Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Everton - Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Guessing you didn't watch West Ham earlier? They have as good a squad as us if not better and a new manager and were horrific....perhaps watch United who have spent a small fortune assembling a squad and tell me their manager is doing better

I didn’t see the West Ham game, no

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

He played Khanous instead of Skipp and that was the worst we've played this season.

2 poor teams  I'm afraid. 

Bloke can't win before the game most were saying if he plays 3 dm I will kill myself etc etc he drops Skipp to play Khanouss and gets slaughtered for it ......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tickler28 said:

We are mediocrity though? We're a newly promoted side and have sold last seasons player of the year and scraped around for new recruits in the bargain basement....what exactly were you expecting?

Nail, meet head. But nobody here wants to hear it. 17th would be an impressive achievement, there is a reason we are still one of the favourites to go down, bookies have us going down as more likely than the likes of Ipswich even without a deduction. 

The gap between the leagues is bigger than ever, and the chances are we will not be able to bridge the gap, as none of the promoted clubs managed last season. 

• Like 2

Evening all.

Didn't see any of the game as I was at a wedding. I see that Bilal started the game but was taken off a few minutes into the second half, what was the issue? Injured, playing badly, or just a really poor substitution?

Cheers

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Evening all.

Didn't see any of the game as I was at a wedding. I see that Bilal started the game but was taken off a few minutes into the second half, what was the issue? Injured, playing badly, or just a really poor substitution?

Cheers

Shite, looked like a little kid against men.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Evening all.

Cheers

Played poorly, he’s gonna need a while to get up to speed I reckon. Weeks if not a few months.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Nail, meet head. But nobody here wants to hear it. 17th would be an impressive achievement, there is a reason we are still one of the favourites to go down, bookies have us going down as more likely than the likes of Ipswich even without a deduction. 

The gap between the leagues is bigger than ever, and the chances are we will not be able to bridge the gap, as none of the promoted clubs managed last season. 

This argument might ring true if we'd been in the Champs for a while.  We haven't.  We went down with a squad that had the 7th highest wage bill in the Prem. We also spent liberally in the championship and we have spent again this summer.  

This squad is more than strong enough to finish higher than 17th, without the points deduction.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

This argument might ring true if we'd been in the Champs for a while.  We haven't.  We went down with a squad that had the 7th highest wage bill in the Prem. We also spent liberally in the championship and we have spent again this summer.  

This squad is more than strong enough to finish higher than 17th, without the points deduction.

Spunking money on wages doesn’t make those players any good, they still got relegated.

Aging Vardy and oft crocked Ricardo aside we’ve lost every noteworthy talent from our squad over the last 5 years in the prem, some of them for free. It’s a long list over the last few years, either not replaced or replaced with mediocrity.

Edited by FoxesWalk

It wasn’t good was it, we huffed and puffed a bit and somehow came away with a point.

Like for like substitutes when it needed mixing up a bit more. We didn’t move it quick enough, the final ball w as either atrocious or just the wrong choice.

We were poor, they weren’t much better but are probably thinking they should have put us away. 

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Spunking money on wages doesn’t make those players any good, they still got relegated.

Aging Vardy and oft crocked Ricardo aside we’ve lost every noteworthy talent from our squad over the last 5 years in the prem. It’s a long list over the last few years, either not replaced or replaced with mediocrity.

I do agree on the salary thing tbf as it's not necessarily an indicator of quality but that aside I still think this squad has far more quality than we are seeing. 

The argument works both ways, so yeah we've lost good players but our recruitment has actually been pretty good I think. Even on a budget, I am thinking Mavs, Fats, Hermanson, Winks, Skipp, Okoli, Facundo - the jury is still probably out on anyone we signed this summer but I still think this is a squad who should not be that near the bottom three. 

• Like 1

Arsenal match next week will be a car crash. Expect a fully defensive lineup in some weird ****ing attempt to soak up the pressure and get a 0-0 draw, only to be 3-0 down by half time. If ever there was a game where you may aswell just try and score more than you concede this is it. We certainly won't be keeping a clean sheet.

11 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Not beating the teams around us at home is what sent us down last time and what’s happening again

Anyone not fuming after today needs to give their a head a wobble

I have to agree

How about playing 2 strikers what with ageing Vardy 

I expected a convincing win today ( really did ) keep optimism it’s still early days 

Cautious Cooper strikes again. Let’s not try to win a 6 pointer! Crying out to put Fatawu up against Young for 20mins, gives him 4 mins and takes off our most attacking threat in Mavididi. Absolutely baffling decision! Two poor sides in a game of two halves. If we had a brave manager, we would have more points. I was happy to give him a chance when we appointed him, but on the evidence so far, he is completely the wrong fit for the job. I hope he will prove me wrong, but I can’t see it. 

Mavididi impressed second half, thought Okoli and Faes did reasonably well managing Calvert-Lewin. How Ricardo still can’t get any minutes in the premier league is beyond me!

Awful, seen enough of the way he lets us up to know that we will are not going to be good enough this season.

The fact he will never play Mavididi and Fatawu in the same line up due to his obsession with using a full back as a winger is just stupid. Done with him he’s out of his depth. 

I didn't even turn on Rodger’s until Palace, this is far more obvious 

Edited by Levi Port

We were always likely to be in a relegation battle for most, if not all of the season. 

You only have to look at the other two teams that came up, both below us, to know the step up is still huge. 

I can't find anyone who thinks Cooper is making the right decisions though. 

He has a handful of games left before I believe it will be close to a 100% OUT, on here anyway. 

He has to someone how find some inner bravery and actually set us up to WIN games. 

I do believe we have a squad capable of finishing 15th-17th, but ONLY if we have a Manager that also believes that. 

• Like 1

Only one winner in that game today that was the bloody weather ruined it for both sides...neither side could get a stranglehold in the game due to the conditions. A draw probably a fair result in the end.  Ref again poor needlessly stopping play for no reason lino takes at least four minutes adjusting his mic and loads of subs made yet only 4 minutes added on.  Still will take a point.  Still top of the mini league of 6 at the bottom of the table that will do. 

• Like 1