Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Walsall Match Thread

Steve’s clearly had a bust up with Vestergaard, he won’t be happy with him questioning his decision making during the last international window and shock now he’s nowhere to be seen.

Our best RB is being made to play Carabao cup games against League 2 opposition, despite goals constantly coming down our right hand side in the league 

Bilal wasn’t great in first start on Saturday and could have done with a confidence boost in the cup. Golding should be playing instead of Soumare and Alves should be playing over BDCR. Fatawu no doubt is being played on the left wing because Steve is adamant he can get him playing well from that position so he can rotate him with Mavididi and keep Ayew constantly on the right.

Basically anything that was logical, Steve hasn’t done. Nice one Steve. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Soumare aside I think there's a lot of overreaction to that lineup. Should get the job done comfortably.  Would prefer Golding in there. Alves and El K can get some decent second half minutes.  Reid and Edouard offered an opportunity to build some confidence.  Walsall are league two so it's fitting we're playing a league two goalkeeper between the sticks in the interests of fairness.  Proper sporting gesture.

No need to shit on Thomas though. 

I do wonder if Cooper is thinking about playing Soumare in the league now (not start), or if he's just using him here to avoid potential injuries to more important players.

Like Ricardo?

I can't wait until Cooper is gone. Genuinely cannot wait.

What is that side? What is he doing with our young and most talented players? 

Please sack him at the earliest possible moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

This match was crying out for El Khanouss to start after an underwhelming debut.  He needs to get some minutes and confidence.

You have to think like Cooper. Yes it makes sense to give ‘EL’ a start to get over his weekend debut but if you add the Cooper factor to the decision, which is to think the exact opposite of logic, then it makes every sense to not play him. Applying the Cooper factor will help us all process his Ricardo hate, his Alves hate and his Vesty absolute hate. (They are all good footballers so they should be dropped) It helps understand his obsession with playing Fatawu on the left - (he’s only really a threat on the right so play him on the left) his signing of BDCR, (he’s not anywhere near as good as Mavididi so start the season with him ahead of Stephy). You can also apply the Cooper factor to understand his Ayew being knackered blindness, his soft spot for Ward and his preference for setting up to draw or narrowly lose games he should be trying to win. 

Absolutely mental reaction to a team selection- I was more annoyed with Saturdays team that he put kannous in and wilted to the pressure of not having the 3 solid midfielders- felt like he betrayed himself - anyway this reaction tonight is bonkers - apart from the obvious hate for ward ,soumare and Thomas which I 100% share the rest of the team is absolutely sound - I will say it again - he can’t afford to blood the kids - he needs to win games or the pressure just ups - he has gone for solid experienced players that should walk through this game - I’m not saying for a second they will or I completely agree but I can definitely understand it - and let’s not over react - mcateer was average in the championship and Alves hasn’t been fancied by anyone full stop - get behind the team 

Edited by jv1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Absolutely mental reaction to a team selection- I was more annoyed with Saturdays team that he put kannous in and wilted to the pressure of not having the 3 solid midfielders- felt like he betrayed himself - anyway this reaction tonight is bonkers - apart from the obvious hate for ward and soumare which I 100% share the rest of the team is absolutely sound - I will say it again - he can’t afford to blood the kids - he needs to win games or the pressure just ups - he has gone for solid experienced players that should walk through this game - I’m not saying for a second they will or I completely agree but I can definitely understand it - and let’s not over react - mcateer was average in the championship and Alves hasn’t been fancied by anyone full stop - get behind the team 

Before Alves injury he was breaking through into the first team? You do remember he got injured right? 

Just now, hejammy said:

Before Alves injury he was breaking through into the first team? You do remember he got injured right? 

And you do remember he hasn’t played since and they see him train every day and we don’t 

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Think about those of us unable to watch the match because we're abusing the free bar in a Frankfurt airport lounge. Currently on pint 7 with an hour before boarding. 

Think about the UFS lad that should have flown home from Italy yesterday, but is now there until Thursday due to 2 cancelled flights! No free bar either.