Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Everton, 21/09/2024

I'd prefer to see us play with our two proper Wingers. Mav and Fats. Both offer a lot more in a need to win game. Fats can assist JJ in defence while Mav can hold the Ball up better than VK bringing others into the game. While also spreading there defence thin across the back.

I expect to see Edourd replace Vardy up top at some point in the second half.

It will be tight but I feel we can win this if the players keep the mommentum up against an Everton team clearly down on confidence.

• Like 3

I really hope Cooper shows he is prepared to be flexible in his team selection and pick horses for courses and not just go with what worked last week. Very different approach needed today. 

They will sit deep so we need players capable of drawing them out, it will be very similar to last season so highly likely we will control and dominate possession, I have horrible feeling he will go with a very defensive and workmanlike line up and we end up struggling to break them down and get hit with a sucker punch and lose 1-0

my team would be, not that I think he will go for it. 

Mads

Riccy

Vesty

Okoli

Justin 

Winks

Skipp

Abdul

Bilal

Mavididi

Eduaord 

subs

Iversen

VK

Faes

Choudhury

Ndidi

Facundo

Ayew

McAteer

Vardy 

if he goes 3 dcms at home again he needs giving a pair of concrete boots and chucking the soar. Same with Ayew tbqh, Everton are shit, get Facundo or Bilal, Fatawu and Mavididi on the same pitch. Ayew can come on if we're leading with 15 to go and do the one thing he does well, fall over and cause breaks in play.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

if he goes 3 dcms at home again he needs giving a pair of concrete boots and chucking the soar. Same with Ayew tbqh, Everton are shit, get Facundo or Bilal, Fatawu and Mavididi on the same pitch. Ayew can come on if we're leading with 15 to go and do the one thing he does well, fall over and cause breaks in play.

He isn't "really" playing with 3 DCM's is he.  Ndidi is currently 3rd in the assists chart. He's using him to turnover play in our attacking third.  it's unlikely that other 10's would be able to do this as effectively.  

It's a bit of a strange renaissance for Wilf really.  It shouldn't really work, none of us would have predicted it prior to maresca shifting him forward, but somehow, he does a job. 

It's not as pretty to watch as Madison at 10.  But I'd almost rather have Wilf further forward if he HAS to start, as his loose passes are lest likely to hurt us that far up field AND he creates an opportunity to turnover play where it's most likely to hurt our opposition. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

He isn't "really" playing with 3 DCM's is he.  Ndidi is currently 3rd in the assists chart. He's using him to turnover play in our attacking third.  it's unlikely that other 10's would be able to do this as effectively.  

It's a bit of a strange renaissance for Wilf really.  It shouldn't really work, none of us would have predicted it prior to maresca shifting him forward, but somehow, he does a job. 

It's not as pretty to watch as Madison at 10.  But I'd almost rather have Wilf further forward if he HAS to start, as his loose passes are lest likely to hurt us that far up field AND he creates an opportunity to turnover play where it's most likely to hurt our opposition. 

Yes, he's playing him as an advanced destroyer but wilf is not, nor will he ever be, the man to unpick a stubborn defence. Play him there by all means against bigger sides or away from home, where teams won't sit in and dare us to break them down, but Everton will do that and Wilf will be as useful in that role in this game as a space heater in the Sahara.

• Like 2

I think we’ll see no changes, or maybe one change at most. I’d like to see us go more attacking, especially considering how little possession Everton have had. We need our best players on the ball. But I just can't see it - he'll probably play it safe at first and maybe adjust later in the game. Excited to see Edouard make his debut, should definitely come on second half you'd think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Yes, he's playing him as an advanced destroyer but wilf is not, nor will he ever be, the man to unpick a stubborn defence. Play him there by all means against bigger sides or away from home, where teams won't sit in and dare us to break them down, but Everton will do that and Wilf will be as useful in that role in this game as a space heater in the Sahara.

I would leave Wilf out for this game.  He just floats around too much watching players run by when high up the pitch.  He is good when things are falling apart and he doesn’t have to think.  We have enough young skilled players to take long shots which at worst will force a save for whoever we have upfront to pounce on. Ayew has shown why he peaked at Palace. 

Cooper will already have the excuse’s lined up.  

I’m sure he will start defensive in selection and any change will be reactive 10mins too late. No point being so defensive yet getting JJ or VK to double up on a forward leaving a winger with all the space to put the ball in a dangerous area.