Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alfox13

Ricardo mystery

36 minutes ago, guest123 said:

Ok, as you’re so determined to take rudkin’s and cooper’s Bobby munk, ricardo’s shit and best ever decision to not play him because of an injury 3 years back. Bravo cuck 

Can you read? Someone said he'd been our best player for the last 5 years, that's clearly not bloody true is it. 

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can you read? Someone said he'd been our best player for the last 5 years, that's clearly not bloody true is it. 

i can read thank you very much, which hasn't been the greatest of pleasures reading some of your posts over the season to be honest. there's plenty of conjecture in the original post. he could have been the best player in the squad despite being injured. if messi was injured now for the season, he'd still be the best ever player in the history of inter miami.

1 minute ago, guest123 said:

i can read thank you very much, which hasn't been the greatest of pleasures reading some of your posts over the season to be honest. there's plenty of conjecture in the original post. he could have been the best player in the squad despite being injured. if messi was injured now for the season, he'd still be the best ever player in the history of inter miami.

You should probably do so a bit more then.

He's never got back to the levels he showed when he probably was our best player about 5 years ago. It proved to be a career altering injury, he'd have gone for £40-£60m before now if it wasn't. Other than at a lower level has he's clearly not been anything close to being our "best player". Try and twist it however you want. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

In his previous three premier league seasons, he managed to start what I think was a grand total of 17 games (or around that). 

22/23: 453 minutes | *Whoscored Ranking: 23rd

21/22: 994 minutes | *Whoscored Ranking: 5th

20/21: 959 minutes | *Whoscored Ranking: 15th (Justin was 4th)

Ricardo hasn't been the same player since 19/20, he was one of the best players in the league then. Sensational. I'm more than happy for people to want to see him play, but building him up like he's been anything close to the player pre injury is frankly just ignoring what's been in front of us. And I fail to see have someone making 5 starts a season on average could even come into the conversation about being our best player. 

*I don't rate who scored, but in the absence of any want or time to search out a million metrics, I've just used it here as an example. 

But surely after proving his fitness over a full season last year and being possibly our best player (or definitely in the top 3 or 5) you would give him the opportunity to start the season at full back? Those metrics appear to mainly apply to seasons where he has had recurring injuries.

Appreciate he was inverted so covered less metres but this also allowed him to grow the technical and tactical side of his game. At times in games this season we have desperately needed players better at progressing the ball out of def nice and holding possession.

I heard Stowell on the radio a little while ago at the start of this season. He described Ricardo as "the Rolls Royce in the side" and that he is at his best as an attacking fullback and couldn't understand Cooper's selection policy. That shows how well thought of he even was in the previous background staff.

Justin has been bang average this year and we haven’t won a game. Just play Ricardo, he was better than Justin last year, still will be. Not sure why there is even a discussion. Seem some old boys complaining about negativity. Wake up,  we we not little old Leicester anymore it ok to want to progress. 

Absolutely stupid question from whoever in the press conference asked "has Vardy still got his appetite?" Cooper all to eager to answer the question we all know the answer to - might as well have asked "will the sun rise tomorrow?" 

Why not ask about Ricardo instead? Has he got his appetite? Yes, he has too I'm sure but at least it will have forced Steve into elaborating on his thought process and thoughts for the future.