Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Everton - Post Match Thread

Just now, Samilktray said:

I'm not going to change your mentality, you have no expectations for our football club and that's just that I'm afraid. 

I do have expectations. I expect us to be better than we were today....last season I thought we played like crap at times but managed to get results....Cooper has been here 5 minutes and we're on around the same, more or just less than 6 other clubs....think people just need to chill out a bit

Can’t excuse the start to that game; so pedestrian, so slow, far too casual. Eventually get back into the game and Everton were there for the taking, they looked knackered from the equaliser yet we still couldn’t carve the open. Wilf falling over himself in the final third, panicking at opportunities.

Thought Mavididi was our best performer. Everton no.10 best player on the day but tired very early.

We’ve quickly found ourselves in a dogfight yet again but we’ve failed to snatch the desperately needed 3 points today.

2 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

The game should be used as a case study in clueless management on a football pitch. From both sides btw

No surprise that the same people who still defend Cooper are the ones who think Dyche is a great manager.

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody hell, I’m actually shocked by the comments in here. I know this place has become a cesspit of negativity, but you can’t fault the players and their commitment today in those conditions.

They’ve given it all and we’re by far the better team, particularly 2nd half. 

Commitment is a given. Even if it’s raining.

We were playing a side that have shipped 15 goals and had no points, are nailed on to be in the bottom five - they are truly awful, and for most of the game way better than us. 

But what people are “moaning about” (discussing because it’s so blindingly obvious) is the negative set up, negative / like for like subs, and turgid football offered by this manager. Is there a single thing that has impressed you under his leadership??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is valid negativity, Everton at home is the game we need 3 points if we have any chance of staying up 

There's a lot of things we need that we aren't going to get. It's going to be a hard season, relegation is a distinct possibility.  The repetitive,  boring, pre- decided negativity is just pathetic.  If we'd have won today it wouldn't be much better on here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Im sick of Ayew I mean he doesn't do a lot wrong but is literally offering nothing and he plays every game

So why are you picking on him and not someone else, if he doesnt do much wrong?

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

There's a lot of things we need that we aren't going to get. It's going to be a hard season, relegation is a distinct possibility.  The repetitive,  boring, pre- decided negativity is just pathetic.  If we'd have won today it wouldn't be much better on here.

Disagree with that. The mood post-Spurs was broadly positive.

Moot point regardless because it would appear Steve Cooper is allergic to winning matches so we'll never know.

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

Commitment is a given. Even if it’s raining.

We were playing a side that have shipped 15 goals and had no points, are nailed on to be in the bottom five - they are truly awful, and for most of the game way better than us. 

But what people are “moaning about” (discussing because it’s so blindingly obvious) is the negative set up, negative / like for like subs, and turgid football offered by this manager. Is there a single thing that has impressed you under his leadership??

Torn on this. Today was not good enough, that is for sure, but people complained about 3 perceived defensive midfielders, so we got Bilal, who is certainly not that, and we looked uncontrolled without Skipp. Frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

I do have expectations. I expect us to be better than we were today....last season I thought we played like crap at times but managed to get results....Cooper has been here 5 minutes and we're on around the same, more or just less than 6 other clubs....think people just need to chill out a bit

You fail to account for performances and opposition. We've probably had the softest run of games to start a PL season and we haven't managed to win once. We will be playing the top sides in the coming months and playing like this, we can't hope for more than a jammy draw like against Spurs.

Cooper has to go while we can still right the course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

We'd be a laughing stock if we sacked a manager after 5 matches when we'd only lost 2 of them...fact

Crikey I was thinking that certain relegation after 38 games of turgid negative football was bad …. But people laughing at us, no way that would be too much to bear!!!??

I’m so glad you added “fact” as it clears the whole discussion up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1