Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Everton - Post Match Thread

Just got back after being stuck getting out the car park and city centre for nearly 2 hours! Then had to drive through the most insane thunderstorms. Was like flashing every 3 seconds and flooding everywhere.

Was a really shit game we look awful and deffo going down. Ger the welshman out the club sharpish...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simonb said:

Has to be sacked 

Winks isn't good enough for the Premier league, play Skipp.

El Khannouss needs a few months, start Facundo

Abdul for ayew, Ayew to run the clock down at the end.

Riccy for JJ and made captain

Eduoard for Vardy with Jamie coming on for 20 to stretch defences

It ain't rocket science.

Hopefully we start with the following after the Arsenal game.. that's a 6-0 Arsenal whatever we do

Hermansen

Riccy

Okoli

Faes

VK

Skipp

Wilf

Buonanotte 

Mavididi

Eduoard 

Fatawu

Yep this is exactly what the team should be although I'm still thinking having Vestergaard playing could be beneficial as he's one of the only players in the squad capable of playing a forward pass 

• Like 1

Disastrous approach to the game, and yet I heard some fans nearby saying they’d have taken a point beforehand… 🤦🏼‍♂️ just about sums us up…

ayew was decent; however at home to a relegation rival, start two out and out wingers. Get a goal or two, bring on Ayew and see out the game.

again, ndidi was ok, but gets himself into great positions but doesn’t have the quality to do anything about it, play skipp! Ricardo thing is just bizarre..!

see ya Steve 👋🏼 

25 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yep this is exactly what the team should be although I'm still thinking having Vestergaard playing could be beneficial as he's one of the only players in the squad capable of playing a forward pass 

Somewhat agree, although he's just that little too slow for the prem for me 

I don’t think you can watch that first half and say the players were on board which is damning. Exactly the signs why the hands should be shaked and Cooper should be asking Stoke if they fancy him. 

We got a foot in the game cos Everton shit the bed. They went twenty yards deeper and exposed their full backs. 

we carried on insisting on Ayew who played so narrow and like the fat lad down 5 a side who will score a decent goal once in a blue mob but he ****ing 6/10 the rear of the time. 

Mavididi got that point IMO as much as anything 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

we carried on insisting on Ayew who played so narrow and like the fat lad down 5 a side who will score a decent goal once in a blue mob but he ****ing 6/10 the rear of the time.

In fairness to Ayew, that's on instruction.  The experiment of having VK play as the high fullback and having the left winger come inside to support the striker looks to have died a death and Cooper has decided to try it on the other side with JJ high up and Ayew coming inside.

One day, hopefully soon, Cooper will realise that this is a shit idea and drop it. Or alternatively but unlikely, he decides that if he wants to play an attacking fullback high up the pitch then it might be an idea to start Riccy.

Bit of a Championship game. There doesn't seem to be any sort of plan? At this level it really is bizarre.

Hermansen - best Leicester player at the club and was great again today. Would be surprised if he's here this time next year.

Defense - thought JJ was okay today actually, goal came from his side but Faes gets dragged massively out of position leaving a huge gap in the middle and also thought the winger on that side was Everton's best player, Faes could be so much better but he just makes poor decisions a lot, thought Okoli looked good and had a great presence and battle with DCL, Kristiansen meh he looks a bit headless sometimes. Would rather see Riccy on the right and JJ on the left with Faes and Okoli in the middle.

Midfield - not good at all, Ndidi the best of them but Winks was anonymous and El Khannouss looked lively but ultimately a bit clueless (probably more the managers fault ). Think the midfield offers very little protection to the back 4 and when on the ball take far too long to decide what to do with it. First half especially they missed a lot of decent runs by taking too many touches before releasing. Midfield is our weakest area of the pitch.

Forwards - Vardy starved of service so hard to judge, Ayew totally ineffective on the right but looked strong at times, poor getting back and poor final ball, Mavididi was decent today and with more support could have been a real threat. Not enough to judge Edouard on. Fatawu would have given Everton a much tougher time and probably done more tracking back too.

Manager - doesn't seem to have any ideas really and the players don't seem to be playing to a plan.

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

He shouldn't be playing. He wasn't even a regular starter in the relegation season, wasnt first choice last season and now, at 38, he's starting..

I think Cooper is in awe of his rep. 

Vards should be on the bench and used as impact sub

I would agree if we had someone better. Love JV of course and his goal scoring record is ridiculous. His goal last week at Palace was sensational; outpacing England’s best centre half from the Euros with a great finish. Sublime. However, it’s often like playing with ten men because he can’t run the channels, can’t really link play (never been his game) and just means we don’t have much of a physical presence in the box. Not sure if we have anyone better though. Daka isn’t. Eduoard let’s see.

JV is the greatest player to ever wear our shirt.  

Absolutely abhorrent display. An absolute tactical mess. 

Firstly the decision to start Bilal was wild, I like him, he evidently has ability, but he wasn’t up to the speed of the premier league, so the midfield just struggled like mad, and there was space all over the pitch for Everton to find. 

Starting Ayew again, a wild decision and JJ? When they’re playing a 39 year old at left back? It’s an indefensible decision that. 

Today was just another demonstration of how Cooper is completely and utterly tactically inept, there was no press at all, it was embarrassing, we just let Everton play around in that first half as if they were the home team, it was utterly dreadful. 

Some of the decisions today from Cooper mind blowing, I still haven’t picked my jaw off the floor….. I cannot for the life of me why at 1-1 he doesn’t bring both Fatawu and Ricardo on to attack a ****ing 39 year old left back. Dyche must have been pissing himself on the touchline, and then to bring Fatawu on with 88 on the clock and on the wrong side? 

This is unacceptable, we will not win a game of football with this utter fraud in charge, he’s ****ing useless and needs sacking immediately, the longer he stays the worse things will get. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bert said:

Crap first half. Better second. 

What was the plan? What were the players doing? 

Another goal coming from Justin’s side. Spent half the game playing right wing even though he’s in there because he’s “stronger defensively” eh @MPH lol 

Full backs are our weak link and it’s criminal Ricardo hasn’t played a minute in the prem. 

Mavidi man of the match. Don’t know why he persisted with Ayew and gave Fatawu 6 minutes. They had a centre mid at right back and an ageing Ashley Young at left back. Didn’t figure out to attack them until 65 minutes in. Looked better when Buonanotte came on. Wilf looked good. Winks sloppy. Big chance missed for 3 points. 

Nice try, Burt. 

However Here’s a screen shot that shows that it was Faes who was woefully out of position for the first goal leaving a massive hole that Justin TRIED to cover but couldn’t  get to in time.

classic tactic. Pull the CB out of position and exploit the hole.

but yeah, let’s not let the facts get in the way of some good old JJ  ( and MPH) bashing eh?

and for what it’s worth they did the exact same thing in the 4th minute and we fell for it again a few minutes later.

IMG_0211.jpeg

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

Fvcking horseshit match played between two pure relegation fodder teams. So absolutely devoid of quality.

Cooper has yet to convince me he has any idea what he’s doing. His squad selection and in-game management is bafflingly bad.

Edited by RoboFox

2 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Someone who speaks sense ..can't believe the mindless drivel I've read on here tonight. I'm usually one of the first people to call for the managers head when things aren't going well but you're not quite all there if you're calling for Coopers head this early on when we're in amongst 7 other clubs on the same or nearly the same points...just my opinion.

Did you listen to the game in Spanish commentary or something? 

If you could explain to me what part of that performance was acceptable today, and explain to me why he he’s left Ayew on to attack a 39 year old left back, when he could have picked Ricardo and Fatawu to attack him, but instead chose to bring Fatawu on in the 88th minute, and play him on his weaker side???

If you can explain any of that without sounding like a hippie on acid, I’d be impressed? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, murphy said:

You're right that we have been competitive, at least in terms of scorelines, but there are two ways of looking at this.  You could see it as a positive and that Cooper is managing to get a tune out of this squad, or you could see it shows that the squad is probably good enough to stay up and capable of more but is being held back by Cooper's negative team selections and tactics.

I'm somewhere in between really. I think man for man it's probably one of the 3 worst squads in the league so 17th would be a good result this year. But I'm not thrilled with what Cooper's doing. I'm just willing to give him a bit more of a chance than most others on here. And I'm not convinced that a Maresca style team would be doing any better. 

Just now, orangecity23 said:

Don't worry, the extended highlights from the club will be along soon enough with it's 6 minutes of highlights before the game actually kicks off lol

Do the club still have Matt Elliott / Gerry Taggart on co-comms sounding like they're constantly eating toffees