Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Everton, 21/09/2024

16 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Well I simply disagree on this - I think Okoli is improving and is going to be a very important player for us. Vestergaard was

dropped from the squad on Saturday - not a chance he’ll start against Everton. And Skipp has already established himself as one of our best players and will not be dropped.

The line-up will probably be very similar to last weekend, possibly with Ayew replaced by either Fatawu or Buonanotte. I’d love to see Ricardo come in but it won’t happen. 

Skipp has had one good game out of the three he has played and was rightly criticised for being awful in the previous two he definitely has not already established himself as one of our best players

Vestergaard being dropped from the squad is a stupid decision by cooper he is one of if not our best CB by quite some distance

I also didn't say this is what I think Cooper will pick, I said I think this is what we should pick 

12 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I actually think we have a well balanced squad.  Not always the best players in the fb area but  two attacking midfielders to introduce and a new cf as backup. I hope for a positive team selection for the forthcoming game.

I think he is a cautious manager, might even select same starting 11 as last week.

As May 23 MUST win, we need to start proving we can beat sides in this division & for the confidence of the players & squad, we squandered 2pts last week.  Especially as we won’t get anything at Arsenal, these 2 games needed 4pts from them, we have the 1, let’s get the 4.

But he absolutely has choices in that squad now, fans will be important to really make it a cauldron.

I'll hold my hands up. Ndidi has to start in his advanced role. He deserves it. I'd like to see Mavadidi and Fatawu start with Ayew a choice off the bench. 

It's difficult to get Elkhannous and Buonanotte in the side. I'm leaning towards Elkhannous for Winks possibly and letting him have a go at getting the ball from the defence, beating any press and advancing the ball. That's harsh on Buonanotte but that's a nice problem to have and keeps people on their toes during the game. 

Edouard will be a good addition being able to replace both Vardy or Mavadidi rather having to rely on BDCR. 

I think Ricardo is the other obvious one for Justin. It would be a nice surprise but can't see it happening. 

I'd go with:

Mads

Riccardo.   Faes.    Okoli.    Kristiansen 

Skipp.        Elkhannous 

Fatawu.              Ndidi.            Mavadidi

Vardy

Potential subs:

Buonanotte for Ndidi/Elkhannous 

Edouard for Vardy/Mavadidi

Ayew for Fatawu (if protecting lead in last 15)

Winks - very motivated to come on and prove himself in midfield. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

I'll hold my hands up. Ndidi has to start in his advanced role. He deserves it. I'd like to see Mavadidi and Fatawu start with Ayew a choice off the bench. 

It's difficult to get Elkhannous and Buonanotte in the side. I'm leaning towards Elkhannous for Winks possibly and letting him have a go at getting the ball from the defence, beating any press and advancing the ball. That's harsh on Buonanotte but that's a nice problem to have and keeps people on their toes during the game. 

Edouard will be a good addition being able to replace both Vardy or Mavadidi rather having to rely on BDCR. 

I think Ricardo is the other obvious one for Justin. It would be a nice surprise but can't see it happening. 

I'd go with:

Mads

Riccardo.   Faes.    Okoli.    Kristiansen 

Skipp.        Elkhannous 

Fatawu.              Ndidi.            Mavadidi

Vardy

Potential subs:

Buonanotte for Ndidi/Elkhannous 

Edouard for Vardy/Mavadidi

Ayew for Fatawu (if protecting lead in last 15)

Winks - very motivated to come on and prove himself in midfield. 

Spot on, almost the same team that I put on Bentleys Roof earlier this week but with Buonanotte in for Fatawu… 

Resounding 5.1 win for City, Vardy hat trick & 2 from Mavididi… :beer:

8 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Okoli has had 1 good half and looked dreadful every other time he has played, however the main reason I'd drop him is to get vesterguard in as it has been very clear in the last 2 games we currently have no one in our defense who can pass and act as that link between the defense and midfield/attack and I think that is something that is needed and something vesterguard provides

It's a toss up between skip and ndidi they both played well last game I'd be happy with either starting but not both

Sorry but I think this is extremely harsh on Okoli. He was very good 2nd half vs Villa and was strong the entire game vs Palace. So 75% of his PL appearances he's looked like he belongs at this level.

It was the League Cup game he looked sloppy on the ball but he made some decent passes 1st half vs Palace thst surprised me.

I too find it surprising Vestergaard isn't even in the squad and the games we come up against a low block is going to require his ability on the ball but we know we risk being exposes for pace when he plays, which we saw twice at Fulham. That said Villa also carved us open 1st half with the pace of Okoli so it's not a guarantee we get that protection.

Which game has Skipp been crap in?

13 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We went down last time because (well apart from the facts we had a shithead as manager, a coward as owner, an inept board and a squad who were an utter disgrace) we didn’t win enough of our key games at home. The KP stopped being a fortress. This is a must win. 

oh hey, we've already got 75% of that ticked off, given 50% of it hasn't changed at all from 2 years ago

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry but I think this is extremely harsh on Okoli. He was very good 2nd half vs Villa and was strong the entire game vs Palace. So 75% of his PL appearances he's looked like he belongs at this level.

It was the League Cup game he looked sloppy on the ball but he made some decent passes 1st half vs Palace thst surprised me.

I too find it surprising Vestergaard isn't even in the squad and the games we come up against a low block is going to require his ability on the ball but we know we risk being exposes for pace when he plays, which we saw twice at Fulham. That said Villa also carved us open 1st half with the pace of Okoli so it's not a guarantee we get that protection.

Which game has Skipp been crap in?

Skipp has only really impressed me in the place games all of the others he played including the cup game I think he looked average at best. However maybe that is down to just needing some time to settle in. Like o said for me it is a toss up between him and ndidi starting they both played well last game I would be happy with either of them just not both.

Maybe I have been a bit harsh on okoli but I think he gives the ball away too often, also my main point was I really think vesterguard should be in the team for the reasons I stated, if he dropped faes and played vesterguard and okoli I'd be happy to see how that works but I know that Feas and vesterguard play well together

19 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Skipp has only really impressed me in the place games all of the others he played including the cup game I think he looked average at best. However maybe that is down to just needing some time to settle in. Like o said for me it is a toss up between him and ndidi starting they both played well last game I would be happy with either of them just not both.

Maybe I have been a bit harsh on okoli but I think he gives the ball away too often, also my main point was I really think vesterguard should be in the team for the reasons I stated, if he dropped faes and played vesterguard and okoli I'd be happy to see how that works but I know that Feas and vesterguard play well together

But that’s like saying Justin and Fats, they played different positions?

You need to decide is Ndidi better than the 2 lads who can play the pocket / 10 position if not then is he better than Skipp in the role Skipp is playing or vice versa.

32 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

But that’s like saying Justin and Fats, they played different positions?

You need to decide is Ndidi better than the 2 lads who can play the pocket / 10 position if not then is he better than Skipp in the role Skipp is playing or vice versa.

It really isn't they are both defensive Central midfielders

Unpopular opinion here but that midfield three, Skipp/Winks pivot and Wilf advanced is our biggest asset. It's aggressive,front foot defending and establishes us in the game ...plus  Skipp and Winks can receive the ball in tight spots. 

Ayew needs to be demoted to the bench and his streetwise style esed as a game finisher. That's where we add some creative flourish, either Abdul or at 20 odd million, you'd think the Belgian lad. 

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Unpopular opinion here but that midfield three, Skipp/Winks pivot and Wilf advanced is our biggest asset. It's aggressive,front foot defending and establishes us in the game ...plus  Skipp and Winks can receive the ball in tight spots. 

Ayew needs to be demoted to the bench and his streetwise style esed as a game finisher. That's where we add some creative flourish, either Abdul or at 20 odd million, you'd think the Belgian lad. 

I think there's definitely a fair argument for that now, but it was only 1 game and it was away from home against a team that tried to attack us. It's likely to be very different tomorrow and so I think it's equally fair to want a more creative, better on the ball no.10 playing. 

I do agree though that we absolutely need 2 attacking wingers and need to drop Ayew for this one. 

• Like 1

Although Ayew has done well agree he is a great asset off the bench and I was thinking last week that having Vardy and Ayew starting together might be an issue maintaining momentum late on.

You  would think with the strength that Skipp and Winks provide we could start Buonanotte but that requires a bit of bravery in what will be quite a physical game I think. Personally I'd like one or two risks taken to bring in a bit of flair. If we cannot do this at home when can it be done. I suspect El Khannouss might start in the cup game but probably not tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

I think there's definitely a fair argument for that now, but it was only 1 game and it was away from home against a team that tried to attack us. It's likely to be very different tomorrow and so I think it's equally fair to want a more creative, better on the ball no.10 playing. 

I do agree though that we absolutely need 2 attacking wingers and need to drop Ayew for this one. 

I think the formation unsettled Villa too. They never really found any rhythm. 

For me it's an asset. It's the inclusion of Ayew that's more negative than Wilf. Ayew is tricky, disruptive and hard af. But let's use that nous late in games

Vesty gotta be on bench. He can be used to either defend a game (as a deep lying pivot sat in front of centre halves and push up Skipp, winks) or as an attacking sub to bring more creative passing from the back if we are chasing. Manager gotta be big enough to use Ricardo on the hour if we are chasing the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think the formation unsettled Villa too. They never really found any rhythm. 

For me it's an asset. It's the inclusion of Ayew that's more negative than Wilf. Ayew is tricky, disruptive and hard af. But let's use that nous late in games

Vesty gotta be on bench. He can be used to either defend a game (as a deep lying pivot sat in front of centre halves and push up Skipp, winks) or as an attacking sub to bring more creative passing from the back if we are chasing. Manager gotta be big enough to use Ricardo on the hour if we are chasing the game. 

What unsettled Villa was when Bounanotte and El Khannouss came on more than what had occurred in the first hour.

I think there's occasions the more defensive trio are useful but it'll be clear to see when we come up against teams thst we may have more of the ball (we had more vs Villa actually) or who sit back then it'll look more limited and why we'll need to be accustomed to how our creative players influence this team. 

• Like 3