Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Walsall Match Thread

People can talk about the step up to the premier league being too much when they try to defend Cooper and our current position, but today is a clear example of why Cooper will fail.  There is no tactic other than to play a high fullback. That's his philosophy.  And there's no rhyme or reason to it as it doesn't prove to be successful.

We are up against a League 2 team and it's an even contest with Walsall having had the better (only) chances.  Under Enzoball, even with this 2nd string, we'd be passing them off the park. Whether that would have resulted in us taking the lead we'll never know, but we'd certainly be in the ascendancy just as we were at Champ level.

Coopers system wants to create an overload where the high fullback is the extra man out wide, where Enzo made the inverted fullback his extra man centrally. Whilst Coopers version isn't getting us any joy going forward, it also leaves us far more exposed through the middle as your 'extra man' is out to the side of the pitch away from the play.  At least in Enzoball that extra body made playing through us more difficult if it wasn't helping going forward.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bit of half time trivia for you all to pass the time.

What is the name of the pub on Coronation Street?

I'll be revealing the answer at the end of the half time interval — no cheating!

Rovers Return

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

One of the worst halves of football in a long time. 

Beating our own record of the worst half in the English pyramid this season.

My Sunday league team is a close second, conceding 4 in the opening 10.

I'm still deciding which is worse, the fact we still have a team with Ward (good save btw) Thomas and Soumare (been OK tonight) or Justin's comments from Saturday about the players being naive to the fight Everton would bring 

I don't know what to say anymore 🤣