Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Sacked in the Morning

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Are you happy and accepting of the club, this manager and the way he's coaching and setting up our team currently? 

5 games into his reign, what do you think was going to happen?  We have lost 2 games out of 5 and people say sack him:unsure: fans who play too much football manager or have only followed us for a few years I presume

Nigel Pearson had us bottom of the table for months refusing to play albrighton, probably the most stupid decision ever, but he changed it  around.

Was a bit weird not bringing on abdul earlier though

Edited by Claridge
  • Like 4

The amount of worthy threads that get shut down & posts that get removed yet dross like this seems to run free.

Surely the Cooper thread, Cooper out thread or any of the match day threads should suffice with people's wishes of him being sacked...

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

5 games into his reign, what do you think was going to happen?  We have lost 2 games out of 5 and people say sack him:unsure: fans who play too much football manager or have only followed us for a few years I presume

Nigel Pearson had us bottom of the table for months refusing to play albrighton, probably the most stupid decision ever, but he changed it  around.

Was a bit weird not bringing on abdul earlier though

don't think you need to play much football manager to know that when facing a full back who is drawing his pension and gets more red cards than successful tackles, you play an electric winger who ties full backs in knots and not another pensioner already proven to not be good enough for this division.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

The amount of worthy threads that get shut down & posts that get removed yet dross like this seems to run free.

Surely the Cooper thread, Cooper out thread or any of the match day threads should suffice with people's wishes of him being sacked...

Naaaah the more the merrier with this. 

Guy is a tool and should not be in charge of our club.

• Haha 1

Any rumours about a potential sale ? With the threat of a points deduction gone and being PL for now, maybe it’s the time the man child looks to sell. The lack of effort is going to remain infuriating while he is at the helm and be a great Sunday morning/afternoon/evening story to hear he’s about to sell.

1 hour ago, KFS said:

It’s ****ing wild the lengths the Welsh lads on here will go to protect their own. 

Really. I couldn't give a flying f**k where he comes from. And you have obviously no idea how tribal the valleys are. I don't even like the people in the next village. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’d get rid of Cooper and happily take Nuno tomorrow. The issues under him have very little of anything to do with his “Forest connections”. He is out of his depth and yesterday was a great example of this. This isn’t Real Madrid/Barcelona or Man U/Liverpool. All three East Midlands clubs have shared mutual players and managers before. Our greatest ever captain is a boy from the meadows!

i don't speak for all fans, and neither do you. Theres a difference between taking Wes Morgan off them, and employing their reject manager as they step over us in terms of being an established PL club. 

i didn't say we"d never accept Cooper because he's ex forest, just he'd likely be afforded less time with the fans because of his connection. You'd take Nuno right now because he has a better track record, but again Nuno would probably be afforded less time if he was a forest reject than a manager with an equivalent record.

If Potter was in charge, i'm pretty sure there wouldn't be calls for him to be sacked at this point.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

i don't speak for all fans, and neither do you. Theres a difference between taking Wes Morgan off them, and employing their reject manager as they step over us in terms of being an established PL club. 

i didn't say we"d never accept Cooper because he's ex forest, just he'd likely be afforded less time with the fans because of his connection. You'd take Nuno right now because he has a better track record, but again Nuno would probably be afforded less time if he was a forest reject than a manager with an equivalent record.

If Potter was in charge, i'm pretty sure there wouldn't be calls for him to be sacked at this point.

Cooper isn’t being afforded time because he spent the first two games with our best winger on the bench. He actively cost us two points v Palace. He was inactive against both Fulham and Everton. Including pre season games, his style has won once. It’s irrelevant that he has a Forest background. In the 80s fans would’ve happily have invited Brian Clough to Filbert Street.

If we are seeing results or actual management, the Forest connection means nothing. You’re right though, he is rejected because his record suggests these errors in judgement is his norm at this level and he could’ve been the ex boss of Norwich and that would’ve still applied. 

I just think giving him the Forest reject tag gives him an excuse for what is (hopefully) a growing resentment towards him. I don’t think that is even 4th or 5th on a list of issues with him.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Cooper isn’t being afforded time because he spent the first two games with our best winger on the bench. He actively cost us two points v Palace. He was inactive against both Fulham and Everton. Including pre season games, his style has won once. It’s irrelevant that he has a Forest background. In the 80s fans would’ve happily have invited Brian Clough to Filbert Street.

If we are seeing results or actual management, the Forest connection means nothing. You’re right though, he is rejected because his record suggests these errors in judgement is his norm at this level and he could’ve been the ex boss of Norwich and that would’ve still applied. 

I just think giving him the Forest reject tag gives him an excuse for what is (hopefully) a growing resentment towards him. I don’t think that is even 4th or 5th on a list of issues with him.

looking over the Cooper appointed thread, i'd say over 50% of posters weren't happy, with references to Forest fans laughng at us. Do you think there'd have been more enthusiasm it we'd appointed Corberan?

As for the Clough reference, its not comparible. I'm not saying people want him sacked because hes ex forest, im saying it doesnt help him and likely for some is a factor.

8 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

This forum is increasingly like a nursery. 

Lots of swedes?

Everyone is a vegetable?

Gone to pot?

Piles of manure?

Not sure what you mean.

4 hours ago, KFS said:

It’s ****ing wild the lengths the Welsh lads on here will go to protect their own. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I hope this is sarcasm. 

Let's test this...

Roald Dahl is a massive antisemite and Shakin' Stevens was the rock n roll equivalent of a month old white dog turd.

He will likely get 15 league games. 

I am leaning towards 10, as too many red flags at this stage. 

The only reason I think Top may act sooner, is because Cooper was clearly not their first or even second choice. 

I think they will try for Potter once again, but most likely we will end up with Moyes.