Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Everton, 21/09/2024

On 16/09/2024 at 12:03, dr.o.ball said:

Slightly worrying that a lot rate us better than Everton. They stuck 2 past Villa, had a few other decent chances in that game and know that a win will leap frog our 2 points. Harrison and O'Neil are better players than anyone at our club.

We scored against Villa, drew against Spurs and Palace and scored against Fulham. We're not that bad

25 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

We scored against Villa, drew against Spurs and Palace and scored against Fulham. We're not that bad

You're right, I actually think that we have a decent group of players. My main point was that a disturbing amount of our fans think that we should beat Everton as a matter of course.

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

FM has anyone been on Grand Old team? 

They are almost suicidal with a number of them are predicating a Vardy hat trick. One or two of them are wishing for an international break for god sake 

If we could get an early goal it could turn very toxic for them. 

FFS come out of the blocks and stick it to this lot 

COYB 

Probably exactly like this place before the opening game vs Spurs. 

All the hallmarks of an Everton result isn't it 😫😫

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

You're right, I actually think that we have a decent group of players. My main point was that a disturbing amount of our fans think that we should beat Everton as a matter of course.

If you're not going to put expectations on winning your home games against teams we anticipate being relegation candidates then I don't think it's fair for fans who stick up for results that go against us in games we'd not be expected to win ala Fulham away, Villa at home, Palace etc.

The fact is nothing ever goes to plan, and at the very least to meet what's expected of you as a team it evens itself out. 

We've not yet won a game, if we don't win in what's quite possibly the easiest game on paper of the season to date then it's extremely poor.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If you're not going to put expectations on winning your home games against teams we anticipate being relegation candidates then I don't think it's fair for fans who stick up for results that go against us in games we'd not be expected to win ala Fulham away, Villa at home, Palace etc.

The fact is nothing ever goes to plan, and at the very least to meet what's expected of you as a team it evens itself out. 

We've not yet won a game, if we don't win in what's quite possibly the easiest game on paper of the season to date then it's extremely poor.

I'm quite a positive fan and it's my first game at the KP this season, really excited to see us play. How we set up against them is crucial because there work rate will be high and something we need to match. Cooper will need an attacking threat and some scrappers in there too to combat the energy they'll bring. 

They will look at us and expect a win themselves.

Absolutely brilliant brilliant podcasts and thank tou so much for them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

I'm quite a positive fan and it's my first game at the KP this season, really excited to see us play. How we set up against them is crucial because there work rate will be high and something we need to match. Cooper will need an attacking threat and some scrappers in there too to combat the energy they'll bring. 

They will look at us and expect a win themselves.

Absolutely brilliant brilliant podcasts and thank tou so much for them. 

Thanks pal, I'm also at the game on Saturday. Hope we both have an enjoyable experience or at the very least 3 pints. 

Edited to say, I meant 3 points, but either will do 😂

• Haha 1

Steve Cooper Pre-Match Press Conference vs Everton

Team news?

“Same as last week. No real change. We had a couple of bumps and bruises, but we’re as we are.”

Showing you're a Premier League club?

“We definitely would like more points than we have. That’s always the number one objective. We’re frustrated we haven’t got more points because we feel we could have got more points in each game, but it’s also a motivation. But we also feel we are becoming more positive in that transition. There’s a lot of good work going on. There’s a brilliant spirit and collectiveness.”

Edouard?

“It’s felt like he’s been with us for a while now. It’s allowed him to develop his relationships with team-mates and understand how we want to play. He adds good experience to the top of the pitch. He plays as a number nine but can play in slightly different positions. We want options and Odsonne is another example of that.”

Big chance to win?

“We’re taking every game as it comes and treating with equal importance. They have a lot of very good players and a very experienced manager. We have to focus on what we can bring. We’re excited about the game and being at home. It’s been a brilliant training week I have to say, on the back of a difficult result and a really bad decision we’ve had to pick up with the Premier League.”

VAR decision?

“We’re over it. It was an awful human error. It’s been hidden in the media. That has been as disappointing as the error itself. We have seen images that show he clearly was offside. But they froze it at the wrong time. Everything that has been seen has been a false image. We showed the Premier League that they used the wrong image. We had a massive error go against us. We don’t want it to go under the radar because that’s not fair to the players or the supporters. Errors like that shouldn’t happen. It’s why we’re changing to semi-automated. We felt very let down by it. We needed to stand up for the club and tell the Premier League what we thought.”

Vardy?

“He’s really hungry, really motivated. You have to consider his age in terms of his preparation. He gets excited on matchdays. Preparations allows him to be at his best. He’s had a very good start, especially considering his injury in pre-season. He’s been able to deliver even while still getting up to speed.”

Edouard v Vardy?

“Jamie has been well-known for playing on the shoulder, runs in behind, and that’s what given him the career we’ve all seen. Odsonne can offer that as well. But he can play in a couple of positions. And you just need more than one option. He has big-game experience from his time at Celtic as well. The more attacking options you can have, for changes, the better. It’s not just about the starting team, it’s about having a variety. You saw with Vards and Pato picking up injuries, we were undermanned there. We needed bodies. The quality we have, it bodes well.”

Response over VAR?

“We asked them to explain and it confirmed they were wrong in terms of when they stopped the game. It’s not been near the media. Everything you’ve seen on Match of the Day or Sky was wrong. We showed them that, but they’ve not come back to us since.”

The images you have, did VAR have those?

“Some of it. But it’s not been used. Mistakes will happen. Hopefully we’ll now be on the end of a decision that goes for us. But own up to it. That’s what the players and managers do. Referees need to as well. The images they have used, he is onside, but it’s after the ball is kicked. If they did it at the moment it is kicked, he is offside. We can’t release them and we won’t. We sent them our presentation and footage, but we’ve not heard anything back.”

Players playing too many games?

“I can’t say I’ve got the personal experience of being a Premier League manager in Europe. It would be wrong for me to give a strong opinion because I’ve not lived in that world. We’ll play a lot less games than in the Championship. It’s right that it’s topical and it’s right it’s monitored. You want players to be at their best because it gives off the best image. And player welfare, you have to look after players.”

On the Toffees

"Everton have a lot of really good players and an experienced manager so, the same as every game, this one comes with challenges. But we’re excited about the game and excited about being at home - it’s been a great training week."

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Seems like Myolenko and Calvert Lewin are both fit for Everton and they have Tarkowski back as well.

Advantage Leicester then! Everton fans say Tark has been worse than Keane this season. As long as Branthwaite doesn't suddenly make a miraculous recovery, they'll be playing some honking back line!

15 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I wish Cooper would stop talking about that Mateta goal and just focus on this weekend.

One of the biggest games of our season coming up. 

He was obviously going to be asked about it, and why shouldn't he reply? These sorts of mistakes shouldn't be brushed under the carpet,.

• Like 2

Just now, talking_goldfish said:

He was obviously going to be asked about it, and why shouldn't he reply? These sorts of mistakes shouldn't be brushed under the carpet,.

Agreed that he's not mentioned it unprovoked so can't exactly blame him for addressing it but my issue is more with the fact that absolutely nothing will change even if the PGMOL apologise.

Off topic but thats......some profile gif from you hahah

Just now, TheGoldenGod said:

Agreed that he's not mentioned it unprovoked so can't exactly blame him for addressing it but my issue is more with the fact that absolutely nothing will change even if the PGMOL apologise.

Off topic but thats......some profile gif from you hahah

I agree nothing will be done, but we should at least demand an apology. We do love embarrassing official footballing bodies!

Ah yeah, it is a live feed of me working from home, battling doofi users who can't use Outlook correctly.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I wish Cooper would stop talking about that Mateta goal and just focus on this weekend.

One of the biggest games of our season coming up. 

He was asked a question and answered it , take your agenda somewhere else

• Like 2

I wish he was as passionate to talk about player development of our young players, in particular our academy as he is about the refereeing injustices.

Also he's managed to shoehorn referencing " experience " 5 times in to his presser. Exceptional from the man 😂😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Mavididi needs to start so he can go for Ashley Young

Everton fans expecting the below to be their starting 11

Pickford

Young
Tarkowski
Obrien
Mykolenko

Doucoure
Iroegbunam

McNeil
Harrison
NDiaye

DCL

Absolutely rotten team that

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Mavididi needs to start so he can go for Ashley Young

Everton fans expecting the below to be their starting 11

Pickford

Young
Tarkowski
Obrien
Mykolenko

Doucoure
Iroegbunam

McNeil
Harrison
NDiaye

DCL

I'll be disappointed if Keane doesn't start

3 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

FM has anyone been on Grand Old team? 

They are almost suicidal with a number of them are predicating a Vardy hat trick. One or two of them are wishing for an international break for god sake 

If we could get an early goal it could turn very toxic for them. 

FFS come out of the blocks and stick it to this lot 

COYB 

This is the thing, we should be setting up to be really attacking and go for them, they’re fragile as ****. Yet we will just set up defensively probably go 2-0 down in the first half….. 

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wish he was as passionate to talk about player development of our young players, in particular our academy as he is about the refereeing injustices.

Also he's managed to shoehorn referencing " experience " 5 times in to his presser. Exceptional from the man 😂😂😂😂

He knows fine well if the on field results aren’t going ok he is out by Xmas - I think it’s fair to say he quite simply hasn’t got the time to wax lyrically about the academy at the minute - I reckon he has had a look and none are ready - if he lasts the season hopefully he gets to it - modern day problems- it’s results or out - Enzo didn’t think any of them were even good enough to get any minutes in the championship so why give cooper the grief of not playing any of them in the prem 

• Like 2