Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alfox13

Ricardo mystery

What is clear is he doesn’t trust him or refuses to utilise him in the premier league  when we are chasing a game or when we are looking to close a victory out, so on that basis I struggle to see how he will get any semblance of game time whilst Cooper is here unless it is in the cup games. Surely in the 4 games so far in the league, there would have been a positive in utilising Ricardo to try and influence the result in a positive aspect. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

What is clear is he doesn’t trust him or refuses to utilise him in the premier league  when we are chasing a game or when we are looking to close a victory out, so on that basis I struggle to see how he will get any semblance of game time whilst Cooper is here unless it is in the cup games. Surely in the 4 games so far in the league, there would have been a positive in utilising Ricardo to try and influence the result in a positive aspect. 

These the only reasons you can come up with? 
(Edit: iPad fail, early post)

Seems weird, but maybe he is too fragile? Has a knock?
I fail to understand what possible reason Cooper would have for not playing him if he were fit, was currently capable to play at the required level, etc.

I realise people love a conspiracy, but why undermine yourself? He is only damaging his own reputation. :dunno:

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 minute ago, jerry said:

Agenda against Cooper due to his Forest link ? Only a brain fart from Coady cost is a win on Saturday, would the venom still be the  same we won ? Any one on this Forum expecting anything other than a relegation scrap are sadly deluded.

Probably not? Our Premier League winning captain was a Forest academy graduate and their longest serving player when he joined us, and one of our greatest ever managers won the European Cup with them. I'm sure there is a minority who hold it against him but I think most people who have a problem with Cooper are less concerned about him having managed them and more about him not being very good at this level.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jerry said:

Agenda against Cooper due to his Forest link ? Only a brain fart from Coady cost is a win on Saturday, would the venom still be the  same we won ? Any one on this Forum expecting anything other than a relegation scrap are sadly deluded.

Behave yourself.

The tactics and substitutions against Palace were absolutely diabolical.

Took way too long to change it against Villa. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, jerry said:

Spot on with this. The knives out so early for Cooper is completely unreasonable

• Like 4

Can call me anti cooper all you like, if he came out wearing a full Forest kit but played Riccy P I’d have a damn sight more time for him. It is the one issue everyone I know has and it’s painting him as incompetent, you play your best player. If you don’t start him you bring him on regardless of the situation, chasing, leading, settling for a point. Who gives a ****, you bring on Riccy P if you’re stupid enough not to start him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

See, I don't know much... But I can with some confidence tell you that absolutely nobody with above-room-temperature IQ gives two fvcks about the fact this bloke managed Forest. 

The only time I've ever seen it even mentioned is from people bizarrely calling out this non-existent so-called "agenda"  

It's a total fallacy.

🤔.

3 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Most annoying thing is that a fresh Ricardo Pereria coming on at 70mins, on right side of midfield in front of JJ to help protect a lead, would be immense, by far our best option in that situation.

We could shut up shop, and have pace and quality Prem experience on right hand side.

Not to mention he knows Vardy better than 90% of the squad, he wouldn't have to look up, we'd be lethal on counter.

Crazy really how majority of us all know that at the weekend that would of been a much smarter idea as offers pace to get up the pitch and attack but also strengthens us defensively yet the guy paid millions to make the decisions seems oblivious, you either know the game or you don’t

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bert said:

Yet still not a better defender than Justin? 

Also if you’re instructed as a right back to not bomb on that’s what you’ll do. It’s absolutely nothing to do with anything you’ve stated here lol 

I’m sorry it’s too simple for you to understand..

5 hours ago, Kierzz said:

Last time Ricardo played as a proper full back / wing back for us (not inverted) his defensive work was very underrated. I think he was better defensively than Justin, plus you have the huge advantage of how good he is technically on the ball and at attacking.

I still think it's madness not to be playing Ricardo who has been our best player for the last 5 seasons.

Im only explaining Coopers logic, not my personal preference…

3 hours ago, jerry said:

here's another bringing up the forest link, and yet again we only hear anything about the forest link from people trying to defend cooper. enough of this, there's plenty of valid points made either side of the argument so stick to them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kierzz said:

Last time Ricardo played as a proper full back / wing back for us (not inverted) his defensive work was very underrated. I think he was better defensively than Justin, plus you have the huge advantage of how good he is technically on the ball and at attacking.

I still think it's madness not to be playing Ricardo who has been our best player for the last 5 seasons.

This is only one of the reasons why Steve cooper should be sacked not in 10 games but now. Every day he is in charge is a day wasted. Don’t hate cooper, he can not believe his luck, well played him. 

Currently I hate the owners and the board! Madness 

12 hours ago, MPH said:

I’m sorry it’s too simple for you to understand..

lol 

If there’s anyone that doesn’t understand, it’s not me. You contradict your own points because there’s little if anything that Justin has better in attributes over Ricardo. 

Surely he is going to have to play him at some point? It's a bit like the reverse of last season where JJ didn't get a look in at all under Enzo and then gradually he worked his way back and for a while was 1st choice over Doyke.  JJ and Riccy both have fitness concerns, and JJ and Vik can't play every game. 

Ideally, we would see the rotation in motion right now in an attempt to prevent injury, but Cooper currently seems hell bent on playing JJ all the time. I fear, any game now, we are going to see that image of JJ sitting on the turf holding his leg in agony. Then we will be in the position where Riccy will have to play every game.

I do find the situation weird and can't help thinking something else is going on. I am prepared to accept the Riccy isn't the player he was, but the same is the case with JJ and both need their minutes managed.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert said:

lol 

If there’s anyone that doesn’t understand, it’s not me. You contradict your own points because there’s little if anything that Justin has better in attributes over Ricardo. 

Cooper sees  he is stronger and better defensively . That’s it. But for whatever reason that’s what coopers wants in his team. It’s really that simple. 

There is no other explanation as to why he is playing.

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Cooper sees  he is stronger and better defensively . That’s it. But for whatever reason that’s what coopers wants in his team. It’s really that simple. 

There is no other explanation as to why he is playing.

Yeah, but he’s not. Thats just plain to see. 

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yeah, but he’s not. Thats just plain to see. 

a lot of goals have come down his side.  That might in part be to do with  coopers style- he doesn’t seem to be getting ride sided players tracking back as much as much as Maresca  did.. Justin isn’t getting much cover. Add someone in there who bombs forward as much as Ricardo does and having no cover it could be an even worse situation.

I’d prefer Ricardo playing as a wing back with 3 CBs and not play 2 DMs sitting in front of the defense..