Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Will The Board Ever Admit They Might Be Wrong?

Personally, I doubt it because admission suggests failure.

Clearly they're have been many poor judgements over the last 2-3 seasons but nobody has taken responsibility. Why?

Are they cowards? Why are they hiding away and not giving us any information?

If they've made mistakes, surely it's the honourable thing to do to admit it and try to make things better instead of bulldozing ahead with no one holding their hands up.

Myself, I'd have much more faith if the board either collectively or via a spokesperson, said there have been mistakes and that things were being reflected on and action taken. That would allay some fears for our future.

• Haha 1

I think they think they are beyond reproach after the title win.

As for this season, everyone at the club knew this season was going to be a shit show so we are probably fairing better than they expected, manager struggling with a limited squad, awful 3rd round cup performance but we still went through to the next round, new signings bedding in etc

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

They are. 

But they're not, are they.

They've failed to build on the successes we've had. So much more could have been done to ensure we could become a seasoned PL club such as the likes of Brentford, Brighton etc but decisions were made that meant we were doomed to failure. The indecision around Rodgers, the **** up regarding FFP and the jeopardy that created within the club. The lack of belief in the financial executives because of the errors they made, never mind the ill judged trust Top, and the other board members invested in those two, which suggests to me that Top had/has no real idea of what owning a football club really is about. Which is where he differs from his father. 

A football club at this level is certainly a business, in it to be profitable and make money for owners and shareholders in the same way that any other major organisation would do. The difference, for me anyway, is the fanbase. Boots PLC et al, don't have scarf waving, shirt buying, money spending, enthusiasts turning up at their offices and shops week after week. There needs to be some transparency and a shared loyalty to the club and to us, the ticket paying fans that want to see success, or at least some signs that the club wants success on the field, to give us something positive to feel about when we go to games rather than the apparent lack of concern and poor treatment of loyal fans of the club.

There's people I know that have been ST holders for decades that are starting to wonder, is it worth it right now.

It's a shame that we have dropped to this level of apathy but it's the investors/owners that should be aware of this and it seems they just don't care and are not prepared to accept the challenges that are needed to keep us in the higher tier of the EFL/PL. 

If KP are in financial difficulties we should be told. If not and they intend to continue to invest (stadium expansion isn't a given BTW) then lets see it.

Sadly I think we are experiencing the reality that owners of any football club aren't as invested in it as the supporters are. It's a cash cow, a distraction, a bauble. And I think that's how it will always be. 

Vishai had a dream. One that his son seems less keen to continue.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

Half of the country’s population can’t admit it’s wrong these days, then you have politicians bullsh1tting on a daily basis, a filthy rich delusional board member that has no interest other than bleeding you dry for every penny won’t ever hold their hands up. 

Losing face is more embarrassing in Asian culture than in the western world. We’ve always been told “respect is a big thing in Thailand” on here so we have to put up with eastern mysticism. 

Top is either negligent or incompetent and for that reason I wish he’d sell up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Parafox said:

But they're not, are they.

They've failed to build on the successes we've had. So much more could have been done to ensure we could become a seasoned PL club such as the likes of Brentford, Brighton etc but decisions were made that meant we were doomed to failure. The indecision around Rodgers, the **** up regarding FFP and the jeopardy that created within the club. The lack of belief in the financial executives because of the errors they made, never mind the ill judged trust Top, and the other board members invested in those two, which suggests to me that Top had/has no real idea of what owning a football club really is about. Which is where he differs from his father. 

A football club at this level is certainly a business, in it to be profitable and make money for owners and shareholders in the same way that any other major organisation would do. The difference, for me anyway, is the fanbase. Boots PLC et al, don't have scarf waving, shirt buying, money spending, enthusiasts turning up at their offices and shops week after week. There needs to be some transparency and a shared loyalty to the club and to us, the ticket paying fans that want to see success, or at least some signs that the club wants success on the field, to give us something positive to feel about when we go to games rather than the apparent lack of concern and poor treatment of loyal fans of the club.

There's people I know that have been ST holders for decades that are starting to wonder, is it worth it right now.

It's a shame that we have dropped to this level of apathy but it's the investors/owners that should be aware of this and it seems they just don't care and are not prepared to accept the challenges that are needed to keep us in the higher tier of the EFL/PL. 

If KP are in financial difficulties we should be told. If not and they intend to continue to invest (stadium expansion isn't a given BTW) then lets see it.

Sadly I think we are experiencing the reality that owners of any football club aren't as invested in it as the supporters are. It's a cash cow, a distraction, a bauble. And I think that's how it will always be. 

Vishai had a dream. One that his son seems less keen to continue.

So tell me how the supporter base has held them accountable for the above and ensured they are not above reproach? 

Unfortunately you can't, because our wider supporter base will let them do whatever they want. 

• Like 3

The fact that no one has lost their job and there's been next to no changes at board level after the amount of f**k ups we've had over the last 3/4 years is astounding. I'm not expecting them to publicly 'say they're sorry' but the fact Top has just stuck with the same people regardless feels almost negligible. In particular it feels like Jon Rudkin, aka Smithers, has got a job for life to be honest.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, iancognito said:

When does any board at any club announce such a thing?

Only a new ownership would announce what was previously wrong and we all know that change isn't coming anytime soon.

It just doesn't happen - football club or otherwise. 

Unless you are a PLC there is no requirement to have continual dialgue with the outside world. There is no merit to comment on failings, because it's subjective. 

I'm not saying it's right, just saying it's something that won't happen. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

It just doesn't happen - football club or otherwise. 

Unless you are a PLC there is no requirement to have continual dialgue with the outside world. There is no merit to comment on failings, because it's subjective. 

I'm not saying it's right, just saying it's something that won't happen. 

I agree with you but what massively surprises me (or it doesn’t) is that normally there’s some departures within the hierarchy after such event. 

The only bloke who left got an upgrade 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

So tell me how the supporter base has held them accountable for the above and ensured they are not above reproach? 

Unfortunately you can't, because our wider supporter base will let them do whatever they want

Sorry to be frank but they can? Apart from vocalising discontent, what's next for us supporters, lobbing bricks through the reception at the KP?

I disagree with lots going on at the club, but at this stage I'm not prepared to turn my back and not support the club anymore, or not go to games - if others want to then that's their choice and I'd respect it.

You can lobby change but ultimately it's not worth being on ramapril for. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Sorry to be frank but they can? Apart from vocalising discontent, what's next for us supporters, lobbing bricks through the reception at the KP?

I disagree with lots going on at the club, but at this stage I'm not prepared to turn my back and not support the club anymore, or not go to games - if others want to then that's their choice and I'd respect it.

You can lobby change but ultimately it's not worth being on ramapril for. 

My point is that they are beyond reproach. 

Which you have agreed with

Edited by Lako42

They are beyond reproach, we are just existing as a football club, from what we were:

1. No ambition 

2. Poor decisions on contracts / players wages.

3. A review shrouded in secrecy when we relegated but seemingly no one held to account over it.

4. Same people in the same positions too long, to comfortable, happy to go down the easy route (Hence the financial mess) to easy to pay more to retain dross or bring in final payday quality players that no one else wanted.

5. Rudkin who appears totally beyond reproach, seemingly can do no wrong.

Summary:

From best run club, to one of the worst, in a relatively short timeframe, with the same people in charge, tells you everything you need to know. The title win was amazing, as was the FA Cup happy to have witnessed it, but doubt on current trajectory we will ever see the likes of this again anytime soon 

• Like 1

They are beyond reproach, we are just existing as a football club, from what we were:

1. No ambition 

2. Poor decisions on contracts / players wages.

3. A review shrouded in secrecy when we relegated but seemingly no one held to account over it.

4. Same people in the same positions too long, to comfortable, happy to go down the easy route (Hence the financial mess) to easy to pay more to retain dross or bring in final payday quality players that no one else wanted.

5. Rudkin who appears totally beyond reproach, seemingly can do no wrong.

Summary:

From best run club, to one of the worst, in a relatively short timeframe, with the same people in charge, tells you everything you need to know. The title win was amazing, as was the FA Cup happy to have witnessed it, but doubt on current trajectory we will ever see the likes of this again anytime soon 

• Thanks 1