Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Spiders

I know it is illogical, but I really can't stand them.  My partner is scared stiff of them, so I have to deal.  Spotted this monster in the spare bedroom the other week and had to enlist the services of Hetty hoover.  Someone will no doubt say  it's cruel to hoover them up, but since they move like lightening I am not chancing swinging my boot at it and missing. 

spider.jpg

5 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

I know it is illogical, but I really can't stand them.  My partner is scared stiff of them, so I have to deal.  Spotted this monster in the spare bedroom the other week and had to enlist the services of Hetty hoover.  Someone will no doubt say  it's cruel to hoover them up, but since they move like lightening I am not chancing swinging my boot at it and missing. 

spider.jpg

What happens when it crawls back out the hover at night 

• Like 1

I guess I'm in a minority - I've even apologised to them.

We had a spider that kept building a web next our back door and I kept accidently walking into it. Each time I would mutter, 'Sorry mate'.

I think it's because I've watched them building a Web and find it fascinating.

I might think differently if I was a fly however......

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I guess I'm in a minority - I've even apologised to them.

We had a spider that kept building a web next our back door and I kept accidently walking into it. Each time I would mutter, 'Sorry mate'.

I think it's because I've watched them building a Web and find it fascinating.

I might think differently if I was a fly however......

I move spiders to suitable places, they gotta live somewhere. 
I’ve done a few spider surveys, they really are fascinating, especially at a macro level. 

I've caught the same fvcker three times in the same spot in the house having twice evicted it via the glass / paper technique. 

Thing was so big I was tempted to ask it for a few quid towards the leccy.  

Last year I woke up feeling something tickly in the middle of the night. Thinking it was the mrs getting the naughty feather out again, I got excited and turned on the lamp only to be slightly perturbed to find A FVCKING MASSIVE SPIDER INSIDE MY BED UNDER THE COVERS CRAWLING ON MY SKIN. 

I leave them alone generally provided they're not trying to violate me.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just because they're less dangerous than other countries doesn't mean people shouldn't be scared of them.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

But my fear has nothing to do with spiders across the world. 

So just cos I'm in UK doesn't mean there can be no fear... 

Yeah, fears are often irrational, that doesn't mean they're not legit.

Have we really got this far in without mentioning this guy?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-37481251.amp

My niece went to live in Australia for a few months recently and I wanted her to ask if this is constantly at the back of the mind of all Australians; I mean, I think about it a fair bit and I don't even live there. Naturally I forgot, so I'm none the wiser, but she did say on her return that she didn't see a single spider in all the time she was there

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

spider.jpg

That's a stunner - excuse the picture quality because this is from over a decade ago in my uni house in Leeds, looks at this lad on the left, The Whopper of West Yorks I called it

20240918_140646.jpg

• Sad 1