Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Spiders

18 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Can't get behind the "they kill other spiders and insects" argument.

I mean, keeping a grizzly bear in my garden would stop cats from shitting there but the cure is worse than the disease.

Apart from the fact that neither one are native and part of the food chain here. 

Plus, I love being around a diverse demographic, humans included. 

I had a dream a few years ago that I was being attacked by spiders and bitten... strange as I'm not really too bothered about them.

When I woke up I had around six or seven decent sized spiders squashed on my chest which I'd done with my hands when I looked at my palms.

Sleep tight peeps.

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

I mean, keeping a grizzly bear in my garden would stop cats from shitting there but the cure is worse than the disease.

I don't think British spiders quite pose the same threat to you than a ****ing bear in your garden would tbh

• Haha 2

There was a spider actually in the bedroom of our house last night and I could hear my missus screaming when I was downstairs.  I go running up and shes screaming at me "get it out, please get it out!!"   So as I'm sat there taking my jeans and pants off I'm wondering to myself what it is about spiders that makes her so horny!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

There was a spider actually in the bedroom of our house last night and I could hear my missus screaming when I was downstairs.  I go running up and shes screaming at me "get it out, please get it out!!"   So as I'm sat there taking my jeans and pants off I'm wondering to myself what it is about spiders that makes her so horny!

Feature: Paddy McGuinness talks Phoenix Nights to playing Harrogate's Royal  Hall

- MTWG 

- Paddy McGuiness

2 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

I'd love it if my neighbour's cats encountered a grizzly in my garden!

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That's a stunner - excuse the picture quality because this is from over a decade ago in my uni house in Leeds, looks at this lad on the left, The Whopper of West Yorks I called it

20240918_140646.jpg

This is why they need Spider swats instead of fly swats. Just swat the cvnt and it's guts all over that wall, call it art.

3 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Given the skunks, racoons, squirels,  rabbits, chipmunks and other bastards that shit or rip up my back garden I think I'd rather deal with them then a giant fukin canadian grizzly bear that we have over here lol.

Although, after watching some YouTube videos boxing/wrestling with a grizzly seems like a manly thing to do lol

Edited by Jattdogg

Is it more cruel to kill a spider or throw it out the window where there are predators like lions and bears and snakes(but mostly birds and cats)?

What if they have babies back at the nest, can they find their way back into their nest from outside?

I suppose stamping or swatting would be instant and painless whereas a flush down the toilet would be stressful???

9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Without spiders, imagine all the flies constantly buzzing round you.

You're welcome.

We bought a pitcher plant in the summer as we were plagued with flies in the conservatory. Not a single fly has been trapped in the thing. We've had to resort to feeding it the flies that died from the heat and came to rest on the floor and windowsills.

Spider webs have had more success.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Lived in Melbourne Australia for 3yrs and these fekin things were running around all over the place. And yes, they are as big as your hand.  Sleep well tonight folks...

Australian Man Explains Why He Let A Spider The Size Of His Face Live In  His House For A Year | IFLScience

11 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Did it pay any board?

He had to pay board to the Spider.

Years ago when i was a dope smoking student in the 90s a mate dropped a lump of the finest hash you could get whilst he was rolling a phat one (is that still a thing) he leaned forward out of his chair to pick it up and the lump of Afghanistans finest started running off. He then proceeded to try and pick it up several times without success before realising it wasnt a lump of Kabul kush but a massive spider and screaming like a pre pubescent child after meeting Jimmy saville at the beeb..... Oh how we laughed