Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrispinLA in Texas

BDCR-Ayew-Edouard

8 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I thought BDR would look tidier than he has tbh, he's been the biggest disappointment for me. Fulham fans seemed genuinely gutted he'd gone and not just through sentiment, but he looks clumsy and inefficient.

Never wanted Ayew despite people in the transfer threads telling anyone who didn't fancy him about how their "Palace supporting mates love him" so had no expectations. I'd rather he didn't start. Can't believe we paid cash for him.

Eduoard will end the season with a Wikipedia entry of:

Leicester City (loan) 31(4)

At least we're not stuck with Eduoard beyond this season's mess.

I think it is useful to get the views of people who watch players week in, week out.... My 'palace supporting mates' were fairly positive. They said he worked hard and wins free kicks. Pretty accurate. I think they realised their comments wouldn't influence the transfer....

10 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I think it is useful to get the views of people who watch players week in, week out.... My 'palace supporting mates' were fairly positive. They said he worked hard and wins free kicks. Pretty accurate. I think they realised their comments wouldn't influence the transfer....

They didn't influence it?!

9 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

All 3 Cooper signings.

BDCR...you never see him in the game.

Edouard didn't look likely to score

Ayew 🤷 can only fall over to get free kicks.

Once we were admired for good signing but now we stink.

My only positive is that these were all Cooper's and not are recruitment board

How do you know this, out of interest?

Just now, filbertway said:

You can make a pretty educated guess that he had a big say in their signings, based on the fact that the only phrase that came out of Coopers gob for 6 weeks was "Premier league experience"

That was also plastered on here as well. People were defending the BCR signing at the time (not me personally, I've never rated him let alone at the end of his career).

But as always we blame Rudkin when we like the manager but blame the manager when we don't like the manager lol 

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm shocked to see that players deemed no longer good enough for Fulham and Crystal Palace have led to us being a comfortably worse side than Fulham and Crystal Palace.

Imagine someone tells you that two years ago.

Fulham offered BDR a new contract, so wanted to keep him. I imagine Ayew would have also got quite a few minutes with Palace this season if we hadn’t come in with a decent offer. 
They were decent signings for us in our situation on a budget. I’m willing to give Edouard more than a few minutes before judging him too. 

We are a club aiming for 17th this season. People need to remember that rather than going on about the good times from a few years ago. 

Edited by Viva

9 hours ago, MPH said:

and yet all played in the prem last season quite adequate

“Hi Coops, welcome to today’s recruitment meeting. What one word would you like to sum up your potential new signings?”

Edited by VLC86

9 hours ago, MPH said:

and yet all played in the prem last season quite adequately…

So did Ryan Bertrand.

I think a lot of it past the age of 32 is about being a fixture at a club, knowing the staff, knowing the squad and having a certain position. 

That mental stuff is a big factor in the way a player turns out on the pitch. All of a sudden you're in a new place and you're not established. Then you're a bit older, a bit slower, and you aren't riding that wave with a bunch of familiar players and suddenly you're a lot less sure of yourself.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

How do you know this, out of interest?

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

You can make a pretty educated guess that he had a big say in their signings, based on the fact that the only phrase that came out of Coopers gob for 6 weeks was "Premier league experience"

He wanted experience, but it doesn't mean he's personally picked them. Quite clearly we didn't have the budget to go out and get players in their premier league prime. So the scouting team would have identified what we could afford... and here we are. 

• Like 1

BDCR and Ayew have seemingly been signed to play in this stupid system that Cooper uses. I genuinely don't believe they are bad players. I think Ayew can be useful if used right. Ultimately either one of them playing (or both) prevents the likes of Fatawu, Bilal or Facundo getting a run in the team. It's all far too safe and boring. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I thought BDR would look tidier than he has tbh, he's been the biggest disappointment for me. Fulham fans seemed genuinely gutted he'd gone and not just through sentiment, but he looks clumsy and inefficient.

Never wanted Ayew despite people in the transfer threads telling anyone who didn't fancy him about how their "Palace supporting mates love him" so had no expectations. I'd rather he didn't start. Can't believe we paid cash for him.

Eduoard will end the season with a Wikipedia entry of:

Leicester City (loan) 31(4)

At least we're not stuck with Eduoard beyond this season's mess.

We're not using Ayew correctly at all. Should be coming off the bench to see games out.

But completely agree with Edouard and BDCR.

2 hours ago, VLC86 said:

“Hi Coops, welcome to today’s recruitment meeting. What one word would you like to sum up your potential new signings?”

bang average players should  mean  a bang average league position and that would mean staying up… that was always going to be our target this season.