Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

VOTE COOPER IN/OUT/WAIT

VOTE: COOPER IN/OUT/WAIT  

492 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to happen?

• Sack him now
    • During Oct international break
    • Still think he will do enough

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I have been a Leicester City supporter since 1960 but if Southgate takes over that will  be the end for me. 

I was hoping Man U would hire him as I feel they deserve each other.

I've been a supporter 35 plus years and if Southgate became our manager I too would have a sabbatical for as long as he was at our club. 

Definition of a clown in it's quintessential form.

• Like 1

I wanted to give Cooper a chance. But I'm losing a bit of faith in him, he does get players working hard and we've been competitive. It's good to be competitive, but at some point, you need to start turning that into 3 points. For me, he’s got until the Southampton game. If he can't get a win by then, after 7 games, he has to go as despite it being early in the season, we'll be firmly in the bottom three. And I think he'll have lost a lot of confidence in the fan base and the squad. It was always a bit of a strange appointment in the first place.

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

I wanted to give Cooper a chance. But I'm losing a bit of faith in him, he does get players working hard and we've been competitive. It's good to be competitive, but at some point, you need to start turning that into 3 points. For me, he’s got until the Southampton game. If he can't get a win by then, after 7 games, he has to go as despite it being early in the season, we'll be firmly in the bottom three. And I think he'll have lost a lot of confidence in the fan base and the squad. It was always a bit of a strange appointment in the first place.

Did you see the first half against Everton?  We were just horribly uncompetitive and Everton could/should have been 3 or 4 to the good against us. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

So, playing devils advocate (And I know full well i'm gonna get pelters and people rolling their eyes full well knowing what i'm getting at but...)

"Who we gonna get?" and "Be careful what you wish for" (Southgate's waiting in the wings, or we gonna go chasing Potter again?).

Those two statements aren't a reason for keeping Cooper, but neither were they when giving Rodgers for 2 years longer than we should, yet those questions need answering and/or countering.

Perhaps people should have been careful what they wished for and Cooper being appointed is a by-product of that, as was our massive drop in the food chain.  

Haha this is fair. It's all ultimately pointless until the clowns above Cooper are improved upon.

• Like 1

He should never have got the gig but I'll be amazed if he goes this side of Christmas, at which point we'll likely be properly in the mud and a far less appealing proposition than we are now.

Rudkin will flick through his little black book of unemployed managers with experience of English football and we'll get someone else uninspiring in. Really has come to something in terms of trust with the ownership where I'd genuinely be quietly relieved if they just went for Moyes for 18 months or so.

Should've gone Monday. We'll get hammered at Arsenal but only lose 2/3-0 and then fluke a draw against Bournemouth. We'll somehow have risen to 14th in the table despite having 4 points from 7 games. The board aren't even contemplating the idea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

It's too early.

Yes, there's been some odd decisions, not least the benching of Ricardo, but we're not even in the bottom 3.

Any other season we would be. 

Unprecedented that 5-6 teams are without wins at this stage. 

Squad is more than capable and Cooper has cost us multiple points already 

Whilst we’re not in the relegation zone, he’s not going anywhere. Realistically, it will take until we are > 5 points adrift that action will be taken. His brief would have been to keep us up and as grim as we are at the moment, the higher ups will see points on the board and teams below us and think that we’re going to be just fine.

I’m really conflicted over this. I didn’t particularly want him in the first place but would normally give the benefit of the doubt. But I see nothing in what he is doing to suggest that we will improve or settle into an effective style that could see us safe. I don’t mind if we go down but I  want to see us go down fighting and it looks the opposite. Set up to try and not lose, defensive attackers, best players on the bench and no discernible style just adds up to a meek capitulation again in my view. 
The main reason I’m not keen to get rid is that I have zero faith in the powers that be to get the next appointment right. 

• Like 1

Out of interest... Who does everyone want to replace Cooper? Given that sacking Cooper after 6 or 7 matches would send a signal to other managers that we're a basket case club, that flip flop all over the shop. Watford 2.0. And didn't QPR do the same and look at them now. And let's not forget how we ended up in the first division playing Yeovil. 

The whole PSR FFP debacle has cost us dearly in terms of recruitment and choice of managers but it is what it is. No ones coming to save us. No ones getting sacked. No ones replacing Copper. This is all complete fantasy. Total delusion. 

Like it or not, we're stuck with him. Also, at this point in time there are crapper teams below us. The trick to surviving a shark attack, isnt swimming faster than a shark, its swimming faster than the slowest swimmers. 

If we stay up.... And it is a HUGE if, we will have an opportunity to rebuild next season. Chopping and changing this early on will only destabilise further. 

It's going to be an awful season, but we all knew it would be. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Death by Football said:

I’m really conflicted over this. I didn’t particularly want him in the first place but would normally give the benefit of the doubt. But I see nothing in what he is doing to suggest that we will improve or settle into an effective style that could see us safe. I don’t mind if we go down but I  want to see us go down fighting and it looks the opposite. Set up to try and not lose, defensive attackers, best players on the bench and no discernible style just adds up to a meek capitulation again in my view. 
The main reason I’m not keen to get rid is that I have zero faith in the powers that be to get the next appointment right. 

A lot on here saying that the boards unfit to select a decent manager. Rogers was very good for the first couple years and Pearson was magnificent, Raniari exactly what we needed. Ain't to bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Out of interest... Who does everyone want to replace Cooper? Given that sacking Cooper after 6 or 7 matches would send a signal to other managers that we're a basket case club, that flip flop all over the shop. Watford 2.0. And didn't QPR do the same and look at them now. And let's not forget how we ended up in the first division playing Yeovil. 

The whole PSR FFP debacle has cost us dearly in terms of recruitment and choice of managers but it is what it is. No ones coming to save us. No ones getting sacked. No ones replacing Copper. This is all complete fantasy. Total delusion. 

Like it or not, we're stuck with him. Also, at this point in time there are crapper teams below us. The trick to surviving a shark attack, isnt swimming faster than a shark, its swimming faster than the slowest swimmers. 

If we stay up.... And it is a HUGE if, we will have an opportunity to rebuild next season. Chopping and changing this early on will only destabilise further. 

If we haven't started to get results by the end of October, Cooper will be gone. It's a delusion to believe otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Good post.  Majority on this board don't seem to get that.......(tin hat incoming).