Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Walsall Post Match Thread 0-0 3-0 on pens

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Terrible performance. Facundo tried but didn’t play well and mcateer in his cameo bought a bit of pace and looked eager. The rest were embarrassing! 

it’s going to be a long old 90 minutes on Saturday can’t see Arsenal needing to time waste like they did on Sunday! 

Buonanotte was trying too hard. I normally feel like that’s a tell tale sign that not everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet, when you’ve got one player trying to do everything and the others just strolling about. 

I do feel for Cooper, he comes across as genuinely nice bloke, he means well but he just doesn’t have a grasp on this squad for one reason or another. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Buonanotte was trying too hard. I normally feel like that’s a tell tale sign that not everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet, when you’ve got one player trying to do everything and the others just strolling about. 

I do feel for Cooper, he comes across as genuinely nice bloke, he means well but he just doesn’t have a grasp on this squad for one reason or another. 

Yeah he ran into traffic far too many times. But probably because he felt he had to keep trying things. He's a tidy player. But he's not James Maddison - yet. So needed to ship it on quicker. 

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don't think feel for him is the right term. He is clearly out his depth, he doesnt seem to watch and learn, he seems to watch and repeat - whether this is line ups or tactics.

He'll be paid hansomly and will get a large cheque when we bin him. He'll be fine, just probably won't get a top job again. 

4 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I don't think feel for him is the right term. He is clearly out his depth, he doesnt seem to watch and learn, he seems to watch and repeat - whether this is line ups or tactics.

He'll be paid hansomly and will get a large cheque when we bin him. He'll be fine, just probably won't get a top job again. 

He must realise that this is his last chance in the PL.

Personally, if that was me I’d try everything possible. I’d inevitably get sacked for making too many changes and confusing players. I’d also be on the end of some big drubbings, but might offer some excitement along the way.

That thought process then leads you to the route which keeps your job for a month or two longer; cautious, defensive, low risk style of play and experienced players…. Voila!!

Cooper’s game plan. He knows he’s out of his depth, we know it, does the Board know it (or care)? 

Given the BOD are also out of their depth none of this is a surprise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dr.o.ball said:

I still believe Enzo could not do with us what he is with Chelsea. As you can see we just do not have that calibre of player. Lucky break for him and us I think, because if we're guessing like you are, then we would have been tonked 4.0 by acouple of teams already.

Sorry to disagree but you're wrong , Enzo would have improved the squad to his liking and continued to build success here.

Yes even I wasn't happy with everything I seen but I knew we were a work in progress.

If only the Club could have backed him the way they did Rogers he may be still here. And I understand why they couldn't.

He's the best Coach I've seen in my time in the game.

I know Pep is the manager at Man City but I sometimes think their success has as much to do with Enzo's Coaching when he was there.

Just watch him continue to build success at Chelsea and think that could have been us if he was still here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

I thought this, but Enzo’s Chelsea play almost nothing like Enzo’s Leicester did last season! None of this slow build up, possession obsessed football. They go for it. 

Would've been us this season with Enzo. Every team in this league would try and press us from the front which is why they get lots of space in midfield (e.g Bournemouth, Chelsea in the cup). Last season, nearly every team sat back and we had to break them down which Enzo also didn't really get credit for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Sorry to disagree but you're wrong , Enzo would have improved the squad to his liking and continued to build success here.

Yes even I wasn't happy with everything I seen but I knew we were a work in progress.

If only the Club could have backed him the way they did Rogers he may be still here. And I understand why they couldn't.

I know Pep is the manager at Man City but I sometimes think their success has as much to do with Enzo's Coaching when he was there.

Just watch him continue to build success at Chelsea and think that could have been us if he was still here.

I think Enzo was brilliant for us too and loved what he was doing at our club. The players loved him and he gave academy lads chances and belief. However he was never going to stay when Chelsea came in for him no matter what the club might have tried. There really ought to be some protection for promoted clubs having their manager poached on arrival into the Premier League. It’s hard enough to stay up without being scalped on arrival. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Wow we're worlds apart, best coach, I'm not sure about that. He did, very nearly, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory last season...you gotta admit it was squeaky bum time my friend and I witnessed some shocking play at the KP last season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

"they're here, they're there, they're every ****ing where, Coopers Eyes, Coopers Eyes....

they're here, they're there, they're every ****ing where, Coopers Eyes, Coopers Eyes...."

Wiggly Eyes GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Dunno why, but Steve Cooper reminds me of Albert Steptoe (Wilfrid Brambell), on the right.

Albert Steptoe1.jpg

Edited by String fellow

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Enzo left us after telling us it was a five year project.  He left us with the excuse, he didn't know about the ffp charges against us and the potential points deduction.  Not only did he leave us he

took the vast majority of the Coaches with him.

Whether or not we would have succeeded with him in charge in the premier league honestly who knows.  

He will build success at Chelsea because they have a pool of 43 players (even Enzo says that is too many and he only wants to work with 26) they have an owner that will break the bank for them, at all costs.  International players are also drawn to the bright lights of London and them being a top 6 side.  

Only thing that surprises me, is he isn't playing the same style of football he did with us.  No more boring sideways and backwards football.

I am disappointed in Enzo in the way he left our club.  It was days after he stood on the balcony at the clock tower making out he was some sort of god.  He must have known then he was jumping ship.  

Enzo was also one of many coaches at Man City.  

In my eyes the man is a traitor, and shouldn't be looked upon as some sort of tactical genius.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dr.o.ball said:

Wow we're worlds apart, best coach, I'm not sure about that. He did, very nearly, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory last season...you gotta admit it was squeaky bum time my friend and I witnessed some shocking play at the KP last season.

Yes there was some poor performances near the end but I'd put that down more to the players tiredness and anything else. Early season there were also some great games.  

The mere fact he has Chelsea playing a different system shows he no one trick pony.

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes there was some poor performances near the end but I'd put that down more to the players tiredness and anything else. Early season there were also some great games.  

The mere fact he has Chelsea playing a different system shows he no one trick pony.

Honestly hand on heart rooting for him at Chelsea, but Man City did fine without him last year. If he does succeed at Chelsea then he is a good manager because plenty have failed there before him. He's no traitor for me, there's no loyalty in football, never has been. 

• Like 1

I’m so glad I didn’t have to travel far home after the game and as I know a few people who work for Walsall including their mascot who took a better shot at half time than most in blue !

Had a drink with them in the locker and they said they were quite disappointed with Leicester as they were looking forward to a decent match the only things they moaned about was their penalty takers awful penalties !

32 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Enzo left us after telling us it was a five year project.  He left us with the excuse, he didn't know about the ffp charges against us and the potential points deduction.  Not only did he leave us he

took the vast majority of the Coaches with him.

Whether or not we would have succeeded with him in charge in the premier league honestly who knows.  

He will build success at Chelsea because they have a pool of 43 players (even Enzo says that is too many and he only wants to work with 26) they have an owner that will break the bank for them, at all costs.  International players are also drawn to the bright lights of London and them being a top 6 side.  

Only thing that surprises me, is he isn't playing the same style of football he did with us.  No more boring sideways and backwards football.

I am disappointed in Enzo in the way he left our club.  It was days after he stood on the balcony at the clock tower making out he was some sort of god.  He must have known then he was jumping ship.  

Enzo was also one of many coaches at Man City.  

In my eyes the man is a traitor, and shouldn't be looked upon as some sort of tactical genius.

Chelsea will always be bigger than us and so can attract players. That doesn't mean we cant compete if we find the right players and Manager.

How many Managers have tried and failed at Chelsea in recent seasons including Potter , Potch etc. While spending a fortune in the process.

Enzo joins and has them competing at the top end just like he done here. That must prove something of his ability.

The fact they are playing a different system just proves how good a Coach he is that he can decide the Tactics based on the Players at his disposal.

I think things soured between Enzo and the Club when they didn't back him in the January Window in signing the Italian lad. Which seemed badly handled by the Club. 

The problem with the Coaches is universal in the game but he got a lot of the Coaches to join us when he came. So I guess they were going to stay with him when he left.

We'll never know how far he would have taken us now but I sure would have liked to see him continue the journey.

Unlike the mess we're in now where we don't even know when the next win will come.