Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Everton - Post Match Thread

Just now, Richmondfox said:

He’s taking the place of someone that can add value to the team. 

You mean Fatawu I assume? He has not been in his cameos this year, but he does add a bit of chaos! Ayew is just savvy which seems to rank high on the Coopometer

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Im sick of Ayew I mean he doesn't do a lot wrong but is literally offering nothing and he plays every game

I think he offers our best option at present playing as the number 10. Holds the ball well, can link play and Works hard. Other two options are too lightweight. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The league is currently playing right into our hands, the bottom 6 clubs are absolutely woeful including us, and the couple above us are also struggling to find form. If we had won 2 games instead of draws this season we would have been in a really healthy position, instead we have 3 points from 5 games. 

Performance was everything today and we were poor, 

I think I’ve seen enough at this point. The signs are not there and before long the teams around us are going to find some form and if we don’t do that ourselves we will find ourselves in trouble. 

I like Steve, he speaks well, you can tell he wants to build, but if we can’t get the basics right he won’t be here long enough to build any sort of foundation. 

We have been gifted a massive opportunity to put daylight between ourselves and the bottom 3 so far this season and we’ve not taken that opportunity. 
Not good enough. No idea who I’d want to bring in if he went today, but unless he pulls off a massive 180, it feels deep down like we are just delaying the inevitable. I want to give him time, but our performances are too lacklustre to defend. 
we have enough attacking talent in this team to cause teams problems, yet we aren’t. 

If my Auntie had wheels she’d have been a bike. 

All the “ifs” in the world don’t make a blind bit of difference. We have started absolutely horridly and it’s showing zero signs of improving under Cooper’s tutelage. 

Sometimes, you have to look at a decision objectively and make a change. This was a poor appointment made under the assumption of a large points deduction. It stunk of “well it’s all we can get” when we made it, and it stinks even more now. The ONLY reason we have points on the board at this juncture is the players and their application. Cooper gets ZERO credit there. His tactics and game management is absolutely hideous. 

Like a girlfriend you have in year 7, you know it won’t last and it’s absolutely pointless, but you hang around on the off chance you might get some finger blasting action before all your mates. 

Well, at the minute, we’re the girlfriend and Steve is giving us a right fingering, only he’s floundering about near the wrong hole and we’re getting done up the ‘arris. 

Get him gone. 

Much better second half. Mavididi was good, Kristiansen has improved, Okoli looks a beast, Ndidi put in a shift but just lacks a bit of quality at the end. There's encouraging things there. It's not nearly as bad as this forum would have you think it is 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

He has to be gone after that has to be.

This club needs rid of the happy clapper fan base 

The board need changes 

The manager needs to be sacked straight away.

Inexcusable that is.

****ing joke of a club

Lol... Hows the tea lady?

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I thought he was one of our better players today. Can't help feeling people made their mind up about him when we signed him and are just looking for confirmation bias.

He puts him self about but doesn't really offer much of a threat imo, and no I didn't already make up my mind about him I knew exactly what we was getting a bang average player.

20 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

Again Ndidi needs to be hooked off at 60 mins as his decision making is poor. Had two great chances but as always when he has time to think rather than react, he messes it up. 

Negative and boring football. 

Ndidi was doing his job as a ball winner ok but he was being asked to play as a 10 looking for the scoring pass which he failed at miserably.  Just because he did it once last week doesn’t mean he can play the role.

Not seen much like that before. Doesn’t play one of our best players, we have prob 2 shots on target if that, then brings on fatawu out of position for our best player on the game. Your man called him a coward and he well and truly lived up to that and some. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Torn on this. Today was not good enough, that is for sure, but people complained about 3 perceived defensive midfielders, so we got Bilal, who is certainly not that, and we looked uncontrolled without Skipp. Frustrating. 

I agree, in theory he tried to be ever so slightly less defensive. 

I’d rather have Skipp / Winks and drop Ndidi but SC won’t do that as he’s obsessed with height - which is why, I think, he plays JJ ahead of Ricardo (even though Ricardo is at least as good in the air). 

For me, it was more about the lack of subs that would affect the game - we should have thrown everything at it in the second half. 

He’s lost me completely today - it’s way too negative and the tactics / patterns are Sunday league

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

If my Auntie had wheels she’d have been a bike. 

All the “ifs” in the world don’t make a blind bit of difference. We have started absolutely horridly and it’s showing zero signs of improving under Cooper’s tutelage. 

Sometimes, you have to look at a decision objectively and make a change. This was a poor appointment made under the assumption of a large points deduction. It stunk of “well it’s all we can get” when we made it, and it stinks even more now. The ONLY reason we have points on the board at this juncture is the players and their application. Cooper gets ZERO credit there. His tactics and game management is absolutely hideous. 

Like a girlfriend you have in year 7, you know it won’t last and it’s absolutely pointless, but you hang around on the off chance you might get some finger blasting action before all your mates. 

Well, at the minute, we’re the girlfriend and Steve is giving us a right fingering, only he’s floundering about near the wrong hole and we’re getting done up the ‘arris. 

Get him gone. 

I was feeling quite flat after watching that game, but thanks your post has given me a hard on

• Haha 2

That first half especially was the worst we've played in a very, very long time. The second half was extremely poor for the large part too. Only Mads can say he had an OK game. The rest were Sunday league at best. 

Subs were just not great. Why keep Ayew on and swap Mavididi for Fatawu? How does JJ keep getting into this team? He is abysmal! If RP doesn't start next game then the crowd need to vocalise our annoyance. Ndidi just can't play up there. 

Top was there today, surely he can see that with Cooper there is a high probability we go down. Just fed up to be honest 

• Like 2

I thought this was a certain L so getting a point is somewhat of a bonus. Mavididi MOTM. The rest......The play not to lose mentality of the manager eventually filters down to the players and that's how you underachieve - i.e. get relegated.