Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal - Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

Jordan Ayew and Bobby De Cordova Reid on the pitch together. :schmike:

PL experience to see out the game….lol

Ending up with a front 3 of those 2 plus a knackered 37 year old, really??! Surely we needed to get some pace on to give us an outball and at least make them think twice about throwing everyone forward?

3 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I can't believe we have been outplayed by one of the best teams in Europe. Sickening.

I think the annoyance is having made it to added time at 2-2 we embarked on a strange sub where we took off a defensive midfielder and replaced him with an attacking one. 
you could put that one up there with Shakespeare at the emirates where he took off matty James for kelechi at 3-3.  Funnily enough same outcome. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

PL experience to see out the game….lol

Ending up with a front 3 of those 2 plus a knackered 37 year old, really??! Surely we needed to get some pace on to give us an outball and at least make them think twice about throwing everyone forward?

I’m laughing to keep from crying 😂

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think the annoyance is having made it to added time at 2-2 we embarked on a strange sub where we took off a defensive midfielder and replaced him with an attacking one. 
you could put that one up there with Shakespeare at the emirates where he took off matty James for kelechi at 3-3.  Funnily enough same outcome. 

I think there are some on here who would be moaning even more if we had actually drawn. It's incredible! 

Edited by FOXSE
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, not the worst performance of the season, and some positives, but still 0 points and further slope towards the foot of the table.

It's not these results that will cost us though, it will be the dropped points to the likes of Fulham, Villa, Palace & Everton.

Everton beating Palace today is a big result for one of our relegation fodder rivals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

Yes. There is. It's all about the money.  

It really isn't.  As we proved in 2016. Of course it is important but you can spend a lot of money but not get things right and you can spend a modest amount of money and get a good management team, good recruitment and a team that functions like a team. I'd say we are some way short of the latter right now.

If you are happy with the level of performance this season then fine. Others would disagree with you. 

4 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I think there are some on here who would be moaning even more if we HD actually drawn. It's incredible! 

Maybe but the coach has managed to screw up an amazing come back and rearguard action  - I think that’s how the players will see it - they needed nobby stiles and they got Martin peters 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Anorak said:

Didn't get to see the game, how long should it have been? 

Hermansen got treatment for at least 2 minutes, Mavididi(?) the same for 1. Two LCFC goals (30 seconds each), Three separate subs (30 seconds each). 

Means the ref found 90 seconds from everything else, so 7 seems like the absolute minimum

31 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Expected a loss, got one.

But not by the margin some were predicting on here. Idiots suggesting it would be double figures.

I'll take two goals in open play against Arsenal. However, that's not in any way a defence of Cooper and his tactics or his weird substitutions when we were level.

Edited by Parafox

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Martinelli was down for a minute

mads was down for three minutes 

2 goals 

3 sub breaks 

we wasted a couple mins

7 seemed about right to me  

I think the issue for me is we always seem to have few minutes (and blown up early) when we’re chasing. But extra time when we’re holding on… 

I’d imagine all fans (except Man U) feel the same.

49 minutes ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

The worst part of supporting Leicester these days is having to put up with the sense of entitlement among our deluded supporters.

I think many of you should just switch to supporting Man City. 

Ever since I can remember, we have been too good for the second tier and not good enough for the top tier. 2015/6 and the three years after were a real anomaly. 

I used to love going to matches but the last two years have tried my patience. Listening to all the moaning from our so called "fans" is tortuous.

You need to toughen up.   

We had a period of 10 years in the league and genuinely progressed as a club in that time though, so it’s slightly different.

We should have moved away from the yo-yo club of old. It’s completely fair for fans to adjust their expectations and aim a little higher.

I would have been annoyed about these performances 20 years ago though, what we’ve done in recent years has no bearing on that for me - It’s been absolutely awful.

Walsall and Everton were definitely concerning but today should not register at all… if this was flipped and we’d beat an upper championship side like arsenal did us today we’d be moaning, it’s never nice to lose in the last minute but today isn’t at all a bad showing, I’m more concerned on whether that fight will carry through, seem to be far better away than at home at the moment

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, safetosurfthisbeach said:

The worst part of supporting Leicester these days is having to put up with the sense of entitlement among our deluded supporters.

I think many of you should just switch to supporting Man City. 

Ever since I can remember, we have been too good for the second tier and not good enough for the top tier. 2015/6 and the three years after were a real anomaly. 

I used to love going to matches but the last two years have tried my patience. Listening to all the moaning from our so called "fans" is tortuous.

You need to toughen up.   

In the last 28 years we have finished in the top half of the top division on 10 occasions and been outside the top division for 12. We have spent comfortably more of the last 30 years in the top flight than not.

Not really an anomoly.

For anyone feeling they've had a lousy Saturday, I'm currently at my niece's wedding.

The DJ has started playing Easy... not bad The Commodores or Faith No more, but Boyz II Men.

The second track was Tracks of my Tears, not by Smokey Robinson, but by... Boyz II Men.

Don't worry, I'll survive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rigga said:

we all wanted enzo out when we were top of the league ..

most were happy when enzo left..

Same ones who said he wouldn't last until Xmas at Chelsea while he's currently sitting top 4