Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muzzy_no7

VOTE COOPER IN/OUT/WAIT

VOTE: COOPER IN/OUT/WAIT  

552 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to happen?

• Sack him now
    • During Oct international break
    • Still think he will do enough

We need to make a change because he doesn't have what it takes to keep us up. I think the squad is good enough but his use of them isn't. If we go down this season without a points deduction then we would have just been better off letting the PL screw us this year, because the EFL will do everything to screw us next year.

8 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Good post.  Majority on this board don't seem to get that.......(tin hat incoming).

Get what? The bit about there not being an obvious candidate to replace Cooper (which is true) or the bit about the board sticking with Cooper no matter what (which is bollocks)?

What will buy him time is that all of these games have been close. I think they'll only consider it if we start losing by two or more goals several games in a row fairly soon. I've not been impressed and highly doubt he will turn it around but something really drastic has to go wrong to get the boot after five games so we are likely stuck with him for a while longer.

The majority of people on here wanted him going before he even started. That is just crazy. No club is going to sack a manger after 5 games. None. Be realistic. He will probably get till Xmas if things are bad enough and we are in the relegation zone. 

Yes clearly there have been errors and a sense to defensive at times. But I repeat. No club is sacking a manger they only just appointed. 

Edited by Hack
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Out of interest... Who does everyone want to replace Cooper? Given that sacking Cooper after 6 or 7 matches would send a signal to other managers that we're a basket case club, that flip flop all over the shop. Watford 2.0. And didn't QPR do the same and look at them now. And let's not forget how we ended up in the first division playing Yeovil. 

The whole PSR FFP debacle has cost us dearly in terms of recruitment and choice of managers but it is what it is. No ones coming to save us. No ones getting sacked. No ones replacing Copper. This is all complete fantasy. Total delusion. 

Like it or not, we're stuck with him. Also, at this point in time there are crapper teams below us. The trick to surviving a shark attack, isnt swimming faster than a shark, its swimming faster than the slowest swimmers. 

If we stay up.... And it is a HUGE if, we will have an opportunity to rebuild next season. Chopping and changing this early on will only destabilise further. 

It's going to be an awful season, but we all knew it would be. 

so we'd look like a basket case sacking now but not sacking if we stay up. and if we do stay up and keep him, what does building look like? replacing more of our squad with bottom half cloggers after one last paycheck to block youth progression? no thanks, I don't want to see Braybrooke and Alves go elsewhere for first team football because we've filled the squad with James Mc-****ing-Arthur and Harry Arters 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

If we haven't started to get results by the end of October, Cooper will be gone. It's a delusion to believe otherwise.

I bet you 50p he will still be here end of October regardless of results. And when he is I'd like a picture of you with two friend eggs placed over your face. Ta. 

19 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

I bet you 50p he will still be here end of October regardless of results. And when he is I'd like a picture of you with two friend eggs placed over your face. Ta. 

Taken literally, your comment suggests that he won't be sacked even if we lose all of our games between now and then. Do you really believe that? My prediction is that if we don't win any of our next four league games, even if we pick up a couple of points with draws, he'll be sacked before the home game against Man Utd.

As for the picture, I think I already have one of those from my student days...

5 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

We've actually done better than I thought ! If you look at the squad, it clearly lacks quality. Our defence is well organised and weve broken up play well. These people who are saying attack, attack, attack are naive, we'll get thrashed.

I think the tactics have been OK considering we don't have any flair players in midfield who can control the game and attackers who are past their prime. It's going to be a dogfight for the whole season just to stay up. 

I'd give him another 5 games and see where we're at.

Not beating teams like Everton at home is a death sentence in this league 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

He could get enough points to keep us up but it’s a massive risk. We’d need to guarantee Moyes for me to think about getting rid of him. Very limited with descent managers at the minute 

That you've heard of*

14 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He's won 12 out of 60 PL games, I can't believe there's people that think he just needs time. 55 points in 60 games. 11 points in his last 18 PL games.

xG  - 19th

xGA - 13th

Shots - 19th 

SoT - 18th 

Shot distance - 20th 

Our fixtures have been relatively kind too, 3 home games plus Palace and Fulham away. 

It's not going to click at any point because he's a negative manager.

What’s your preferred Tipple? 

12 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

He could get enough points to keep us up but it’s a massive risk. We’d need to guarantee Moyes for me to think about getting rid of him. Very limited with descent managers at the minute 

it's not limited with decent managers, although I'll grant you that Rudkin thinks abroad is who is in charge of the womens team so we're not going to go for a Roger Schmidt or Sergio Conceicao

We needed a point from Villa and three against Everton for a good start to the season

Draws at home to anyone that isn’t Liverpool, City or Arsenal are essentially defeats in this league

Coopers Forest stayed up because he could win home games if he can’t do it here we’re dead and buried 

• Like 3

personally, i thought we would only have 2 points max at this stage so having 3 is better than i was expecting...!

Aside from Spurs (where we could easily have been beaten by H-T!), i haven't seen us play this season so not as well placed as others to comment on quality of play, tactics etc BUT..... with the current group of players we have at our disposal, does anyone really think that we should have any realistic expectations beyond simply managing to stay up???

Avoiding relegation this season will be an achievement for any manager regardless of whether we sack Cooper or not...? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

We already have a descent manager.. That's the problem !! We need someone to move up .. not down .

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Taken literally, your comment suggests that he won't be sacked even if we lose all of our games between now and then. Do you really believe that? My prediction is that if we don't win any of our next four league games, even if we pick up a couple of points with draws, he'll be sacked before the home game against Man Utd.

As for the picture, I think I already have one of those from my student days...

He categorically will NOT be sacked in October! 

Edited by Mr.Bingles

3 hours ago, MattFox said:

We needed a point from Villa and three against Everton for a good start to the season

Draws at home to anyone that isn’t Liverpool, City or Arsenal are essentially defeats in this league

Coopers Forest stayed up because he could win home games if he can’t do it here we’re dead and buried 

Can't agree that home draws to anyone outside the 3 teams mentioned are essentially defeats. The points are still vital. Not saying all is well but please don't overstate