Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Walsall Match Thread

22 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I wonder what Rudkin is thinking after giving Vesty a contract initially and getting no return on him, only for him to have a brilliant season and earn a renewal. Now exactly the same situation. 

Could only happen here.

I guess what comes around goes around, it's like Football Hokey Cokey, in out, in out, shake 'em all about.

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Or Iversen.

Wait... He hates Danes! Was his great-great-great... Etc... parents' village pillaged by vikings?

That theory will gain more weight when he drops Hermansen for Ward for the Arsenal game 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

This match was crying out for El Khanouss to start after an underwhelming debut.  He needs to get some minutes and confidence.

Hmmmm exciting youngster who needs minutes or Big Bouba Soumare, I know which one I’d choose

• Like 2

Soumare aside I think there's a lot of overreaction to that lineup. Should get the job done comfortably.  Would prefer Golding in there. Alves and El K can get some decent second half minutes.  Reid and Edouard offered an opportunity to build some confidence.  Walsall are league two so it's fitting we're playing a league two goalkeeper between the sticks in the interests of fairness.  Proper sporting gesture.

No need to shit on Thomas though. 

I do wonder if Cooper is thinking about playing Soumare in the league now (not start), or if he's just using him here to avoid potential injuries to more important players.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

This match was crying out for El Khanouss to start after an underwhelming debut.  He needs to get some minutes and confidence.

When has the blatantly bleeding obvious ever stopped the cooperman from doing what he wants?

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Sorry lads and lasses, I’ve tried but I keep coming back to the same thought. 

GET THIS FOREST LOVING SHIT BASTARD OUT OF OUR CLUB. 

Apologies for those who are trying to be positive but his team selections make me want to punch people. 

And the FT 'Absolutely NOT sitting on the fence award' goes to......

13 minutes ago, Hammo said:

We’re back to the Rodgers situation. Is it sabotage? Or is he just plain stupid?

Idk why it's so difficult to understand. These self declared managers are like politicians. They don't have a clue, they don't care, they're detached from logic and reality. They get the job within a private wealth circle, agents/owners/board members are in this circle of elitism and corruption. They're all feeded by the consumers, the fans of the once upon a time  beautiful game. There are ofc some exceptions but they're just this, exceptions. 

I know now I'm going to be accused of conspiracy, doom, negativity etc but I don't care. I'm stating facts. If someone can give me a valid reason why Ward is starting in front of Iversen, why Vesty is at home playing EA FC25 and why Soumare is on the first XI I'll take all my above rant back and apologise. 

13 minutes ago, DezFox said:

In my opinion he is not likeable at all. He’s a stranger, doesn’t feel like one of us (so to speak) 

Fairs. Maybe I meant I want to like him. And he's not abhorrent, a la Rodgers. 

Either way, he's out his depth. Shakey was too. It's no shame. I think we as fans underestimate the pressure of our job. Our fans are weird and undemonstrative but we are as passive aggressive as is possible to be. 

New exciting midfielder signs. Unproven at this level. Needs minutes, so….

Throw him into a competitive relegation 6 pointer  

Midweek league one opponents, arguably not as much pressure - nah **** that. 

too many questionable decisions. 

• Like 3

Just seen the lineup, and i'm now sure Cooper is still on Forests payroll. He's been sent here specifically to turn us into the laughing stock of English football. Job done Cooper, now fk off please. Only consolation to me is, i'm saving about £2K a season as I won't be going while that clown is there. Sincerely hope Walsall win 5-0 tonight. And that from an old guy who's  been watching City for nearly 70 years.

Soumaré, Ward, Coady instead of Vesty, Thomas instead of trying JJ on the left and Ricky on the right, Reid instead of Bilal and don't get me starts about Alves (who he MAY bring on around 89 minutes) 

This guy needs to go, simple. We may well win today but that's really not the point. We need to start players who want to be here and will hopefully play a part in the rest of the season. Not players like Soumaré who I've been shouting to leave our club for years! The guy is a joke of a footballer and any manager who wants to play him is also a joke. 

• Like 3