Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Spiders

Just a heads up and a warning to the members amongst us that have arachnophobia, “It’s that time of year again”! 

The bloody eight legged freaks are out and about.

I was playing Fortnite earlier, lying on the floor in my lounge, lights off and a small sized Tarantula casually walked across my hand.

I screamed. I have a genuine fear of them, a once bitten, twice shy reaction! 

Anyway, long story short, be vigilant as they’re out to get you! :ph34r:

Step on them you softies. You're like 800000x times their size. Are they going to swallow you whole or something?  Lol

Jokes aside I know people genuinely are scared of them like my daughter who freaks out. Daddddddy come kill the spider as she screams in a manner that pierces your soul lol.

I have a love hate relationship with them. They kill other spiders and flies but I get annoyed seeing them if they are in my line if sight. If so, they get crushed.

Over here we get those 100 legged ones that sprint faster than Usain bolt . I love killing those cvnts!

Edited by Jattdogg

We have no kitchen ceiling at the moment due to ongoing works and theres going to be all sorts in and out of the areas around the joists.

Theres me frying burgers and screaming like a little girl when a massive f.cker abseils down next to me.

We get loads in our house (and outside on the windows including egg sacs). I do not know where they come from or why they like us.

Had a smallish one run down my arm in bed the other night, and whilst I admit to leaping up pretty much instantaneously, then locating and squashing it, felt surprisingly zen about the whole thing. I think my brain was going 'well there WAS a goddamn spider in my bed, it's now been crushed into its component atoms and what's the chances of there being two in there?

57 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I love them. 

Me too. Fascinating creatures. The webs can be annoying but that's the only drawback AFAIC. We seem to have loads around and about the house/conservatory/garden this year. Even in the car. 

The other day I watched a house spider run out on a strand of web and take a fly that was caught in it, still alive, and pull it back to it's "lair" and tuck it away for later.

Fortunately for us in the UK they are harmless and I would never kill one. They serve a very useful purpose and we can co-exist pretty successfully.

I'm not sure I'd be so welcoming if I lived in Oz or other places where they have venomous arachnoids.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

Me too. Fascinating creatures. The webs can be annoying but that's the only drawback AFAIC. We seem to have loads around and about the house/conservatory/garden this year. Even in the car. 

The other day I watched a house spider run out on a strand of web and take a fly that was caught in it, still alive, and pull it back to it's "lair" and tuck it away for later.

Fortunately for us in the UK they are harmless and I would never kill one. They serve a very useful purpose and we can co-exist pretty successfully.

I'm not sure I'd be so welcoming if I lived in Oz or other places where they have venomous arachnoids.

You say they’re harmless Para lol. I got bitten by a relatively small one when I was around 10 and had some sort of weird reaction. I ended up at the LRI as half my head had swollen up. 

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

*waits for Australians to enter chat and laugh

100% the reason I will never go to Australia. Who lives in a land where so much stuff can bite you and have random Kangaroos going around flexing? 

7 hours ago, Parafox said:

We have a massive disconnect between “us” and “them” when it comes to wildlife. The world around us is alien - most people can’t even identify common trees, plants or basic animals. 
Being scared of flying insects, spiders, bats etc. is absolutely ridiculous and a learned behaviour and is probably a partial cause of the general wildlife decline we’re experiencing. The latest butterfly count has just been released and the results are not good. 

I am the official spider catcher of the house when the kids and Mrs will all of a sudden realise my use!

paper under the spider, cup ontop and then run around the screaming family with it until i chuck the fecker out!!

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

We get plenty of them scrawny spiders, I'm guessing from our cellar, but I was reading on Reddit and apparently they kill house spiders??

Yes those scrawny "daddy long legs" spiders are great for pest control they will kill anything, they love a big juicy house spider plus the bonus is they don't really move just sit in the corners or out of the way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jgtuk said:

We have a massive disconnect between “us” and “them” when it comes to wildlife. The world around us is alien - most people can’t even identify common trees, plants or basic animals. 
Being scared of flying insects, spiders, bats etc. is absolutely ridiculous and a learned behaviour and is probably a partial cause of the general wildlife decline we’re experiencing. The latest butterfly count has just been released and the results are not good. 

Weeping willow, poison ivy, coows.

What do i win?

975074-cool-countryside-wallpaper-1920x1200-laptop.jpg

• Haha 1