Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Everton - Post Match Thread

Result bothered me less than the performance, big home game and we we start slow again, latergic and tepid.

He tactic of pushing Justin on on the right to become or RWer on the ball is madness bloke struggles to control a ball.

Subs were late, Fatawu should have even on with 20 minutes to go at least.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Other than the point we got today you mean? 

Ah, that's fine then, should be more than sufficient to keep us up.

If we can get a point at home to Ipswich & Southampton too then we'll be challenging for Europe.

• Haha 1

I defended the crystal palace performance but that wasn't great today especially the first half. 

Bilal had a lot of pressure to perform and sadly I think it was too much for him. Needs to be gradually introduced. Must have done well in training so that's promising. 

I actually think the team we fielded against palace wins that today. 

Skippy I thought was hard done by to be dropped after last week and it showed we didn't control the game at all. 

The double pivot with winks ndidi didn't work well today. Ndidi was much better further forward last week. 

We don't have the quality we did last time we were up. 

Every game is tough in the prem and both teams today were desperate. 

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Think today was probably the last straw for me. 

Ayew was absent all game, left on.

JJ was poor, left on.

Mavididi was excellent, taken off. 

Subs were too late to do anything. No real plan yet aga

The lack of plan is the issue I thought the same if his forest team in the premier league.

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Think today was probably the last straw for me. 

Ayew was absent all game, left on.

JJ was poor, left on.

Mavididi was excellent, taken off. 

Subs were too late to do anything. No real plan yet aga

Spot on. Imagine being 40 year old Young, looking up and your battles are against JJ and Ayew instead of Ricky and Abdul. Criminal.

• Like 1

Draws don't keep you up. Need to turn some in to victories. 

Really disappointing ambition to win the game. Good that we were able not to lose, but I feel like we've drawn through luck rather judgement. 

Just show some intent. Subs didn't try and win the game. 

I know we can't attract top managers but this is looking like a shocking  appointment.  Likely can't afford to sack him some I hope he finds the magic mushrooms, enjoys them and realizes we can play better tahnthe current dogshit we have seen.

Going to be a verrrrrry long season. So much shit around us as well.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2

Little too tentative and cautious again. 3 draws in 5 but we'd have been better off converting one to a win and one to a loss, feasible with a braver approach.

Thought Everton were the better side and largely won the duels all over the pitch. We came back into it but it was messy and incoherent.

Fortunately there are a handful of really poor teams this year again. Just got to be better than 3.

• Like 1

It is hard to be convinced by everything we've been served up so far. We were rubbish for alot of that game and there's definitely no obvious plan.

Ndidi very frustrating to watch today, he can get into good positions but little end product and often fluffs his lines with no decision making, there must be a better solution.

Subs too little to late and again cooper seems reluctant to make any real proactive changes. Thought I'd like cooper and was positive about the appointment  but very quickly looking like the writing is on the wall already 

Was it just me, or was Cooper actually deliberately timewasting bringing Fatawu on in the 91st minute for Mavididi? Happy with the point!

He really has to grow a pair as our manager, be a hell of a lot more positive, and appreciate that a point in these circumstances simply isn't good enough. 

Bournemouth at home better be 100% better than that.

• Thanks 1

Very disappointing performance. Thought there were some green shoots coming out of the Palace game but today was a backward step, no question. Only positive for me is that we still managed to get a point. Thought leaving Skipp out and moving Wilf back into his place disjointed everything. Onwards and upward, football can change in the blink of an eye.

29 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

He was crap. Compare his performance to DCL’s. Should have come off earlier 

He shouldn't be playing. He wasn't even a regular starter in the relegation season, wasnt first choice last season and now, at 38, he's starting..

I think Cooper is in awe of his rep. 

Vards should be on the bench and used as impact sub

• Like 2

I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt up until now. New manager, new signings, needing time to gel, but today really wasn't good enough. 

How can Ayew play 90 minutes and offer practically nothing, he doesn't even put in a shift. 

To only make 3 like for like changes when chasing a game home is pretty unforgivable. They were there for the taking in the second half, but at no point did we ever go for it. If we're not trying to win games at home against relegation rivals, then we're never going to stay up. 

With arsenal up next, it's going to be 3 points from 6 games. It should have been 5 from 5 today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Nail, meet head. But nobody here wants to hear it. 17th would be an impressive achievement, there is a reason we are still one of the favourites to go down, bookies have us going down as more likely than the likes of Ipswich even without a deduction. 

The gap between the leagues is bigger than ever, and the chances are we will not be able to bridge the gap, as none of the promoted clubs managed last season. 

Someone who speaks sense ..can't believe the mindless drivel I've read on here tonight. I'm usually one of the first people to call for the managers head when things aren't going well but you're not quite all there if you're calling for Coopers head this early on when we're in amongst 7 other clubs on the same or nearly the same points...just my opinion.

• Like 3