Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Match thread - LCFC v Everton

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

As long as Cooper's here I think Ricky's a sub. Justin would have to get injured to be left out under this guy. And Fatawu probably didn't do enough with his chance in the first few games to justify an extended run.

If we win, it justifies the selection. Lose to this pile of crap and he's under huge pressure.

Yep, let's see how this team performs before having our habitual meltdown. A bit of a gamble to introduce El Khannouss now, but maybe he's impressed in training. I'd have stuck with Buonanotte and then try El K as a sub if needed.

2 minutes ago, Turtle27 said:

Is young playing left back? If so would have loved to see Fatawu against him 

It would make more sense to have Fatawu attacking him straight away as Young is more likely to make a rash challenge on him. Ayew will just turn back and fall over to win a free kick that we will waste. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Skipp is a strange decision, and I simply will not speak on Ricardo's treatment at the hands of this man anymore because it makes me very cross.

We have to win today, don't let us down pragmatic steve 

Trouble is, Ricci was poor in pre season. If he's not showing more than that in training, then he's not the player we're all remembering.

20 minutes ago, kingpower said:

Ashley Young is their LB. Crying out for Fatawu running at him 

Fatawu against a tired Ashley Young I'm guessing is the plan. 

Much rather have him on from the start with Stephy on the opposite side, but Cooper for some reason is against that, and it seems he'd much rather play Ayew looking for free kicks. Dropping Skippy is a strange one as well, against Everton I'd drop Ndidi for him and allow Bilal to maraud forward and create something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Trouble is, Ricci was poor in pre season. If he's not showing more than that in training, then he's not the player we're all remembering.

They were all crap in pre season so I'm not having that as a reason tbqh 

Just now, Guppys Love Child said:

Fatawu against a tired Ashley Young I'm guessing is the plan. 

Much rather have him on from the start with Stephy on the opposite side, but Cooper for some reason is against that, and it seems he'd much rather play Ayew looking for free kicks. Dropping Skippy is a strange one as well, against Everton I'd drop Ndidi for him and allow Bilal to maraud forward and create something.

Can’t really drop Ndidi after last week though 

• Like 1

I think the strangest thing about Ayew and Justin starting is that Ayew AND Justin are starting.

Surely if you have a more defensive forward like Ayew, you can afford to have a more attacking FB, or vice versa. If you have a defensive FB like JJ, a more attacking threat like Fatawu makes sense. 

Having both defensive options start against Everton seems unnecessary. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

They were all crap in pre season so I'm not having that as a reason tbqh 

See this all the time, but why would Cooper not start Ricardo if he is able and performs well in training? 

Feels like no reasons have been provided beyond "Well Cooper is a knob, so...."

:dunno:

Just now, winteriscoming said:

Ayew and El kanouss. 

Ayew has looked better than Fatawu thus far

El Kanouss don`t know, but he is ours so would prefer him to start, but agree that Bounanotte  has done very little wrong

Just hope this is a more attacking tactics/display

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ayew has looked better than Fatawu thus far

El Kanouss don`t know, but he is ours so would prefer him to start, but agree that Bounanotte  has done very little wrong

Just hope this is a more attacking tactics/display

Just seems being a bit defensive with starting Ayew. 

This is going to come down to Cooper and whether he can take the handbrake off and be brave. On paper our team is miles better than theirs, I genuinely wouldn't take any of their starting 11 in ours but we all know the game isn't played on paper, and Cooper needs to set us up to win and go for them from the off! 

Edited by jayfox26