Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Everton, 21/09/2024

Everton have had a few out with illness including Calvert- Lewin and of course some will have played midweek although it looks like they kept some players back.  Going to be a real battle wouldn't underestimate them but at the same time please lets set up on the front foot.

Edited by Edingleyfox
  • Like 1

On 17/09/2024 at 07:33, RumbleFox said:

Three DM didn’t work? Welcome the new 5 DM revolution!!! COME OOONNNNNNNN!!!!

Hermansen

JJ Faes Okoli VK

Skipp Winks Ndidi Hamza Soumare

Ayew

I know you're joking but, seriously, I would not be surprised to see Cooper fielding this team at Arsenal in a couple of weeks. 

• Sad 1

On 17/09/2024 at 07:33, RumbleFox said:

Three DM didn’t work? Welcome the new 5 DM revolution!!! COME OOONNNNNNNN!!!!

Hermansen

JJ Faes Okoli VK

Skipp Winks Ndidi Hamza Soumare

Ayew

That's just a ridiculous, surreal, crazy selection, be serious please. JJ over Ricardo?

• Haha 1

We pressed really well against Palace and stopped the ball moving into their central midfield, but against Everton that's much less of a concern. In fact, off all the matches we'll play this season this is the one where our high press is of the least importance. If he doesn't pick a more creative, technical team for this...he never will.

They'll be happy to sit back and let us play in front of them, so we'll need quality on the ball. Fatawu and Mavididi out wide, Buonanotte as the 10, Ricardo in for Justin and possibly Vestergaard for Faes.

It's a great time to be playing Everton. Take the game to them in the first half and THEN bring on the likes of Ndidi and Ayew later on. Please for the love of god don't start with them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Have to win, longer the wait for a win goes on the less belief the squad will have that we belong at this level and it will be loads of narrow defeats and draws til the inevitable happens, 

if we don’t win it it’s perfect time to get someone more capable in whilst its still early and we have a chance

I think 90% of the squad know they belong at this level, unfortunately the manager approaches games tactically like we don't belong at this level.

• Like 1

I'm confident we win this. It's deeply troubling if we don't but drawing on all the positives we have seen so far, it would be a real disappointment for it not to come together against the absolute pits of the league. 

We need a win bottom line, both club and manager. Get a win and we settle down a bit ahead of a run of games we can and ought to get a decent points return from and give us a springboard to keep the bottom three positions at bay. 

There's obvious pressure and we've no idea how strong this group is under Cooper but there's no getting away from it being must win territory.

It's the potential to be a scruffy game, one I'd fear for us if they take the lead and we're expected to take the game to them but I also think if we take the lead, we win. 

Going for 2 nil Leicester

Mavididi and Edouard late on

• Like 1