Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Everton, 21/09/2024

20 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Lose this, and Cooper absolutely HAS to be sacked. 13 goals conceded in four games. The last two losing 2-0 leads. Everton’s confidence will be fragile, so we’ve absolutely got to get after them early doors, if we can score early I think they will fall apart. 

However, and there a huge however….. Dyche is a shrewd old dog, and he knows how to get a win when he needs it and tactically I think he’s better than Cooper, and I think he’s a better motivator than Cooper, I’ve just got a horrible feeling Everton will race into a 2-0 lead and as per usual we will leave it too late to come back. 

But I stand firm in what I say, if we lose this Cooper has to go, it’s unforgivable to lose a game like this, considering:

1) how poor Everton have been so far 

2) they’ve a number of key players injured and have allegedly only 12 senior players fit. 

Simply no excuses today for Cooper, if we lose then he’s done. 

There’s is absolutely 0 chance Cooper is sacked at any point before Christmas. It doesn’t matter what the result is today, he will be in charge for Walsall midweek and again when we go to Arsenal.

• Like 2

We might win 4-0. We might lose 4-0. Or it could be anything in between. One thing we’re not is predictable! Think we can all agree Cooper isn’t a world class manager, I’m hoping today that he proves to be a lucky one.

• Like 1

As much as Cooper has frustrated me so far, there were green shoots against Palace, before we shat the bed. But I think this is a real test of how brave he is as a manager. I’ve accepted while under his management we’ll be overly cautious away from home, but at home we need to take the handbrake off and make it a fortress. On and off the pitch. Pressing, positivity and front-foot football and the crowd will be up for it. 

As much as Wilf deserves to start after the Palace game, he really shouldn’t. They’ll be compact and we’ll need some guile to get through their defensive shape. It’s a game for Fatawu, Mavidid and Buonanotte as the 3 behind Vardy. Wilf and Ayew come on to shore up the game

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, F T Fagos said:

If we can keep McNeill and DCL quiet, we should have enough quality to win ,but we have to match their physicality, That's the biggest part of their game. Last week, they brought a big lad on who just wanted to go round kicking everyone and getting in their faces. Clearly not much in the way of quality up there. That's the Dyche model. 

If McNeil is playing on the same side as Justin then he is going to love it today.  He will get so much time and space to cross in to DCL. 

48 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Lose this, and Cooper absolutely HAS to be sacked. 13 goals conceded in four games. The last two losing 2-0 leads. Everton’s confidence will be fragile, so we’ve absolutely got to get after them early doors, if we can score early I think they will fall apart. 

However, and there a huge however….. Dyche is a shrewd old dog, and he knows how to get a win when he needs it and tactically I think he’s better than Cooper, and I think he’s a better motivator than Cooper, I’ve just got a horrible feeling Everton will race into a 2-0 lead and as per usual we will leave it too late to come back. 

But I stand firm in what I say, if we lose this Cooper has to go, it’s unforgivable to lose a game like this, considering:

1) how poor Everton have been so far 

2) they’ve a number of key players injured and have allegedly only 12 senior players fit. 

Simply no excuses today for Cooper, if we lose then he’s done. 

Lose on Saturday, sacked on Sunday 

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Unless I'm mistaken, Vestergaards not been in any of the footage shown this week in training. Cooper said there's no injuries as well.

You just didn't know where to look.  He'll be on the bench ahead of Ward

giraffegoal.JPG.7b204449c1fc2b782fbeadb8fb66da51.JPG

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Just on my first tin

Same here

bigtin.JPG.7ea3984f78eec34e234bc720eb80487a.JPG

sorry, my attempts at humor get even worse when I'm THIS ****ING NERVOUS

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

But by selecting 3 DM's and one winger we're just making it difficult for the winger as there is no threat anywhere else, a big reason Mavididi and Fatawu had success last season because opposition knew we had threat on both sides. If Cooper is that terrifed of selecting two wingers then he has alternative options that would still be better than what he's doing, if he's going to persist with Ayew then he simply has to play a number 10. (El Khannous or Buonanotte). If he's going to stick with three DM's then he has to play Buonanotte as an inside forward with one of Mavididi or Fatawu.

I don't see why we can't play two wingers against the worst team in the league though, especially when we're lining up with 3 DM's.

Bang on with this you then atleast have to have one of the 3 central players who can natural attack to like Facundo and Khanous

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Unless I'm mistaken, Vestergaards not been in any of the footage shown this week in training. Cooper said there's no injuries as well.

Has he fallen out with Cooper? Madness to not at the very least include him on the bench.

I can't argue with those pointing out how we set up so negativity, I too would like to see us believe in ourselves a bit more and go more attacking.

That said, I'm finding it really hard to dislike Cooper and I really want to see him do well.

Some of his decisions are odd, granted, but I like that he has passion and what seems like a genuine care for the club other that it just being 'his job'.

I know I'm in the minority,  but I don't really hold the Palace decisions against him either. We didn't lose to his decisions, we lost due to the stupidity of an 'experienced defender' (the same one that many wanted to be a regular starter for us) hacking down a player in the box.

I don't know, it's nothing more than my opinion, right or wrong, so don't waste your time coming for me, I just don't seem to hold the hatred for Cooper that many seem to.

I do, however, feel that today really is make or break for him. Not that he'll get sacked regardless, but lose today, I think he'll lose the fans completely. 

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I can't argue with those pointing out how we set up so negativity, I too would like to see us believe in ourselves a bit more and go more attacking.

That said, I'm finding it really hard to dislike Cooper and I really want to see him do well.

Some of his decisions are odd, granted, but I like that he has passion and what seems like a genuine care for the club other that it just being 'his job'.

I know I'm in the minority,  but I don't really hold the Palace decisions against him either. We didn't lose to his decisions, we lost due to the stupidity of an 'experienced defender' (the same one that many wanted to be a regular starter for us) hacking down a player in the box.

I don't know, it's nothing more than my opinion, right or wrong, so don't waste your time coming for me, I just don't seem to hold the hatred for Cooper that many seem to.

I do, however, feel that today really is make or break for him. Not that he'll get sacked regardless, but lose today, I think he'll lose the fans completely. 

On that basis we should have appointed Bernie as manager a few years back.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

There’s is absolutely 0 chance Cooper is sacked at any point before Christmas. It doesn’t matter what the result is today, he will be in charge for Walsall midweek and again when we go to Arsenal.

He won’t be sacked after today whatever the result, but he will definitely be sacked before Christmas if it looks like we’re heading for relegation.

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I do, however, feel that today really is make or break for him. Not that he'll get sacked regardless, but lose today, I think he'll lose the fans completely

This is exactly where I am at with it all. 

I like Cooper. I like to see the players have some spirit. 

At a loss as to why a draw away from home is a bad result. 

He's making us hard to beat with his line up and I think people underestimate the qualities in that line up. Don't really see it as 3DM's. 

Sure you make your own luck bit defending a lead is a reasonable tactical decision. Think we are where we would have predicted we should be 4 games in. 

Excited for today. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He won’t be sacked after today whatever the result, but he will definitely be sacked before Christmas if it looks like we’re heading for relegation.

Well technically tomorrow is before Christmas so hopefully things will start to improve from Monday onwards then 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brookfox said:

We might win 4-0. We might lose 4-0. Or it could be anything in between. One thing we’re not is predictable! Think we can all agree Cooper isn’t a world class manager, I’m hoping today that he proves to be a lucky one.

We're not predictable but cooper is. His record before us is about the same as it is with us. He doesn't seem to be learning.

• Like 1