Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Everton - Post Match Thread

11 hours ago, hejammy said:

Has anyone talked about the fact that there was a delay to the second half (albeit a rather small one) but not a word from anyone in the stadium. Not on the screen or an announcement. A bit poor that 

Popped in to see my parents on the way home after the game and my Dad says "It must have been pretty bad weather for the game to be delayed!"

I said "It wasn't Dad, you must be mistaken or got us confused with another game"

Then I find out on the match reports later that the second half was delayed by seven minutes.

I didn't have a clue in the stadium :unsure:

• Like 1

All this Doom and Gloom. Don't get me wrong I'm not Happy But:

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, we don't know fitness levels and we don't know what SC is having to deal with on & off the pitch. 

As I see it we haven't taken a hammering, so I'm going to support the Team & SC until the inevitable happens. 

Ps: It must be hard to know that the Fans don't want you and you're playing with a poor hand of cards.  

Bring on Arsenal  :ph34r:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hejammy said:

Has anyone talked about the fact that there was a delay to the second half (albeit a rather small one) but not a word from anyone in the stadium. Not on the screen or an announcement. A bit poor that 

Yet it was ‘Breaking News’ on the BBC and Sky websites.  I didn’t notice tbh, the length of the HT interval seems so random these days anyway.

• Like 1

The Mavididi- Fatawu substitution made no sense on any level. It was too late to make a difference, Fatawu on the wrong side, taking off our best player at a crucial stage and leaving Ayew on who wasn't really involved.

I don't agree with booing substitutions but totally understood the annoyance with it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bert said:

How can you not spell my name right when it’s right there? lol 

Faes is out of position. Correct. But the goal has still come from Justin’s side. Ignore everything else i said though! 

you’re saying it was Justin’s fault and I proved  it wasn’t.

With regards to the spelling- I’m dyslexic - it looked right to me lol

16 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Nonsense. We’re not a traditional newly promoted side. We’re a club that was well established in the Premier League, had a bad season, and bounced back up. Throughout the squad there are players with significant PL experience, we had a back room team and setup that was premier league standard, world leading training facilities and 32,000 seat modern stadium.

We have to stop this rubbish about being ‘newly promoted’. It’s not like Brian Little getting us up in the 90s; we’re an established PL club that was consistently challenging for Europe just a couple of years ago.

Cooper is completely out of his depth and will lead us straight back down. 

Excellent post from start to finish, summed up well we really should be aiming our sites higher, and not accept the crap excuses that's currently doing the rounds.  

55 minutes ago, Corky said:

The Mavididi- Fatawu substitution made no sense on any level. It was too late to make a difference, Fatawu on the wrong side, taking off our best player at a crucial stage and leaving Ayew on who wasn't really involved.

I don't agree with booing substitutions but totally understood the annoyance with it.

It was very noticeable that we booed Mavadidi being taken off but cheered Fatawu running on.  Hopefully that was clear to the players and Mav didn’t think he was being booed.

9 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

It was very noticeable that we booed Mavadidi being taken off but cheered Fatawu running on.  Hopefully that was clear to the players and Mav didn’t think he was being booed.

Booing your own team is always crap - Fatawu is crap at this level so far anyway so that would have made sense though.