Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Arsenal (A) Match Thread - 15:00PM 28th Sept

Yes Arsenal are different class and should beat us 9 times out of 10, but that does not excuse our totally passive approach. Waiting for the inevitable to happen is pure cowardice. Even a non league team would be braver than this. If the idiots running our club can't see that Cooper is totally out of his depth after watching that then we really are doomed. 

2 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

This could be bad guys, routine 2-0 for arsenal at half time wtf do we do second half? not going to come back into this even with the best intentions so do u play to keep the score down or just go all out and attack with the potential to lose by 5 or 6? Might be that anyway tbh... arsenal far too gd for us!

Attack lol. I like your optimism 

31 minutes ago, Izzy said:

A decent manager is what’s needed 

The points deduction was a factor in them getting anyone different, I don't believe we'd of offered much differently in the Spurs, Villa or today's game with a different manager. The last time we played Fulham away we got thumped trying to stay up, we drew to Everton with a different manager. The rot is deep, last season just papered over the cracks. We have gone back 10 years, yet it's possible to get back to a top 10 club in 3 years. Happy to jump on the Cooper out train after Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest and Ipswich games have been played but not before. He needs a bit of a chance, that run of fixtures and then an international break in November would be the time to pull the trigger for me.

Today was always going to be Arsenal's easiest game of the season. 

Not sure we will ever sign a striker who can replace Vardy. Would probably have been better having Ayew up there as at least he Will show for the ball. 

If Justin didn't have the slowest brain then we might have knicked an early goal, then you never know, although I'm pretty confident it wouldn't have made much difference.

Both goals were disappointing, not tracking players is so poor.

Not sure how that’s Coopers fault, players are professionals, ball watching and not tracking players is just terrible.

Edited by The Guvnor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

I almost want us to lose v bournemouth so he goes it is that bad 

Don’t you worry. We will. Arsenal are good sure, but you actually have to have a plan, a style and the desire to go out and perform. There is none. The players are simply not performing for the man. That is obvious now and won’t change. He has to go. Wrong appointment from the outset and most of us knew it. 

3 minutes ago, iancognito said:

We were a better side than half the league 4 years ago.

The drop off is ridiculous and when these patronising f**** on Talksport and Sky talk about Leicester fans being above their station and deluded they forget where we've fallen from not where we were 6 months ago

I think the truth falls somewhere in the middle.

4 years is a long, long time in football.

Our squad is weaker than the one that won the Championship let alone 4 years ago. 

We shouldn't be expecting anything other than a limp defeat at Arsenal imo. Apart from that one game in 2020 we always lose there. Even in the title winning season we lost there.