Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PaulinOx

The EFL can do one…

I don't think this is even news, they'll rightly batter us if we go down. If we manage to stabalise in the Prem, we'll agree another deal for a few million to call it off. If we go down, take a look at Stoke and Birmingham, that's our future

On 18/09/2024 at 18:23, PaulinOx said:

They don't hate us we are a money draw for them as a club that gets a huge (for the championship) commercial draw so they want to keep us there as long as possible.

That being said after us already beating them in court twice do they really want a third go just so we can beat them again?

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sheffield United were deducted two points for defaulting on payments to other clubs during the 2022–23 and 2023–24 seasons, with a further two points suspended.

Genuine question how is defaulting in payments, which is likely caused by genuine financial mismanagement and the club being in a poor financial state less of a punishment than a slight overspend on allowed losses but the club still being in a good financial state?

10 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Genuine question how is defaulting in payments, which is likely caused by genuine financial mismanagement and the club being in a poor financial state less of a punishment than a slight overspend on allowed losses but the club still being in a good financial state?

Eh??? In a good financial state? lol

If I ever start a company I want you to be one of my shareholders. If losses of 200 odd million ever 2/3 years is a good financial state then my heads gone lol

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Eh??? In a good financial state? lol

If I ever start a company I want you to be one of my shareholders. If losses of 200 odd million ever 2/3 years is a good financial state then my heads gone lol

By good I mean stable we have lost that money because we have had owners willing to invest and keep investing it the club isn't short of money if it was we wouldn't have been able to spend what we have on players the last couple of years.

Defaulting on payments means you are in that bad a state you can't afford to pay how is that not worse?

Neither is good but surely defaulting on payments is 10x worse especially as it effects other clubs as well

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

By good I mean stable we have lost that money because we have had owners willing to invest and keep investing it the club isn't short of money if it was we wouldn't have been able to spend what we have on players the last couple of years.

Defaulting on payments means you are in that bad a state you can't afford to pay how is that not worse?

Neither is good but surely defaulting on payments is 10x worse especially as it effects other clubs as well

Yeah I agree with you on that. I just couldn't let it slide that you said we're in good financial footing :D

It's a reflection on the greed of football that the talk of finances in the game is as popular as talking about the actual game we all fell in love with. 

Rather than making up arbitrary rules for clubs to follow, the leagues should focus more energy on making owners accountable for any money spent over budget.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

I mean, that would be like delaying Everton's first PSR punishment so long, some other club got relegated instead of them ... oh wait.

In fairness to the Premier League they did introduce a fast track ruling to try and get these things done quicker.

... But then immediately tried to use it on us when we were outside of their jurisdiction AND when the rule didn't apply to us because it wasn't in place when we were alleged to have broken their rules.

They really have ****ed this one up beyond belief haven't they?

• Like 1