Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

VOTE COOPER IN/OUT/WAIT

VOTE: COOPER IN/OUT/WAIT  

551 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to happen?

• Sack him now
    • During Oct international break
    • Still think he will do enough

5 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

To go from Enzo who had a clear as crystal plan on how he wanted to play (whether you liked it or not, you can't deny this) to this guy just had disaster written all over it.

He's gash and needs to go.

We will have to wait and I doubt the board (due to their utterly spineless nature) will act until he's done a hell of a lot more damage.

I actually hate Cooper.

Yes, he did have a clear plan. It seemed to have been sussed at a lower level, and we weren't even on promotion form for the second half of the season. Quite a few people on here who want Cooper gone also wanted Maresca gone as late as April. Most of us saw that the set-up needed to change. Most were calling for a more flexible tactical approach.

Your hatred of him, though, is just a further example of what's going on, in that some people can't separate their emotions from their ability to reason. Most of his critics decided that on day one. In many ways, if you wanted to defend Cooper or the board, one of the strongest arguments for them would be how unbalanced the criticisms against them have been.

I have serious doubts about the board and Cooper. But you're never going to win those arguments if you're baying for a new manager's blood (newly promoted, at a troubled club which was out of form for some time) after 5 fairly inconclusive games. Bide your time and, if things don't improve, at least nobody will say that it was the tidal wave of pessimism which led to things not working out.

• Like 4

Too many red flags and warning signs for me to ignore. Get rid ASAP and get someone in who the players respect and who knows how to do the basics ahead of a nice run of winnable games in October.

However, he won’t be sacked at least until the end of October because the board are cowards and won’t want to be seen as too impulsive and reactionary.

I genuinely think Blackpool have a more competent manager than we do (Steve Bruce for those of you who don’t know).

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

It's way too soon to even think about pulling the trigger on Cooper !!

I am not enjoying the very conservative team selections & think he needs to be more attack minded but Forest fans tell me he did the same thing there.

I would give him the next six games with an expectation of nine points to keep his job.

Arsenal

Bournemouth 

Southampton

Forest

Ipswich

Man U

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

But 4 of those are teams we could get points from. Do you want to waste those games on him?

No guarantee either way.  Just think sacking before is premature. Not as bad a start as 1983-84 and then we stuck with Gordon Milne. Not that relevant but shows how much vitriol in modern game 

Well my option of wait and see doesn't seem to be there.

I don't think now is really any different to the international break in Oct: what will you really learn from Arsenal and Bournemouth?

Sticking with the November international break as a point when we'll have enough to make a fair judgement and decision. Whether that's stick or twist depends on results.

• Like 2

People saying it’s too early need to be a bit more honest with themselves. The only thing that matters is this: do you think the performances are a fair reflection of Cooper’s tactics and selection and, if so, do you genuinely believe he will change?

I’d say yes to the first question and, based on the fact he had similar tactical flaws at Forest, no he isn’t going to change.

We need to be pragmatic at this football club. He doesn’t have what it takes, time will not change that because, like almost every manager, he will not change.

• Like 1