Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dooflip

Player revolt…

23 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

At the end of the day Rudkin and co got lucky with Maresca, there wasnt a brain transplant and a realization that this was the direction we should go. There was a coin flip. 

You can tell the competence being an appointment based on the contenders for a job

KP have been useless at manageriak choices since day 1. Sven FFS. It's the equivalent of me pitching a movie script and being asked who I've got in mind for the lead role;

'errrrr, Tom Cruise!' 

Then Pearson. Who was appointed not after exhaustive research, but coz Birch suggested him. 

Rainieri was along the lines of Sven old,.famous ergo must be half decent. Puel, Maresca - gonna guess Rudkin trying to show off that he knew what he was doing. When secretly he'd just copied Southampton (in both cases, as they went after Maresca too) 

Rodgers stinks of his own agent pitching us. 

Smith, Cooper. Jeez. 

9 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It's pretty obvious Vesty has had a fall out. No surprise there. He's an uber self-assured individual and I'd guess has a high opinion of himself..

I’ve seen many interviews with him and never thought he seemed arrogant, just confident. He’s wasn’t a starter for Denmark for many years, has never uttered any complaint and seems to get along fine there.

Do we really know if he has done anything wrong here?

40 minutes ago, Filbert Fireworks said:

We've drawn with Palace, Tottenham, Everton

Lost by 1 goal to Villa and Fulham. 

15th in the league. 

4 games the players worked hard. 

1game Everton it was a bad day at the office. 

Think we need some objectivity here. 

Threw away a 2 goal lead at Palace, could and should of been about 5 down at half time against Spurs if Solanke could finish. Villa he had an opportunity to push and make subs when we were on top in the game, he didn't, Villa did and then went ahead. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Even if they didn’t like him (pretty sure the majority did), they clearly respected him. 

That's the thing. They're professionals. liking or not liking the manager isn't really as important as believing he knows what he is doing. They believed in Enzo, especially early on and it seems they think that Cooper hasn't got a clue what he's doing. They've experienced good tactics. They know he's out of his depth. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

I’ve seen many interviews with him and never thought he seemed arrogant, just confident. He’s wasn’t a starter for Denmark for many years, has never uttered any complaint and seems to get along fine there.

Do we really know if he has done anything wrong here?

Signing a 3-year contract maybe?

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Don’t agree with this at all. King power has always tried to appoint a manager who will play like Man City…. Sousa, Sven, Puel, Rodgers and Maresca all known for trying to play ‘football’… Cooper himself at Swansea adopted the is style, but this was probably due to Graham Potter. 

They certainly didn’t flip a coin with Maresca, the club generally get managerial

appointments right. 

Shakespeare, Pearson? Neither they nor Cooper had a solid history of that kind of football.

All their managers have something in common - convenience. Most because they’ve managed in that division before and are usually readily available, want the job etc. They are the very basic choices someone who isn’t a professional would pluck out of thin air.

Shakey was clearly well out of his depth but we kept him on full time anyway cos hey why not. Puel was a terrible appointment that did not progress the club (he wasn’t the DOF or the scout so his credit for signings is limited), Sven and Sousa were really poor appointments. Even if you could argue some of these were ok appointments in the short term, many were kept on way too long and left the club in a similar or worse position. Rodgers the best example of course.

Others did very well of course but I’ve always maintained there was no deep scouting or thought put into choosing them like you see with Brighton.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, izzymuzzet said:

I don't agree with this. After the first year or so of Sousa and Sven, and until Cooper, they haven't made an appointment you'd call a failure.

Pearson 2.0: Rebuilt the club, got promotion, stayed up

Ranieri: Greatest achievement in the history of team sport

Shakey: Comfortably avoided relegation when we looked doomed, that magical night against Sevilla

Puel: Rebuilt an ageing team, re-established us as a comfortable mid table PL side

Rodgers: For two years we played scintilating football and competed with the best

Smith: Too short a reign to judge really

Maresca: Rejuventated a demoralised squad and got promoted at the first time of asking

The main issue since Vichai passed was being far too slow to recognise Rodgers was no longer working. Hopefully they've learnt the lesson this time but I'm not holding my breath.

Agree ro some extent.  

Pearson rebuilt the club, had a real philosophy of how to run the club with players coming in. Sports psychology etc ,allundone very quickly. 

Ranieri , results are obvious but then we started signing shit. Like mousa and slimani.

Shakey did what he needed to to but fell well short. Back to basics saved us .

Puel certainly had an eye for a player but the football was awful.

Rogers for 2 years was great. Unfortunately his ego and arrogance was bigger than the club and those in charge let him get away with far too much for far too long.

Smith , well that was sheer panic. Can't judge the guy  given the task in such a short time.

Maresca, young manager with an identity.  

From interviews sounds like the truth on finances were hidden and couldn't wait to jump ship. So while I agree with your statement it all seems a bit hap hazard.  

4 hours ago, Filbert Fireworks said:

We've drawn with Palace, Tottenham, Everton

Lost by 1 goal to Villa and Fulham. 

15th in the league. 

4 games the players worked hard. 

1game Everton it was a bad day at the office. 

Think we need some objectivity here. 

A lot of selective memory here whilst you're being objective. Only the Palace game where we were actually ahead, Spurs played us off the park and only shocking finishing stopped them going in 3 or 4 up at half time. Everton wasn't a bad day at the office, it was a poor team selection, lack of subs and lack of creativity against one of the weakest sides in the division.  I've rarely seen a manager where so many fans disagree with his team selection every week. Rarely seen someone clearly leaving out better players in favour of "being solid".

Objectively, Cooper isn't a positive influence on these players

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

to be fair i should have said around mid table. i would say between 10 and 14

We are a good £100m+ spend away from being a mid table squad on paper. 
It’s debatable whereabouts in the bottom four our squad is on paper. 
Thats not to say we can’t finish higher, but that’s where we are. 

• Like 1