Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Leicester City versus Everton Tactical Analysis

Very, very good analysis. 

Fixing it shouldn't be as tricky as Cooper is making it. What I can't understand is we made the Winks, Skipp, Ndidi midfield work against Palace. The obvious thing to do is to keep that spine. Then you play Mavididi and Fatawu. 

Later in games you switch Ndidi and Vardy for one of the new 10s and Édouard. If winning you can pull a winger for Ayew and Reid. If chasing the game you sacrifice a full back. 

My fear is Cooper will stubbornly play Ayew because he is the boss. I've have no problems with this if we didn't have Fatawu and a strong midfield spine (Palace). The full backs need to sit and defend with Winks. 

Raneri worked this out. I can see parallels. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Our underlying data stinks. It suggests we have acutally outperformed our expected results because of chances created and given up. This is scary to see.

As always fabulous work really enjoy reading the breakdowns!

This particular bit is the concern, we are extremely efficient in the small windows we play well, that will regress as its impossible to maintain all season. Playing poorly and just about getting away with it and we still dont have a win....feels like the worst is yet to come, and this is the honeymoon period...we are lucky to have Mads in goal who has kept us in games. 

We can't move cooper on quick enough imo, but I think some will need to see that regression play out before realising it.

• Thanks 1

Great Analysis again. However you mention the fact we had momentum in the 2nd half without actually looking like an attacking threat and failed to use our subs again, but like Spurs the game was only not out of sight at this point because of the oppositions poor finishing and in fact it turned out to be a lucky point

We knew Everton would be struggling at Full Back so why we did not start Fatawu instead of Ayew - only Cooper will know (add that to the list with tactics, Ricci superglued to a bench and sending Vestegaard back to the naughty step)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

Great Analysis again. However you mention the fact we had momentum in the 2nd half without actually looking like an attacking threat and failed to use our subs again, but like Spurs the game was only not out of sight at this point because of the oppositions poor finishing and in fact it turned out to be a lucky point

We knew Everton would be struggling at Full Back so why we did not start Fatawu instead of Ayew - only Cooper will know (add that to the list with tactics, Ricci superglued to a bench and sending Vestegaard back to the naughty step)

Yep fair point. This video already ran to an hour, but for sure, Calvert-Lewin had a fantastic opportunity to win the game for Everton which I glossed over!

• Like 1

Great work as always, but I like to point out that BEK being somewhat ineffective as you said and him having to drop deep is actually a symptom of what we have been discussing previously. Ndidi. Ndidi is simply not a good build up player - Skipp is so much better in this regard. As a result the left mid often has a hole to fill which is why BEK felt he needed to drop back. But it means he is not higher up as he should be. Despite Ndidi playing ok, this weakness of his cannot be overstated. He makes Winks and the left side of midfield much less effective, but it is easy to focus on Winks, BEK and those around Ndidi. His weakness has already been well said and demonstrated in the past so there is no need to repeat here.

Ndidi, if he is to be used, can only be used as an AM.

• Like 1