Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Everton - Post Match Thread

Has anyone talked about the fact that there was a delay to the second half (albeit a rather small one) but not a word from anyone in the stadium. Not on the screen or an announcement. A bit poor that 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Has anyone talked about the fact that there was a delay to the second half (albeit a rather small one) but not a word from anyone in the stadium. Not on the screen or an announcement. A bit poor that 

I think it speaks to the quality of the game that I didn’t even notice the delay until I read it in the match report 🤣.

• Haha 1

Was a pretty rough watch with two teams locking confidence played in pretty bizarre conditions. At kick off the team selection looked ok to me.

Three main concerns during the match. I struggle to describe our style of play and we don’t look like we have a cohesive plan for how to attack. There were some dreadful individual decisions/moments across the team. Then most of all the f-fun subs! We equalise, Everton confidence shaken so the obvious is to turn the screw and attack. Get Fatawu, Eduoard and Skipp on! Don’t wait till the 88th min to bring Fatawu on then replace Mavididi!

Cooper definitely comes across as a manager who wants to not lose more than he wants to win.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Did you listen to the game in Spanish commentary or something? 

If you could explain to me what part of that performance was acceptable today, and explain to me why he he’s left Ayew on to attack a 39 year old left back, when he could have picked Ricardo and Fatawu to attack him, but instead chose to bring Fatawu on in the 88th minute, and play him on his weaker side???

If you can explain any of that without sounding like a hippie on acid, I’d be impressed? 

Ricardo is a right back not a right winger. Fattawu is not up to Premier League standard yet. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

I'm somewhere in between really. I think man for man it's probably one of the 3 worst squads in the league so 17th would be a good result this year. But I'm not thrilled with what Cooper's doing. I'm just willing to give him a bit more of a chance than most others on here. And I'm not convinced that a Maresca style team would be doing any better. 

I had reservations about the prospect of trying to Maresca our way through the PL myself and I was indifferent to his leaving.   I didn't know much about Cooper when he was appointed but he has just lost me with the negativity and lack of belief.  I think we can do much better with the handbrake off.  

I guess my feeling toward Cooper would be best put by saying that it is one thing to fail to beat Everton at home, but it is quite another to not even try to beat Everton at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Ricardo is a right back not a right winger. Fattawu is not up to Premier League standard yet. 

Why did he bring him on to replace our most threatening player on the pitch in the 89th minute?

31 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

neither is ayew and yet he played 90 mins, also in those 90 mins i don't think he tried to attack 39 yr old ashley young once which is shockingly bad

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I’d imagine if that deal was going to happen, sooner rather than later is best for both clubs

The people around me today were so against cooper almost saying he was Bodgers 2.0, for some reason I just don’t buy into his philosophy he hasn’t won in the PL for some time I don’t know how many but his appointment was like no one else wanted the job because of the PSR deduction of points so we went for Blooper but now we’re safe of any deductions can we tempt Corboran Potter or another decent manager other than Forests cast offs?

7 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Our opportunity to get Corberan came and went in the summer. He’ll be managing in the PL next year, but not with us.

Which would be a Fuching Damn shame if Cooper is still with us come December I’ll be surprised a knee jerk PSR appointment that never should be I’d rather see Vardy being player manager !!