Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Walsall Post Match Thread 0-0 3-0 on pens

Not sure I've ever been a bit disappointed we won a game. What a weird feeling.

Too many negatives to type out, and no energy after that to do so anyway.

Cooper has no idea what he's doing, and the players know it.

Onto the next round, anyway!

• Like 1

Just now, An Away Move said:

Alves learned that Cooper will not nurture him. 

It's so sad. Also - watching Ricardo tonight - you could often see him bombing forward and then slamming on the brakes and heading back(presumably following instructions - because he's a professional and wants to please the manager). Yet Thomas was allowed free reign up the left. Shocking. I really don't know what the plan is. Walsall deserved to win.

• Like 1

Last season I remember watching the Preston home game thinking this is the most comfortable I've ever been watching a Leicester City game. I knew we were fantastic and I knew we would win. We were in complete control.

This, tonight, was a world away from that. We had a taste of what we could be under Maresca. We need another coach like that because games like that are just not good enough.

Absolutely no coherence to our play. We've gone from being able to pass Championship teams to death to not being able to string a move together against a League Two team.

Sure, we looked okay in moments tonight. But we never imposed ourselves on the game. We never took real control and forced the issue. If we can't do that with our senior players, why aren't we giving some of our fearless youngsters a go.

I'm willing to believe this was just a stodgy midweek game in a competition we're not focusing on, but performances need real improvement.

• Like 2

Ayew is a ****ing donkey.

Fatawu has completely lost his mojo.

Choudhury was a decent squad option in the Championship but has no place in a PL outfit.

I am so angry at the performance. Loose, sloppy, slow. Didn't look like they were interested at all.

The cup games should have been the death knell for Rodgers - it was at that point 2 years ago that it became clear he was done, and the club stuck with him until it was too late.

We cannot make the same mistake with Cooper.

That was absolutely embarrassing. Dire football against a supposedly far inferior opposition. 

He has to go.

• Like 2