Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal - Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

For anyone feeling they've had a lousy Saturday, I'm currently at my niece's wedding.

The DJ has started playing Easy... not bad The Commodores or Faith No more, but Boyz II Men.

The second track was Tracks of my Tears, not by Smokey Robinson, but by... Boyz II Men.

Don't worry, I'll survive.

I Will Survive but not by Gloria Gaynor… by boys II Men

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

For anyone feeling they've had a lousy Saturday, I'm currently at my niece's wedding.

The DJ has started playing Easy... not bad The Commodores or Faith No more, but Boyz II Men.

The second track was Tracks of my Tears, not by Smokey Robinson, but by... Boyz II Men.

Don't worry, I'll survive.

The DJ should be sacked before Cooper

• Like 1

Arsenal had 17 corner, almost all of which were played identically.

Ok it ended up being an own goal, but all caused by leaving a man completely unmarked at the back.

Doesn't matter how well you play for any period of a game if your going to make Sunday league errors in the best league in world football.

Absolutely no doubt we're getting relegated,  I just hope it's with atleast a degree of dignity.

41 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

I dunno - someone that invested in Boys II Men definitely sounds like someone who will bench Fatawu and Facundo for BDCR and Ayew.

I can't understand why he is not starting Fatawu and again bringing him on in the 90th minute ?

• Like 1

I think the majority of the game went how expected. Sit deep, let them play, live on the edge, offer very little and when we got the ball back hoof it long in the hope of something happening. 

The positives are that we’ve managed to get ourselves back into the game after being 2-0 at one of the best teams in the league. Hermansen was unbelievable and as a unit I actually thought in the second half we defended really well. 

6 games in and bar Everton at home we’ve actually had a really tough start when you look at it. Next month is huge and will show us where we really are at, all winnable games for sure and games you have to win if we are going to stay up. 

• Like 2

Arsenal are a fantastic side, but my god we are so inoffensive.

You could argue that we nearly snatched a point, but we’ve lost 4-2. Whether those goals are scored in stoppage time or the 65th minute, they still count.

Were it not for Mads, we would’ve had the embarrassment that the stats suggest. 

• Like 1

Piss poor ref by the looks of it on MOTD. Joke how there player got away with that second yellow. No way we would of got away with that. Also Vardy was clearly fouled for the first goal.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, adam said:

Piss poor ref by the looks of it on MOTD. Joke how there player got away with that second yellow. No way we would of got away with that. Also Vardy was clearly fouled for the first goal.

It was a disgrace the second yellow wasn't given. Ref couldn't wait to book our player for waving imaginary card which is fair enough but does not excuse the failure to do his job and book the Arsenal player

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, adam said:

Agreed but by the same token Skipp should have walked as well. 

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

By my reckoning Arsenal’s xG today is the 6th highest ever recorded in the Premier League.

Still, gave them a scare…

We didn’t our goalkeeper was world class and kept them from scoring more than 4 goals. It could have been 10-2 and we wouldn’t have any complaints. 

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Seeing those match stats on MoTD is truly embarrassing. 36 shots, 76 touches in our box, etc. WTAF. I know Arsenal are good but really??

Probably top 5 in europe if not higher. We did well to even lay a glove on them.

Our season won't be defined by losing that game.