Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-1 Everton - Post Match Thread

10 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Not sure how the club go about sacking the fan base tbh. 😂

I'm not sure how by saying this club needs rid means sacking the fan base?

The happy clappers that have got their tongues so far up Steve Coopers arse are one of the biggest problems with this football club.

The club would be better off without the so called supporters that accept lacklustre results and style of play.

Edited by Fox85

i have to admit found his tactics odd today, playing Ayew instead of Fatawu for one

Ashley Young hate pace and today hes probably had the easiest game he'll have all season

might be on 3 points but if he was braver with decisions we could easier been on a few more points

I wanted to give Cooper a chance, 10 games to stamp his authority. After that shitshow, now I’m not so sure? I think he should have made changes at half time and been much more gung-ho.

I think Everton were there for the taking towards the end.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody hell, I’m actually shocked by the comments in here. I know this place has become a cesspit of negativity, but you can’t fault the players and their commitment today in those conditions.

They’ve given it all and we’re by far the better team, particularly 2nd half

Think that's being generous. They were far better than us first half and created better chances in the second, even when we were on top. Can't remember Pickford making a save.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Disappointing one today, and I don't think he has helped himself. I've been one who has said I don't want him out and was willing to judge him more so after these four games after the international break. I've seen plenty that has encouraged me under him, but I think today was our worst performance under him so far, barring the first 45 mins against Spurs. I still don't think it's anywhere near as bad as many are making our on here although he had a chance to lay down a real marker today and he hasn't. I seriously doubt we will get something against Arsenal, and if we come out of these 4 games with anything less than 5 points now I think the pressure will actually be on, not just Foxestalk hysterical pressure. 

I've broadly agreed with you about the hysteria on here (as usual) but let's be honest today was a rank performance, as you say the worst and the most worrying.  And there are a few emerging themes that are very, very concerning.  

I really don't think Justin has been very good, yet Ricardo can't get a look in.  The game was crying out for Fats and yet Ayew stays on the pitch sacrificing our most dangerous player instead.  Skipp has been better than Winks imo.  Winksy has been great for us since he joined but we needed Skipps hustle today, even off the bench.  Cooper's team selections and in game management seem timid and confused.  

Presumably Vesty leaked that stuff to the press about Cooper hence he's disappeared.  But today we were crying our for some composure at the back, someone who can pick a pass.  I'd play Vesty and Okoli against teams with less pace. Faes was back to being a bomb scare today.

We appear to have no patterns of play, a dreadful Everton side dominated us in the first half and the second half was essentially just a mess in which as the home side we created a few bits and pieces but still looked far from coherent.  

There seems to be no progression so far under Cooper and that's what is worrying me most.  

Two crap sides but I thought Everton looked better than us though. Playing ayew for 90 minutes against that toss pot Young was a disgrace.

2 miserable and negative managers. Cooper needs the boot before its too late, its gonna be a long season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

Absolute garbage of a game.

Both should be relegated on that performance.

Laughable at times.

Even with Cooper in charge we're not going down imo without points deduction. There are worse teams out there and managers completely out of their depth. With Cooper we'll finish just out of the relegation zone, with a proper manager we're finishing around 10-12th place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

Even with Cooper in charge we're not going down imo without points deduction. There are worse teams out there and managers completely out of their depth. With Cooper we'll finish just out of the relegation zone, with a proper manager we're finishing around 10-12th place. 

🤣🤣love the  optimism, I reckon the downpour has got to you!!👍🏾

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry but a draw isn't good enough against a team likely to be around the bottom 6 this season as things look right now. We have a fairly soft first 9 matches and need at least 12 points from them.

Right now I can't see us winning many games if any  under Cooper. We just look devoid of ideas, structure and quality.  

That point has probably kept him in a job but it will be too late to sack him soon and I can't see he's going to be good enough to keep us up. There's a reason Forest sacked him and we're starting to see it.

45 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Bilal was very poor. Looked very much out of his depth and we looked so much better with bounenotte.  Unfortunately, I think it’ll be winks skipp and ndidi again for Arsenal 

Doesn't matter who plays against Arsenal on the season's evidence so far we will be lucky to get out of our own half. They will be far and away the best team we've played so far and we'll be lucky to escape a complete hammering.

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

🤣🤣love the  optimism, I reckon the downpour has got to you!!👍🏾

I'm really the last one here to be called an optimist. Check my rants before and after Cooper's appointment. I'm just trying to be pragmatic based on results so far. 3 draws out of 5. All of them down to certain "player quality and individuality". So yes I think this team has the quality to stay up comfortably under a proper manager with better tactics and game management. 

And yes my mindset have changed since the news of no points deduction. 

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

I’m not sure how

Guessing you didn't watch West Ham earlier? They have as good a squad as us if not better and a new manager and were horrific....perhaps watch United who have spent a small fortune assembling a squad and tell me their manager is doing better

Ayew should've been brought off on the hour when he looked shattered, not left on for the 90. This is generous as well given he offered nothing all game.

Odd that Reid spent the entire second half warming up.

JJ was poor and ignored a lot when in space, Ricardo needs to start