Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Everton - Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Absolutely. Tactically I thought we looked terrible - like we hadn’t got a clue what to do with the ball. Both on and off the ball we don’t look we employ coaches

This is the problem.  Even under Rogers you could see what they were trying to do although it was ultra-defensive sideways passing but today there just didn’t seem to be any strategy or tactics whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Or I'm just more realistic about where the club is at than you. We're playing for 17th this year and based on the squad we've got that would be a good result. Of course the football isn't great but before a ball was kicked this season I was expecting some big defeats early on so I'm pleased that we've been competitive in all the games 

If we are to finish 17th are Everton not one of the three we need to be above? If so probably need to beat them at home off the back of all losses for them

• Like 1

Awful. 

If anyone is going to defend that, I assume you got struck by lightning today. 

I never want a manager to fail but what can anyone take from the first 5 games to think we will be a success this season?

The tactics are shocking. The personnel isn't correct. In game management is poor. 

Today was crying out for Fatawu AND Mavididi, particularly towards the end. But no, like for like changes. 

Hes walking a thin line already. I really hope he can turn it around. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Our opportunity to get Corberan came and went in the summer. He’ll be managing in the PL next year, but not with us.

The one thing that may keep Cooper here a long time is we have no obvious candidates (who'd want to come here).

1 minute ago, broadstone fox said:

Makes me laugh. Everyone slagging off winks saying poor signing. Now its we missed him in midfield

Winks is a solid signing. Perhaps paid more for him than we should but will do a job for us this season

He will return next week against them plastics at north london im sure

Do you mean Skipp? (All these Tottenham lads look the same)

edit . Saw you realised. :)

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 minute ago, broadstone fox said:

Makes me laugh. Everyone slagging off winks saying poor signing. Now its we missed him in midfield

Winks is a solid signing. Perhaps paid more for him than we should but will do a job for us this season

He will return next week against them plastics at north london im sure

Winks played the whole game ? Do you mean Skipp lol  maybe they looked the same from your seat in the stands

3 minutes ago, LCFCCKEANO said:

If we are to finish 17th are Everton not one of the three we need to be above? If so probably need to beat them at home off the back of all losses for them

Yeah, a win would have been good. They would be thinking the same thing as well. Draw isn't the end of the world 

Just now, MancFox24 said:

Yeah, a win would have been good. They would be thinking the same thing as well. Draw isn't the end of the world 

Has put a lot of pressure on the game at their place later this year, don’t necessarily hate what you’re saying, I just don’t know that I have any faith in us to go and beat them later this year when they have their classic Dyche bounce

10 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Or I'm just more realistic about where the club is at than you. We're playing for 17th this year and based on the squad we've got that would be a good result. Of course the football isn't great but before a ball was kicked this season I was expecting some big defeats early on so I'm pleased that we've been competitive in all the games 

Do you think we've been competitive because of Cooper or in spite of Cooper though?

4 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

This is the problem.  Even under Rogers you could see what they were trying to do although it was ultra-defensive sideways passing but today there just didn’t seem to be any strategy or tactics whatsoever.

It’s Sunday league isn’t it? I’m sure most of us have played and had the team talks that consist of:

win the first ball

be first to the loose ball

make sure you get a challenge in

lets get into them

release it to X early

play the channels 

don’t leave anything out there

show for each other

etc etc etc

Not a tactic in sight, just basic football … and frighteningly I can’t imagine much else was said by SC today

7 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

You're right that we have been competitive, at least in terms of scorelines, but there are two ways of looking at this.  You could see it as a positive and that Cooper is managing to get a tune out of this squad, or you could see it shows that the squad is probably good enough to stay up and capable of more but is being held back by Cooper's negative team selections and tactics.

54 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

He has to be gone after that has to be.

This club needs rid of the happy clapper fan base 

The board need changes 

The manager needs to be sacked straight away.

Inexcusable that is.

****ing joke of a club

Not sure how the club go about sacking the fan base tbh. 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Not sure how the club go about sacking the fan base tbh. 😂

Assumed it (the post you were responding too) was a post match disappointment post. lol

At least I hope so!!

Edited by Dahnsouff

8 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Do you think we've been competitive because of Cooper or in spite of Cooper though?

Honestly, I think any manager whose newly promoted side looks competitive deserves plenty of credit. But his decision-making (e.g. excluding Facundo and Skipp today, and the late timing of the changes) isn't always helping us to turn that competitiveness into results.

• Like 1