Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alfox13

Ricardo mystery

Ricardo isn’t going to play as an out and out right back again in his career (for an extended period). Body can’t handle it. It’s no coincidence he went a year without notable injury layoff when moved into midfield.

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Ricardo isn’t going to play as an out and out right back again in his career (for an extended period). Body can’t handle it. It’s no coincidence he went a year without notable injury layoff when moved into midfield.

you've got no idea what his body can and can't do

5 minutes ago, guest123 said:

you've got no idea what his body can and can't do

I can see his injury record and how in changed when he changed position, despite being in a more physical league albeit one in which dominated the ball in most games, where his role reduced the distance covered vs him as a marauding right back, and reduced need for big recovery challenges or 50:50s. 

that was the most minutes he played since his early 20s and came through it largely unscathed, I recall one multi game injury layoff, but my memory isn’t what it once was. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Don't disagree, but given that JJ isn't playing as a RB that is instructed to go up and down all the time (in contrast to VK) then why can't Ricardo play there? 

It seems to me that (rightly or wrongly) Cooper likes us to shift to 3 CB when in possession, and JJ is preferred as a 3rd CB to Ricardo 

I think it’s pretty obvious, really. He’s more attack minded and less defensive minded than Justin. Copper thinks the only way to stay up is with a solid back line. 

hes a better passer of the ball,  better at overlapping better at creating chances but cooper doesn’t want that from an RB. Justin is limited but he’s stronger and more defensive minded..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, MPH said:

I think it’s pretty obvious, really. He’s more attack minded and less defensive minded than Justin. Copper thinks the only way to stay up is with a solid back line. 

hes a better passer of the ball,  better at overlapping better at creating chances but cooper doesn’t want that from an RB. Justin is limited but he’s stronger and more defensive minded..

I think its because he is too small and Cooper wants a team of big fast players.

20 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

What where there’s more running to do? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, MPH said:

Yet still not a better defender than Justin? 

Also if you’re instructed as a right back to not bomb on that’s what you’ll do. It’s absolutely nothing to do with anything you’ve stated here lol 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

:nigel:

Simple. Cooper wanted to be physical, structured and combative early on and so went with that. he will evolve as the team gels and the seasin develops.

on paper i dont think theres anything wrong with Coopers approach. If he plays Ricardo, Buona, Mavi, Fatawu and Bilal and loses - he gets accused of not being pragmatic enough. 

we arent in rellie zone. if we win 2 of next 3 then everyone will be saying we are going in the right direction.

• Like 1