Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Everton, 21/09/2024

33 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

Exactly what I said to me pal on Saturday. Huge pressure on Everton but they can score a goal. DCL is just the worst striker, an absolute fraud.

DCL might not convert every chance, but he's far from "the worst striker." He's scored against us before and was a constant threat throughout. Plus he’s already got 2 goals and an assist in 4 games this season. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

DCL might not convert every chance, but he's far from "the worst striker." He's scored against us before and was a constant threat throughout. Plus he’s already got 2 goals and an assist in 4 games this season. 

Yeah he caused villa all sorts of problems on Saturday just missed an absolute sitter

44 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I stand corrected sir. I personally think he wasteful and a bit crap but a lot of prem strikers are. Jackson, Nketiah and Daka are more athletes than strikers. Still love Vards on top form.

Might be a bit controversial, but I’d start Edouard for this. We need to get him integrated quickly, and Vardy's just played a full 90 against Palace. Also tactically, this is an Everton team who are currently sitting very deep. Which doesn't play to Vardy's strength. A difficult decision between Fatawu and Ayew on the right,  but I think Fatawu slightly edges it for me. If he can get Mykolenko in a 1v1, I think he'll get the better of him. You can’t drop Ndidi, given his current form and I need to get Facundo into the team, so Winks would be the one to make way. Although he hasn't done much wrong - could serve as a reminder that his spot isn’t guaranteed every week. A bit of competition for places is always healthy.

Hermansen

Justin Okoli Faes Kristiansen

Skipp Ndidi

Fatawu Buonanotte Mavididi

Edouard 

• Like 2

you aint dropping Winks or Skipp. Ndidi played ok against Palace but we need attackers in the line up. Ndidi has to go im afraid.

Ayew starts on the right imho as Abdul didnt do anything of note when he came on and has been fairly poor this season so far. Shooting from inside your own half too just isn't on.

23 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

you aint dropping Winks or Skipp. Ndidi played ok against Palace but we need attackers in the line up. Ndidi has to go im afraid.

Ayew starts on the right imho as Abdul didnt do anything of note when he came on and has been fairly poor this season so far. Shooting from inside your own half too just isn't on.

I agree you cant drop winks or skipp that partnership is already flourishing and will only get even more solid as week go on. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think the team that concedes first will probably win. 2 managers that are absolutely petrified by the pressure of leading a football match. The team that accidentally scores first will mentally capitulate and allow the other team to win it late on.

Slightly worrying that a lot rate us better than Everton. They stuck 2 past Villa, had a few other decent chances in that game and know that a win will leap frog our 2 points. Harrison and O'Neil are better players than anyone at our club.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

Slightly worrying that a lot rate us better than Everton. They stuck 2 past Villa, had a few other decent chances in that game and know that a win will leap frog our 2 points. Harrison and O'Neil are better players than anyone at our club.

wouldn't say Jack Harrison is

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

I'd rather have Mavididi and Fatawu

• Like 1

On 14/09/2024 at 20:48, Bilo said:

A sensible man goes hell for leather against these.

Hermansen

Ricardo

Faes

Okoli

Justin

Winks

Skipp

Fatawu

Bounanotte

Mavididi

Edouard

Get right into them and give them a good going over from the outset and they'll crumble like Donald Trump in a spelling test. 

He'll probably go unchanged though and we'll play out the most honking 0-0 you've ever seen.

Surely Vardy starts? Looks very sharp and playing like he's just hit 30 as opposed to nearing 40...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I think the team that concedes first will probably win. 2 managers that are absolutely petrified by the pressure of leading a football match.

Actually we have spent as much time leading games as Man United :wes:

gamestate.thumb.JPG.d0a1634291471aae7a7186af9e24c6a4.JPG

Not sure what conclusion to draw from this, except that we have not played anything like certain for the drop, unlike damn-the-torpedoes Southampton.

3 hours ago, dr.o.ball said:

As in Jack Harrison? You must be joking?

Not sure who O'Neil is, either.

Hermansen 

JJ 

Faes 

Okoli 

Kristiansen 

Winks 

Skipp 

Fatawu 

Ndidi 

Mavididi 

Vardy 

Not keen on midfield 3 of Winks, Skipp and Ndidi but we need Ndidi's height and combative nature against a physical Everton side. Can't drop him after how he played on Saturday either.