Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PaulinOx

The EFL can do one…

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not a surprise 

we can’t have it both ways 

Guess we reckon we have a better chance of promotion with an efl points sanction that we do staying up with a PL one 

mr di Marco will be the only certain winner 

Not sure how they can plump for the £83m losses though vs £105m. Not sure what their thresholds are when it comes to points per amount over the maximum losses.

“You can’t have clubs going up and down, and getting away with breaches scot-free on the grounds they’ve changed divisions,” an EFL source told the Guardian. “It’s ridiculous. Promotion and relegation is a fairly well established concept.”

Do the rules state that mate?

• Like 1

“You can’t have clubs going up and down, and getting away with breaches scot-free on the grounds they’ve changed divisions,” 

What business can cope with the loss of over £100-million revenue overnight?  Basically you have four months at most to re-gear the finances- basically selling everything thats not tied down. And that’s sustainability? 

All you can do is get to the PL and make no effort to stay there - as we saw lsstcseason 

• Like 1

Don't have a problem if it happens. It was them and the PL not working together that allowed an escape before. Football is loophole central currently with clubs trying different means of circumventing punishment. We were always going to argue against as any club would.

32 minutes ago, Nalis said:

They've got about as much authority over us as the Fijian Ice Hockey board

The EFL rules are better drafted than the PL ones 

the EFL can charge PL clubs with punishments, unlike the PL’s inability to charge EFL clubs 

we’ve successfully proven that we were an EFL club not a PL club. Therefore EFL can and probably will charge us. 

the only thing that’s uncertain is what thresholds will apply to us and when the punishment will apply (the EFL cannot apply a punishment whilst we’re in the PL) 

• Like 1

It always amazes me how if I tell anyone who supports a Barnsley or Burnley (or that kind of EFL fodder) that I support Leicester they always bringing up 2002/03 administration or even the Pearson promotion season where we were close to breaking rules. 

It feels like there's this sense that we are always "cheating" and they're all obsessed with it. Rather than looking at the bigger picture of what these rules actually represent. 

I also think that the initial period of being pleased for us winning the Premier League soon turned into absolute jealousy from fans of clubs our size. We are definitely more hated than we were. I haven't seen it said much but I think the Forest and especially Coventry rivalries have become much bigger as a result of that. Not a chance Coventry sells out against us before all the success we have had.