Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrispinLA in Texas

BDCR-Ayew-Edouard

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

and yet all played in the prem last season quite adequately…

Adequately. Two of them well into their 30s and never really outside the bottom quarter of PL players at their peak. The other, let’s face it, looks like his 7 goal best ever season may be his peak!

I wish they were all loanees

Harsh to say anything about Edouard on one showing in what was essentially a reserve team game.

Ayew has been okay I think, he’s never going to set the world on fire, but you know exactly what you’re going to get week in, week out, in a way a perfect Albrighton replacement, all though different players.

BDCR, I though this was a shrewd pickup in the offseason, but so far the less said the better. He’s not really got going has he. 
I’m really interested to see what the season looks like for these 3, see how this thread looks in May.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I thought BDR would look tidier than he has tbh, he's been the biggest disappointment for me. Fulham fans seemed genuinely gutted he'd gone and not just through sentiment, but he looks clumsy and inefficient.

Never wanted Ayew despite people in the transfer threads telling anyone who didn't fancy him about how their "Palace supporting mates love him" so had no expectations. I'd rather he didn't start. Can't believe we paid cash for him.

Eduoard will end the season with a Wikipedia entry of:

→ Leicester City (loan) 31(4)

At least we're not stuck with Eduoard beyond this season's mess.

It’s the same affection many of ours had for players like Nugent, was a great servant for us but we all knew he wouldn’t have been god enough to stick around 

BDCR has shown absolutely nothing in the games so far, such a nothing signing. Should be nowhere near the team with Mavididi and Fatawu clearly the better options. 

Ayew is an odd one, does a job but it isn’t the job of a goalscorer.

Eduoard early to say but he really was hopeless tonight. 

• Like 1

Shocking signings really. Their ceiling has always been bang average and the only one who will be missed by the fans at their previous clubs will be Ayew. But that, itself, is purely based on previous endeavour rather than any expectation of future output. 

I’d much rather us have taken a punt on younger players from the Championship or abroad who might have had something to prove. They might not have worked out, but at least there would have been some hope. These players are proven at PL level, but at a fairly low quality even if they’re at their best

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Harsh to say anything about Edouard on one showing in what was essentially a reserve team game.

Ayew has been okay I think, he’s never going to set the world on fire, but you know exactly what you’re going to get week in, week out, in a way a perfect Albrighton replacement, all though different players.

BDCR, I though this was a shrewd pickup in the offseason, but so far the less said the better. He’s not really got going has he. 
I’m really interested to see what the season looks like for these 3, see how this thread looks in May.

thing with Edouard is, he has recently signed a new deal at Palace so where is his incentive to do well here and show Palace he's worth a place in their team?

4 minutes ago, Royston. said:

thing with Edouard is, he has recently signed a new deal at Palace so where is his incentive to do well here and show Palace he's worth a place in their team?

I’d say that’s quite simple, if he wants to play every week and force his way into the Palace team, he needs to score goals here. Yes he’s got the contract, but if he wants to play he needs the opportunity to prove his worth and score goals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

Adequately. Two of them well into their 30s and never really outside the bottom quarter of PL players at their peak. The other, let’s face it, looks like his 7 goal best ever season may be his peak!

I wish they were all loanees

please  don’t take  my comment as being fans of them…

but we can’t use their age  negatively when we are pinning most of our hope in a 37 year old…

and I’m sorry but bottom quarter of the prem is our level right now… I’d be delighted if we stayed up..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I’d say that’s quite simple, if he wants to play every week and force his way into the Palace team, he needs to score goals here. Yes he’s got the contract, but if he wants to play he needs the opportunity to prove his worth and score goals.

if he was out of contract at the end of the season that could happen but he can go back to his club and be guaranteed his wages regardless of whether he flops here.

I cant see him being up for a fight which is clearly what its going to take for us to avoid relegation.

He is only here cos they signed Nkeita. He has nothing to prove and maybe disappointed he has to come to a joke club like this anyway.

2 hours ago, FoxesTez said:

BDCR has shown absolutely nothing in the games so far, such a nothing signing. Should be nowhere near the team with Mavididi and Fatawu clearly the better options. 

Ayew is an odd one, does a job but it isn’t the job of a goalscorer.

Eduoard early to say but he really was hopeless tonight. 

But Ayew is keeping fatawu out....  yes ayew can do a non goal scoring job... but we need goals.

Let's hope Vardy can stay fit and give 70-80 mins a game as none of those 3 are going to get goals. 

Eduoard was very poor last night and BDCR was not much better. No threat going forward. 

I think that a striker needed in January window that can offer a goal threat when Vardy comes off. 

Edited by Corbee