Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

There was no conspiracy on the minutes added. Vards had a slight tug if anything. We lost the game because in 94th minute we let Trossard unmarked on the back post. Not one dickhead thought oh, there’s another dickhead back here maybe someone should pressure him.

I mean it’s not like we didn’t have five of the same corner to know what was likely 

our set up always left a man spare at the back post - I suppose we decided it was a risk worth taking to stop them getting a free header in the six yard box - but we allowed a few of those in any case !

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

A lot of confirmation bias going on here  if your part of the "cooper out, Rudkin out everything is shit brigade" then that was a poor performance where we created little and threw away points with bad game management.

If your in the "6 games is too early to sack a manager, give him a fair crack, there has been some encouraging signs brigade" then that was a spirited performance away at one of the best sides in Europe, where the lads fought there nads off and nearly got something.

I think what ever camp your in you would have to admit that was better than you was expecting?

Disagree, it was exactly what everyone expected. Even with 90+ minutes played everyone in the match thread still knew we would lose

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Yikes. How we even got close to a draw is completely beyond me, other than Mads' heroics.

Screenshot_20240928_173844_BBC Sport.jpg

That image alone should get Cooper fired. We are not even competing at this level, it’s criminal how he sets us up and the complete lack of any game plan or patterns of play.

For huge swathes of the match we couldn’t get it out of defence. We don’t know how to play out from the back, we can’t counter, we don’t know how to attack and our defensive shape is terrible.

We are the worst coached team in the league by a country mile.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

There was no conspiracy on the minutes added. Vards had a slight tug if anything. We lost the game because in 94th minute we let Trossard unmarked on the back post. Not one dickhead thought oh, there’s another dickhead back here maybe someone should pressure him.

Dirty boy, but if that’s what’s keeping him young then carry on sir

4 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Disagree, it was exactly what everyone expected. Even with 90+ minutes played everyone in the match thread still knew we would lose

And after clawing our way back after being 0-2 down. Expected before the game but where is our professionalism?

2 goals in time added on is inexcusable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

The worst part of supporting Leicester these days is having to put up with the sense of entitlement among our deluded supporters.

I think many of you should just switch to supporting Man City. 

Ever since I can remember, we have been too good for the second tier and not good enough for the top tier. 2015/6 and the three years after were a real anomaly. 

I used to love going to matches but the last two years have tried my patience. Listening to all the moaning from our so called "fans" is tortuous.

You need to toughen up.   

Nothing wrong with calling out the garbage the club are currently serving us.

• Like 3

Didn't deserve a point but still gutted

First Arsenal goal comes down the left, Mavididi doesn't track Timber and I think Skipp is slow getting back to defend the space 

Second Arsenal goal comes down right, Justin could show him on his left but Winks can see Trossard and never makes any attempt to get the right side of him which is why I think Mads was mad at Winks after the goal

First goal back for us bit lucky but decent delivery 

Second goal back nice play down the left  and great strike by JJ

Third goal for Arsenal naive to leave someone unmarked at the back post what can you say very stupid but looked to be a conscious decision as we did it other corners to protect around Mads

Fourth goal is what it is 3 against 2 while chasing, Mads should have held it in first instance but can't fault him otherwise

I think our two main issues are a midfield which does nothing off the ball to protect the backline and our inability to create chances

1 minute ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

The worst part of supporting Leicester these days is having to put up with the sense of entitlement among our deluded supporters.

Ever since I can remember, we have been too good for the second tier and not good enough for the top tier. 2015/6 and the three years after were a real anomaly. 

I used to love going to matches but the last two years have tried my patience. Listening to all the moaning from our so called "fans" is tortuous.

You need to toughen up.   

If the league had 5 divisions instead of 4, we'd be fine - permanently stuck in the 2nd tier.

37 minutes ago, trooky said:

Arsenal had 36 shots, 29 in the box and 16 on target,  most one sided 4-2 ever.

Hermansen must have been unbelievable.

I knew someone who used to say to people who didn't go to games but watch on TV 'your not a fan, you're a viewer'..... are you a 'reader'? 😄 

Hermansen was unbelievable, to be fair.

17 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Premier league chiefs want us gone simple as and it showed in that game

Anyway not good enough to stay up

Welsh git out!

At least that turd that never fluahesnlost at home... good stuff , makes up for it a bit.

Funny how nobody ever called Rodgers a "Northern Irish" git etc. etc.... 

12 minutes ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

You need to toughen up.   

I no longer wonder who those chairs in hotel rooms are for. 

Let’s be honest we were expecting a mauling today, luckily and surprisingly we did well to come back in the 2nd half. The frustration for me is the subs, Jordan ayew, why? What does he offer really poor, and the then BCR aswell didn’t offer anything. I would rather have had Ricardo come on right wing for FB or even skipp who had a poor game. If Cooper wants to get the fans to understand him then make the right subs. 

• Like 1