cup game and we are a league 2 team hanging on. 

1 minute ago, whetstonefox said:

His game management displayed a concerning lack of confidence in himself. The team has enough to get the points needed but today was such a good chance to get the first win monkey off our backs

Exactly the same tactics as Rodgers used. 1-0 up and then on the defensive.... hopeless

Would have took a point before the game, but to toss it off the way we did is shocking game management.

Coady has being absolute garbage since he limped through the door, literally the only thing he has brought is alleged 'leadership' yet he comes on with 5 to go and does the opposite. We have Vestergaard who is better in literally every element of the game not even making the bench despite playing his nuts off last year and internationally for this gobshite who spends more time on 5 Live than on the pitch. 

Was willing to give Cooper time given the shambles the club was over the summer, but he will soon lose the majority if he continues with this kind of stuff. If you're going to stay up you need to convert 2-0 leads into wins, can't just rely on beating all the teams down the bottom at home, as that's not guaranteed.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

i think we made it harder for ourselves by the subs. if we were parking the bus, then might as well have taken a knackered vardy off for buono, or we could have brought ricardo on who is comfortable on the ball and has pace. whatever hamza was asked to do, he had zero impact.

Cannot see how Hamza was the answer ahead of Ricardo, particularly with where he was positioned.

Ricky at least will control, look after the ball, carry it forward, present an outlet

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Glad that at last you've found a manager to love

Wouldn't say love, far from it, i'm indifferent and i'll criticise where I see fit - For starters as I mentioned in the match thread, I don't condone 3 DMF's and that has got to stop as i'm sure there will be much more to criticise as the season goes on, but I certainly don't get the outrage given the patience and leeway others were given. 

I think maybe i'm just abit further ahead of everyone re-adjusting to where we are - I accepted it a few years ago. Where as it seems most are struggling to realise, adjust, or accept how we've fallen.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Would have took a point before the game, but to toss it off the way we did is shocking game management.

Coady has being absolute garbage since he limped through the door, literally the only thing he has brought is alleged 'leadership' yet he comes on with 5 to go and does the opposite. We have Vestergaard who is better in literally every element of the game not even making the bench despite playing his nuts off last year and internationally for this gobshite who spends more time on 5 Live than on the pitch. 

Was willing to give Cooper time given the shambles the club was over the summer, but he will soon lose the majority if he continues with this kind of stuff. If you're going to stay up you need to convert 2-0 leads into wins, can't just rely on beating all the teams down the bottom at home, as that's not guaranteed.

Surely Vesty is injured?