Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes Trust Reform

Foxes Trust - Special General Meeting request

Really hope this does bring a positive change for the fan base, and the trust is able to start hassling the club more for positive outcomes.

However, do think it is important for us to be mindful if there are any changes in terms of positive outcomes from the club if there is a change at the trust. 

4 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

In fairness, the match report did say:

The views expressed in this report are the opinions of the Trust member nominated to file the report only and do not represent the views of the Foxes Trust organisation

They're not speaking for the organisation, any more than any of us here are speaking on behalf of anyone.

<<< Edited to say:   I did a match report for the Foxes Trust many years ago.   And it really was just my bizarre rantings about the match, and the fun I'd had getting to the match.   I seriously wasn't representing the views of the Foxes Trust!   >>>

Yeah, but the poster was taking issue specifically with this Colin Hunt chap's opinion

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

In fairness, the match report did say:

The views expressed in this report are the opinions of the Trust member nominated to file the report only and do not represent the views of the Foxes Trust organisation

They're not speaking for the organisation, any more than any of us here are speaking on behalf of anyone.

<<< Edited to say:   I did a match report for the Foxes Trust many years ago.   And it really was just my bizarre rantings about the match, and the fun I'd had getting to the match.   I seriously wasn't representing the views of the Foxes Trust!   >>>

Ha, I’m glad you had a lot more fun than the person who wrote the latest report! lol

I had noticed that disclaimer (admittedly misread it to say that a board member wrote the report, which isn’t the case, as confirmed by the author on Twitter); however, there has to be some sort of an editorial process here. This isn’t the first time someone has used a match report to try to bitterly settle some scores with other supporters in a match report and it’s embarrassing that the Trust would allow that. 

Edited by The_77
Changed “the match report” to “a match report”

5 hours ago, Bilo said:

I'm at the point where I see @Union FS as a more legitimate voice of the fans than the Foxes Trust, so anything to give the latter a much-needed kick up the arse can only be welcomed.

It's been that way for years as well I would say, and broadly speaking it seems like the overall mindset within the Trust needs to change, which means new people coming in who have fresh impetus. That's not to say the Trust haven't improved recently but feel like that's more because of external criticism.

• Like 3

Worth noting that the Trust has previously shared a challenge around getting people to volunteer time to its cause. Using time volunteered to write match reports - especially those that are critical of other sections of the fan base - doesn’t feel like the smartest use of that limited resource.

People want a Trust that represents them on key issues, not one that publishes divisive match reports.

Another reason reform is needed.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Foxes Trust Reform said:

Worth noting that the Trust has previously shared a challenge around getting people to volunteer time to its cause. Using time volunteered to write match reports - especially those that are critical of other sections of the fan base - doesn’t feel like the smartest use of that limited resource.

People want a Trust that represents them on key issues, not one that publishes divisive match reports.

Another reason reform is needed.

Some of our members only want to give their time to write match reports.

In the latest members e-newsletter we asked if any members wanted to join the match reporting team, particularly with  the membership growth and given the amount of discussions about each game on this forum are surprised no one new has offered to give it a go

16 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

In the latest members e-newsletter we asked if any members wanted to join the match reporting team, particularly with  the membership growth and given the amount of discussions about each game on this forum are surprised no one new has offered to give it a go

Anything about the massive elephant in the room here? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Does the Trust blindly publish whatever views a disgruntled member wants to get off his chest or is there any sort of oversight into what gets published?

The latest match report is a horrible look for the current Trust, no matter what the disclaimer says. 

• Like 3