Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SkidsFox

Arsenal (A) Sept 28 15.00

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Hermansen 

Justin 

Okoli

Coady 

Faes 

Kristiansen 

Skipp

Winks

Ndidi 

Vardy 

Mavididi 

Not the team I'd pick, but it's probably the one Cooper will, possibly Ayew for Mavididi if he really is completely clueless. 

Even Cooper must now realise that Coady is a cheerleader, rather than a viable option to play in the PL.

Already having nightmares of VK, blonde bouffant bouncing around as he finds himself hopelessly out of position as the ball goes over his head to Saka who rips him apart every time. Everything about the lad this season screams relegation battle.

Already having nightmares of JJ, hopelessly out of position as the ball goes down the line to Martinelli or Trossard who rip him apart every time. Everything about the lad this season screams relegation battle. 

etc

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Already having nightmares of VK, blonde bouffant bouncing around as he finds himself hopelessly out of position as the ball goes over his head to Saka who rips him apart every time. Everything about the lad this season screams relegation battle.

Already having nightmares of JJ, hopelessly out of position as the ball goes down the line to Martinelli or Trossard who rip him apart every time. Everything about the lad this season screams relegation battle. 

etc

Tbf we weren't expecting anything else. It would be nice though to see some tactics for once.

1 minute ago, Mike1983 said:

Tbf we weren't expecting anything else. It would be nice though to see some tactics for once.

The tactics would be crying out for some pace on the break. Mavididi, Fatawu, Vards.

Apply ‘The Cooper Factor™️’ however and the answer is simple - play Ayew as a paceless lone centre forward or as an immobile right winger and get on field spectator BDCR on the left. Job done Coops  

If their two starting full backs (white and timber) are out then we could start with mavs and fats and go for it on transition against what are likely to be centre backs playing at full back. 

but that opens us up to a tonking and i reckon a decent GD gives us an extra point later in the season 

expect a very defensive approach, low block and an attempt to escape with a 2 goal deficit 

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If their two starting full backs (white and timber) are out then we could start with mavs and fats and go for it on transition against what are likely to be centre backs playing at full back. 

but that opens us up to a tonking and i reckon a decent GD gives us an extra point later in the season 

expect a very defensive approach, low block and an attempt to escape with a 2 goal deficit 

He's show no sign of really wanting to play Mavididi and Fatawu together.

How to beat The Arsenal       [Pre match poem]

How to beat The Arsenal, the chances may be low

We ain't got nothing much to lose so let's just have a go

Our tactics might be drastic, employ a few 'dark arts'

Have a plan of action before the onslaught starts

But if the plan goes pear shaped, take a more defensive role

Stand all 11 players in front of Leicester's goal

Edited by Elsie Effcee
  • Haha 1

A key part in Saturday is going to be defending their aerial threat from set pieces and in particular corners. Gabriel to be fair is excellent in this respect and they are well trained in creating blocks on the keeper and those trying to prevent runners. 

if we can nullify that then I think we can compete especially if we can show more togetherness and spirit. Although to be fair I don’t think we have been too bad in this respect. I’d like to see Ricardo come in at RB and Justin up against saka on the right as he has done well in that in the past. In position Ricky to play his inverted role in midfield he does so well. I like skipp but I’d play Ndidi in midfield for added physicality and aerial prowess along with winks and goodnight as the Number 10.  fatawu and mads on the wing and Vardy up top if fit. Utilise the relationships built up last season. . I think Faes will get the nod though to start alongside  okoli at CB although there is a case for vesty given their aerial threat. I still have nightmares from that 2-0 defeat a few years ago when we played well but did that near post play they do so often. 

Hermandsen

ricky   Faes. Okoli. Justin. 
     Ndidi. Winks

fatawu. Buenonotte. Mavidid

Vardy

Edited by Supergray22