Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dooflip

Player revolt…

3 hours ago, Aleksz said:

All you need to do is watch players body language, take what you’re reading in places, and read between the lines and it’s all totally obvious.

- I was told Vestergaard and Cooper have had a fall out, this came from a players family member. 

- There was the report Faes wasn’t enjoying playing on the left side of defence and wanted out towards the end of the window. 

- Winks is constantly doing his nut at people on the pitch.

- Mavididi’s body language is absolutely on the floor, he isn’t playing with a smile like he was. Fatawu the same. 

- People mentioned Reid bizarrely running around in the pouring rain warming up on his own at half time at the weekend

- Choudhury last night for the first 10minutes was well up for it, before you know it the head has dropped and he’s walking off down the tunnel. 

- They’re constantly going at eachother… Winks at the weekend, Coady last night at Fatawu.

- The fact there was next to zero input from the staff towards players last night going into the penalties - they all went off and did their own thing.

- Justin’s interview at the weekend said it all

You can sit there and say “oh what’s the evidence” and “oh we can’t believe that source” but some of you aren’t using your eyes, it’s right in front of you. They’re far from a happy camp and they’re not having him.  

Agree 100%.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Viva said:

Lots of what you have said are natural in a team that's not winning matches. It's not going to be as happy a camp as it was when we won virtually every game in the first half of last season. 

- I can't remember Mavididi ever playing with a smile on his face.

- Justin did a similar interview towards the end of last season ender Enzo.

- It's natural Vestergaard isn't happy not being in the team. 

- I would hope some of the leaders in the team like Coady and Winks are having a go at players not doing their job correctly

- Faes needs to accept where the manager wants to play him and crack on!

You can twist it either way. But the biggest take away for me, was Buonanotte’s performance. He very much looked like a player out in his own. He was charging around the pitch trying to do everything himself, and then Fatawu started to do similar in the second half. Some may say it’s just the player naturally going at it, but to me it was desperation, Buonanotte in particular he looked like a man gone rogue. 

The body language in particular is bad, and should it be? Considering we’re not actually in the bottom three and have seen some good stuff at times? 

I think there’s an issue, a lot of people are naturally going to suggest it’s all normal for a newly promoted team, but it’s the performances as a whole that get me. 

Regardless of what league you’re in, to go from a really cohesive unit to looking like a team of strangers, to me suggests there’s a flaw in the management. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Pita said:

The players just don’t seem very happy. Not like last season 

Probably because of the manager and coaching staff and how much of a change it is, the manager and staff are a massive grade down from Enzo and his team, you can understand why the players are not happy.

We don't have a game plan.

We should have got a manager than could play possession based football at least and kept the majority of the first team together, big mistake by the board once again.

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You can twist it either way. But the biggest take away for me, was Buonanotte’s performance. He very much looked like a player out in his own. He was charging around the pitch trying to do everything himself, and then Fatawu started to do similar in the second half. Some may say it’s just the player naturally going at it, but to me it was desperation, Buonanotte in particular he looked like a man gone rogue. 

The body language in particular is bad, and should it be? Considering we’re not actually in the bottom three and have seen some good stuff at times? 

I think there’s an issue, a lot of people are naturally going to suggest it’s all normal for a newly promoted team, but it’s the performances as a whole that get me. 

Regardless of what league you’re in, to go from a really cohesive unit to looking like a team of strangers, to me suggests there’s a flaw in the management. 

Most new managers come into a struggling club. It was harder for Cooper, as he came into a dressing room that loved the manager and had a very distinct style of play which was drilled into them day after day. His methods will be very different to Enzo's and there are bound to be players that don't like the change. It might take time for the players to be fully up to speed with the new style after being coached by Enzo.

If you feel the body language of the players is bad, then that's on them as well as the manager. All this doom and gloom though and we are not in the relegation zone, which will be a huge success if we stay outside this at the end of the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Molson Canadian said:

get him out. and get someone in who can get this squad going. i think with the right manager we shouldn't be aiming for survival but a mid table finish with the squad we have at the moment. 

A mid table finish? We really haven't got the 10th best squad in the league. 

• Like 1

The last two pages here paint a pretty damning picture. It cannot and I’m sure it will not last long. But every day he does stay in post the further we fall. The scary thing is though who would step in as interim? Enzo took the whole backroom team and Cooper has his guys in. At this rate it would be Matt Reeves and Macca the kitman.

At the end of the day Rudkin and co got lucky with Maresca, there wasnt a brain transplant and a realization that this was the direction we should go. There was a coin flip. 

You can tell the competence being an appointment based on the contenders for a job. When Brighton get linked with a coach, they all have a matching philosophy. We cast a very wide net and could go in any direction. Smith and Marsch were both so unimaginative, Id worry wed go for another random proven (yet failed) appointment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Viva said:

We really haven't got the 10th best squad in the league. 

We didn't have the best squad when we won the league. It's how they are motivated, managed and understand what their individual roles are and perform them to the best of their ability. A squad is not a team. Sadly under this manager, nobody seems interested. With the right appointment, this squad could finish up 12th, I believe. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

We didn't have the best squad when we won the league. It's how they are motivated, managed and understand what their individual roles are and perform them to the best of their ability. A squad is not a team. Sadly under this manager, nobody seems interested. With the right appointment, this squad could finish up 12th, I believe. 

There is a reason why since our title win, the wages of a team roughly indicates a teams likely finishing position. Our win was an outlier and not a useable point of reference since.

18 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

So after 5 games the fans are moaning, the players are moaning, no-one likes the manager, the owner, the DOF, whelan and that c*nt wellens. I'm in awe of this clubs collective spirit. 

Up the foxes.

This isn't just 5 games  though is it? 

This is the straw that broke the camels back.

Take out the sarcasm about wellens,  it's seasons long.  The DOF has managed to turn us from the envy of the country to a laughing stock. To a point where we take any manager that had time on his hands. 

The CEO has sanctioned all the finances and the owner is totally oblivious or too wet to question it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

the wages of a team roughly indicates a teams likely finishing position

So we were the 18th on wage list when we were relegated? All I'm suggesting is that with the right manager, there is enough quality in the squad to create a team that can do ok in this division.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Viva said:

Most new managers come into a struggling club. It was harder for Cooper, as he came into a dressing room that loved the manager and had a very distinct style of play which was drilled into them day after day. His methods will be very different to Enzo's and there are bound to be players that don't like the change. It might take time for the players to be fully up to speed with the new style after being coached by Enzo.

If you feel the body language of the players is bad, then that's on them as well as the manager. All this doom and gloom though and we are not in the relegation zone, which will be a huge success if we stay outside this at the end of the season. 

It's dogshit

35 minutes ago, Viva said:

They didn't 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I remember the lens game. When there was a break in play - for Daka - Winks was really going at it at the players to try and get control of the game. I was surprised. I'd never seen him like that. Nowadays players tend to turn to the bench if they have a problem. To see him so animated was worrying at the time. But easily put aside as a one off. 

I think however I've seen Winks lose his nut, one way or the other, in every game since. 

It's all wrong. The atmosphere stinks. 

Edit. It's Claude Puel again. We all knew he'd lost the dressing room and schmeichel wasbarch instigator (his dad disrespectfully and disgracefully imo calling out puel on danish Tv as 'the problem' ....at least Claude had the advantage of getting results, Vardy apart playing his best players, blooding youth and overseeing some great signings. Cooper has none of that credit in the bank. 

Vardy got dropped once, and I think it was fairly evident it was because he was caught on camera referring to Puel as a 'f**king knobhead'

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Viva said:

A mid table finish? We really haven't got the 10th best squad in the league. 

Palace didn’t last season and they finished 10th. 
Not saying we will but this mindset that we should accept that we’re going to struggle at the bottom is so negative. 
Imo there’s no reason why without Cooper in charge we could finish between 12th and 15th. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

At the end of the day Rudkin and co got lucky with Maresca, there wasnt a brain transplant and a realization that this was the direction we should go. There was a coin flip. 

You can tell the competence being an appointment based on the contenders for a job. When Brighton get linked with a coach, they all have a matching philosophy. We cast a very wide net and could go in any direction. Smith and Marsch were both so unimaginative, Id worry wed go for another random proven (yet failed) appointment. 

Don’t agree with this at all. King power has always tried to appoint a manager who will play like Man City…. Sousa, Sven, Puel, Rodgers and Maresca all known for trying to play ‘football’… Cooper himself at Swansea adopted the is style, but this was probably due to Graham Potter. 

They certainly didn’t flip a coin with Maresca, the club generally get managerial

appointments right.