Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Everton, 21/09/2024

26 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

he doesn’t have to think

I ain't digging you out specifically, but comments like these bother me. 

One, from a football perspective. Wilf's a intelligent football brain on him.  His runs inside the winger. His intercepts. Dinked crosses to the back post. Even his goals (saints away last season) .... I CBA to list all the examples. Long arms and legs doesn't necessarily mean bad player. 

Second, the guy studied at uni whilst being a full time professional athlete at the very highest of PL levels. I suspect Wilf is quite ok having to 'think'

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I ain't digging you out specifically, but comments like these bother me. 

One, from a football perspective. Wilf's a intelligent football brain on him.  His runs inside the winger. His intercepts. Dinked crosses to the back post. Even his goals (saints away last season) .... I CBA to list all the examples. Long arms and legs doesn't necessarily mean bad player. 

Second, the guy studied at uni whilst being a full time professional athlete at the very highest of PL levels. I suspect Wilf is quite ok having to 'think'

Don’t worry I don’t take it as that.  What I mean is the two goal situations that Ndidi created were in moments of chaos.  When Ndidi has all the time in the world the decision usually is the wrong one because he hasn’t got the finesse and ability that is required.  

He might have an intelligent footballing brain but his body and ability doesn’t match it.  He makes countless mistakes that puts others under pressures, so maybe he isn’t playing smart. Regarding those examples, they were two things that Enzo drilled into him, and what I’ve commented on him being good at.  

• Like 1

As Keegam said " I'd LOVE it if we beat them".

Be great to get some of this negativity  out after just a few games and give Cooper half a chance.

Really is a massive game, as big as the last one we had against them!!!

Do we think he is a conservative manager???? I think he is going with Ayew all the time & the midfield 3.

Currently Everton can’t defend, statement of intent from the start, not firefighting at 60mins.

So much for the month or two rides on getting 3pts here & the show on the road!!!!

Cmon Steve go at them.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Ayew has been one of our better players since he started, i would defo start him

Agreed you can’t have 2 out and out wingers in this league - we would be wide open - I think the balance is right with one of mav or fatawu and then ayew on the other side - very albrighton and mahrez esc 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

He isn't "really" playing with 3 DCM's is he.  Ndidi is currently 3rd in the assists chart. He's using him to turnover play in our attacking third.  it's unlikely that other 10's would be able to do this as effectively.  

It's a bit of a strange renaissance for Wilf really.  It shouldn't really work, none of us would have predicted it prior to maresca shifting him forward, but somehow, he does a job. 

It's not as pretty to watch as Madison at 10.  But I'd almost rather have Wilf further forward if he HAS to start, as his loose passes are lest likely to hurt us that far up field AND he creates an opportunity to turnover play where it's most likely to hurt our opposition. 

Wasn’t Bilal praised by Genk fans for his pressing?? 🤔

11 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Agreed you can’t have 2 out and out wingers in this league - we would be wide open - I think the balance is right with one of mav or fatawu and then ayew on the other side - very albrighton and mahrez esc 

Idk what ayew does that fatawu doesn't do

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Fatawu's defensive stats will be as good, if not better than Ayew's.

Also, the one quality we were told that Ayew brings is his ability to see results out for us. Yet his fitness levels currently don't look like he can do 90 minutes.

He was pretty poor vs Palace after what had looked to be a promising home debut in the league vs Villa.

We simply cannot play that midfield three and someone like Ayew and expect to do enough to win football matches.

• Like 1

Lose this, and Cooper absolutely HAS to be sacked. 13 goals conceded in four games. The last two losing 2-0 leads. Everton’s confidence will be fragile, so we’ve absolutely got to get after them early doors, if we can score early I think they will fall apart. 

However, and there a huge however….. Dyche is a shrewd old dog, and he knows how to get a win when he needs it and tactically I think he’s better than Cooper, and I think he’s a better motivator than Cooper, I’ve just got a horrible feeling Everton will race into a 2-0 lead and as per usual we will leave it too late to come back. 

But I stand firm in what I say, if we lose this Cooper has to go, it’s unforgivable to lose a game like this, considering:

1) how poor Everton have been so far 

2) they’ve a number of key players injured and have allegedly only 12 senior players fit. 

Simply no excuses today for Cooper, if we lose then he’s done. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

My big fear from what we have witnessed to date is at some stage of the game, Cooper will cack his pants and set us up to be very negative, be it with his team selection and tactical set up to contain and stay in the game or if we do go ahead he will make defensive substitutions and concede territory and attacking intent, either way at some point he will hand the initiative to the opposition and it has resulted in us conceding goals and this far killing our chances of securing wins. 

I think our issue this season will be we will draw way too many games, where we should be targeting wins. Today I can see us either being ultra cautious and going a goal down and then having to throw the kitchen sink to try and rescue a point or go ahead and then go ultra defensive and negative, concede any momentum in the game and gift them a point or more. 

• Like 1

If we can keep McNeill and DCL quiet, we should have enough quality to win ,but we have to match their physicality, That's the biggest part of their game. Last week, they brought a big lad on who just wanted to go round kicking everyone and getting in their faces. Clearly not much in the way of quality up there. That's the Dyche model.