Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

VOTE COOPER IN/OUT/WAIT

VOTE: COOPER IN/OUT/WAIT  

553 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to happen?

• Sack him now
    • During Oct international break
    • Still think he will do enough

48 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Yes, he did have a clear plan. It seemed to have been sussed at a lower level, and we weren't even on promotion form for the second half of the season. Quite a few people on here who want Cooper gone also wanted Maresca gone as late as April. Most of us saw that the set-up needed to change. Most were calling for a more flexible tactical approach.

Your hatred of him, though, is just a further example of what's going on, in that some people can't separate their emotions from their ability to reason. Most of his critics decided that on day one. In many ways, if you wanted to defend Cooper or the board, one of the strongest arguments for them would be how unbalanced the criticisms against them have been.

I have serious doubts about the board and Cooper. But you're never going to win those arguments if you're baying for a new manager's blood (newly promoted, at a troubled club which was out of form for some time) after 5 fairly inconclusive games. Bide your time and, if things don't improve, at least nobody will say that it was the tidal wave of pessimism which led to things not working out.

No.

Sack him now.

• Haha 1

So, playing devils advocate (And I know full well i'm gonna get pelters and people rolling their eyes full well knowing what i'm getting at but...)

"Who we gonna get?" and "Be careful what you wish for" (Southgate's waiting in the wings, or we gonna go chasing Potter again?).

Those two statements aren't a reason for keeping Cooper, but neither were they when giving Rodgers for 2 years longer than we should, yet those questions need answering and/or countering.

Perhaps people should have been careful what they wished for and Cooper being appointed is a by-product of that, as was our massive drop in the food chain.  

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

So, playing devils advocate (And I know full well i'm gonna get pelters and people rolling their eyes full well knowing what i'm getting at but...)

"Who we gonna get?" and "Be careful what you wish for" (Southgate's waiting in the wings, or we gonna go chasing Potter again?).

Those two statements aren't a reason for keeping Cooper, but neither were they when giving Rodgers for 2 years longer than we should, yet those questions need answering and/or countering.

Perhaps people should have been careful what they wished for and Cooper being appointed is a by-product of that, as was our massive drop in the food chain.  

Southgate or Potter maybe

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

The options are slightly confusing. my opinion is to sack now 100%. However, I think he will do enough to stay for a while and thats extremely worrying. In fact, he will do enough convince the board to stay well past October and that will not be down to his performance. When I say he will do enough, he could literally do anything and we will go through the motions and sack when is normal in footballer terms. It will be too late be then. 

I think others have already touched upon the fact that it's highly unlikely that Cooper will suddenly have a change of heart with regards to his dubious team selections, his defensive negative set up, playing Fatawu and Mavididi on opposite wings at the same time and Ricardo actually setting foot on the pitch, all of which we deem are needed for our fortunes to change for the better, (we have been isolated glimpses of these "required amendments" and we do look and perform better during these spells) so what's the point in waiting another 5 or 6 games and eeking out a point or two when we need  6 or 7 playing under the constraints of Cooper management that so far yielded 2 meagre points...

Just now, Guppys Love Child said:

I think others have already touched upon the fact that it's highly unlikely that Cooper will suddenly have a change of heart with regards to his dubious team selections, his defensive negative set up, playing Fatawu and Mavididi on opposite wings at the same time and Ricardo actually setting foot on the pitch, all of which we deem are needed for our fortunes to change for the better, (we have been isolated glimpses of these "required amendments" and we do look and perform better during these spells) so what's the point in waiting another 5 or 6 games and eeking out a point or two when we need  6 or 7 playing under the constraints of Cooper management that so far yielded 2 meagre points...

• Like 1

What we have to remember is that we now have to outthink and outfight teams this season. We'll have to be clearly on top and win games outright. As we've seen, referees are able to do enough to affect results to mean we aren't going to be able to nick cagey games, which is basically the best we can hope for under Cooper - in fact it's probably his ideal gameplan. But this won't be allowed to happen enough times to keep us up after we've mugged off the PL.

We need a better manager if we're going to stay up.

55 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Southgate or Potter maybe

We are surely not going to get Southgate, club level I can see him going to Newcastle or Villa Type club if they ever become available or it will be another international job, I can see Potter wanting the England Job or again it will be a top 8 club job he will be wanting 

23 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What we have to remember is that we now have to outthink and outfight teams this season. We'll have to be clearly on top and win games outright.

The issue is Steve Cooper’s premier league win record is not great 

Premier League Records

Matches

Wins

Draws

Losses

Goals For

Goals Against

• Sad 1

Lost little faith in him on Saturday. The lack of direction. The poor start. The complete inability to change what was clearly not working. He has hindered us in every game this season. 

Spurs, in the ascendency and brings on Soumare. 

Fatawu or Mavididi, never both.

Reid over Mavididi

Palace and Hamza as the defensive 10

Faes over Jannick

Riccy over Justin

3 as you were subs on Saturday. 

There are just to many WTF moments. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Premier League Records

Matches

Wins

Draws

Losses

Goals For

Goals Against

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, the blokes dog muck and miles off it. I'm just trying to persuade the 39%.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Premier League Records

Matches

Wins

Draws

Losses

Goals For

Goals Against

Fantastic! gerrimin! Oh shit  the stats  there seem about right, but no matter, give him more time he will get it right, one day surely, hang on we seem a bit crap as are his choices, team selection subs etc, so what, give him a good few more games before judging