Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Everton - Post Match Thread

Disappointing one today, and I don't think he has helped himself. I've been one who has said I don't want him out and was willing to judge him more so after these four games after the international break. I've seen plenty that has encouraged me under him, but I think today was our worst performance under him so far, barring the first 45 mins against Spurs. I still don't think it's anywhere near as bad as many are making our on here although he had a chance to lay down a real marker today and he hasn't. I seriously doubt we will get something against Arsenal, and if we come out of these 4 games with anything less than 5 points now I think the pressure will actually be on, not just Foxestalk hysterical pressure. 

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Much better second half. Mavididi was good, Kristiansen has improved, Okoli looks a beast, Ndidi put in a shift but just lacks a bit of quality at the end. There's encouraging things there. It's not nearly as bad as this forum would have you think it is 

Are you serious? Did you actually watch the game? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

I agree, in theory he tried to be ever so slightly less defensive. 

I’d rather have Skipp / Winks and drop Ndidi but SC won’t do that as he’s obsessed with height - which is why, I think, he plays JJ ahead of Ricardo (even though Ricardo is at least as good in the air). 

For me, it was more about the lack of subs that would affect the game - we should have thrown everything at it in the second half. 

He’s lost me completely today - it’s way too negative and the tactics / patterns are Sunday league

For me, not too dissimilar, but the crime today was our lack of cohesion, our lack of pressing patterns, not making space for out balls. We really failed to preform as a team and lacked a plan, at least until we went gung ho late on, we is the antithesis of a plan anyway. Really quite disappointed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Crikey I was thinking that certain relegation after 38 games of turgid negative football was bad …. But people laughing at us, no way that would be too much to bear!!!??

I’m so glad you added “fact” as it clears the whole discussion up

Nobody is sacking anybody....not yet anyway plus no guarantee you sack him and we suddenly turn into a better side....new manager could make us worse

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After watching that in the flesh it's clear there's no tactical plan from Cooper. Switch it to Stephy and hope for a bit of magic. 

It CANNOT continue like this! We've turned brexit, our goal summed it up.

And anyone saying "good point in the end"...Cooper has got you in the palm of his hand. Had to win today!

Edited by TheGoldenGod
  • Like 2

Just now, Viktor-LCFC said:

Two bang average teams, the standard in the Premier League is awful apart from one or two teams.

That luckily is why I’m still half confident we can stay up.

Standard gets worse year on year, but of course ffp was introduced to help level the playing field

Crap first half. Better second. 

What was the plan? What were the players doing? 

Another goal coming from Justin’s side. Spent half the game playing right wing even though he’s in there because he’s “stronger defensively” eh @MPH lol 

Full backs are our weak link and it’s criminal Ricardo hasn’t played a minute in the prem. 

Mavidi man of the match. Don’t know why he persisted with Ayew and gave Fatawu 6 minutes. They had a centre mid at right back and an ageing Ashley Young at left back. Didn’t figure out to attack them until 65 minutes in. Looked better when Buonanotte came on. Wilf looked good. Winks sloppy. Big chance missed for 3 points. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

For me, not too dissimilar, but the crime today was our lack of cohesion, our lack of pressing patterns, not making space for out balls. We really failed to preform as a team and lacked a plan, at least until we went gung ho late on, we is the antithesis of a plan anyway. Really quite disappointed. 

Absolutely. Tactically I thought we looked terrible - like we hadn’t got a clue what to do with the ball. Both on and off the ball we don’t look like we employ coaches

Edited by 5waller5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Yes and yes

Wow. There are lots of games where I think OK people will have different opinions and perspectives of that game, but today, wow. To call it anything other than shockingly bad at a minimum. "Encouraging things"?! OK so surely now the only explanation is that you have had a LOT to drink 

10 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Disappointing one today, and I don't think he has helped himself. I've been one who has said I don't want him out and was willing to judge him more so after these four games after the international break. I've seen plenty that has encouraged me under him, but I think today was our worst performance under him so far, barring the first 45 mins against Spurs. I still don't think it's anywhere near as bad as many are making our on here although he had a chance to lay down a real marker today and he hasn't. I seriously doubt we will get something against Arsenal, and if we come out of these 4 games with anything less than 5 points now I think the pressure will actually be on, not just Foxestalk hysterical pressure. 

Fair, the hysterical-ness included.

13 minutes ago, Hales said:

It's particularly annoying as we don't have a bad squad...he is picking the wrong players, not making subs and making weird decisions. It's stifling the players...

The one positive is that the players are still playing for him.  But I fear that will shift into reverse.

He shows no sign of playing in a way that would maximize their abilities.  Always  a desperate, random-looking, try-not-to-lose setup, even at home against an inferior side.

Add in that the best players are not the ones chosen for the XI … or indeed given more than cursory minutes … that’s the recipe for losing the dressing room.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I agree.  We missed Skipp taking hold of the ball and moving up the pitch.  The first half stunk out every time Faes tries to make it all

about himself.  Everton in the first half could find their wingers and pass it around with ease.  We miss someone who can turn with the ball like Maddison could rather than adding a pass back and sideways before going forwards again.

What is annoying is we go gung ho when everyone is tired rather than bringing on 3 subs to bring some energy to the team. 

i think we handicapped ourselves with bilal 1st half whos miles off it. whoever said ayew does nothing wrong, but also produces nothing is spot on, and winks needs a break on the bench for me. 

cant criticise effort, but poor team selection and tactics 

Was hard to concentrate fully having my young lad with me, but that didn’t seem great. If N’didi could actually pass the ball we might have got more from the game because he got into so many useful positions and just meekly surrendered the ball.

You get the feeling that Cooper is only going to grasp that you can play Mav and Fatawa and they will be a better attacking combination when he’s forced to use them because of injury. It seems so blindingly obvious, but we just want to start with an arm tied behind our back!!!

It reminds me so much of Pearson, no great tactical plan and a cautiousness that can become frustrating with him seemingly ignoring the obvious at times. That doesn’t mean it can’t work, Nige is a legend for good reason.

Still plenty of time and I’m happy enough to continue to give him more of it as be certainly aren’t miles away from the other teams we are playing. 

36 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

2 very poor sides, Cooper gave Young and easy afternoon by withholding Fatawu for so long. 

How long before the transfer request from Ricardo goes in? He’s not a soumare type that just wants to sit on the bench. 

Atrocious management.

Like how is it possible he hasn't played 1 minute of league football 🤯

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Wow. There are lots of games where I think OK people will have different opinions and perspectives of that game, but today, wow. To call it anything other than shockingly bad at a minimum. "Encouraging things"?! OK so surely now the only explanation is that you have had a LOT to drink 

Or I'm just more realistic about where the club is at than you. We're playing for 17th this year and based on the squad we've got that would be a good result. Of course the football isn't great but before a ball was kicked this season I was expecting some big defeats early on so I'm pleased that we've been competitive in all the games 

• Like 1