Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dooflip

Player revolt…

Revolt is a too strong a word but there is a lack of leadership from the Manager and I put that down to Coopers inexperience.

It's been the Players who have bailed us out and gathered the few points rather than Leadership from the touchline. That's a big concern given some of his weird decisions.

His Tactics hasn't worked so he needs to get back to basics ot tweak the tactics.  That means putting your best players on the pitch and getting a few results.

That's how he'll win the Players and Fans over. 

• Like 1

Don’t know if this has been mentioned but was talking to a mate who recons he’s heard that the Team are against Cooper cause it feels like three club has lost it’s identity in the way it’s set up at playing level how they are frustrated by Coopers inability to manage the team how they are used to how they play etc, hate to think this afternoon V the Gooneys they down tools and play worse than last Tuesday at Walsall Rudkin and Top need to step in now to stabilise & settle the club change the manager if needed which seems the case he’s out of his depth in the Prem !!

2 hours ago, grth2004 said:

There’s no club in the country where some players are not happy , some aren’t getting on the pitch or just not first choice and some players don’t want to play a certain way so nothing new. If we had Pep as manager some players wouldn’t be happy because of the same reasons. 

But would probably look at what he has achieved beforehand, as a player and manager, and think he knows what he is doing so probably best to play the way he wants, compare and contrast Cooper, if the players are struggling to understand his intent if they're isn't issues there will be unless he turns it round or instills his intent to get some achievable results.

I dont dislike him, I just dont rate him and think we deserve better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I think people quite vastly overrate the quality of our squad as it is presently. Finishing about 14th /15th is about as good as we will get I reckon. Some seem to think we'll be top half. 

So that’s where you think he’s on track to get us?

It was interesting that after the Plymouth defeat it was suggested the players almost broke rank to play slightly different to get us  over the line last season. I would suggest aside from Palace, have our improved 2nd half performances been as a result of the players going slightly rogue and stepping away from the passive and negative tactical  set up. 

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Maybe. He's got to improve with what he's got, no doubt. But there are severe levels of delusion about the standard of our squad. 

What did you think about Tuesday? Recon 1 shot on target against League 2 is down to our squad?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I always thought it was players on the pitch who took shots but I might be wrong. 🤔

Sounds like you are admitting that our manager has no influence or ability to coach our players to get a shot on target against a league 2 team despite every single one of them playing their career at a higher level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Don’t know if this has been mentioned but was talking to a mate who recons he’s heard that the Team are against Cooper cause it feels like three club has lost it’s identity in the way it’s set up at playing level how they are frustrated by Coopers inability to manage the team how they are used to how they play etc, hate to think this afternoon V the Gooneys they down tools and play worse than last Tuesday at Walsall Rudkin and Top need to step in now to stabilise & settle the club change the manager if needed which seems the case he’s out of his depth in the Prem !!

And......breathe!

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Well thats pretty significant...but until its confirmed by a sisters boyfriends mates cousin who's a chiropractor and knows a bloke in the offy who is ITK..im still on the fence

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I think people quite vastly overrate the quality of our squad as it is presently. Finishing about 14th /15th is about as good as we will get I reckon. Some seem to think we'll be top half. 

I think you're right about the should be finishing position but we wouldn't achieve that with Cooper. That's the crux of the problem. 

• Like 1

The thing is that it isn’t so much about the results in is about what we can see on the pitch in the overall performance. In my lifetime I have seen LCFC relegated five times and each time you can see it happening through the season down to the performance on the pitch.

During the great escape season, I never thought we would go down because I thought we played well and were more unlucky and sometimes naive but was sure it would come together as the team performance was there.

From what I have seen so far of these performances, I just can’t see past relegation unless we make a change before it is too late. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Now I’m not a Cooper fan and I don’t think he’s the right man for us, but I think we can probably put this one to bed for now. If the players are in revolt against Cooper, they’re doing a damn good job of hiding it. 

As presumed, most probably just Vesty throwing his toys out of the pram as previous.

Just now, DennisNedry said:

Apart from a couple (Vesty, Winks?), I don't see any signs of players downing tools really.

im guessing that this is possibly more about the players who are not getting picked..

Not just Riccy P, but I’d be livid if I was Fatawu.. just committed his future to the club and stops getting picked.. and then they bring on BCR ahead of him